How you feel about "sharing" make-up?

cupcake_x

^Acne isn't a disease, you can't get it from sharing make-up from someone else.
I guess maybe if she has an open whitehead it's possible, but it's extremely unlikely.

I don't particularly mind sharing. I guess it just depends on who it is (not like a total stranger or any old friend.. She has to be kind of close) but I'll even share mascara and eyeliner. Especially with my mom.

I once shared a body butter with a co-worker and I also gave her some lip balm. I just don't really care- I feel like after this thread I should, though
lol.gif

Nicala

I was pretty "eh" about sharing my make up. But when I shared my lippy with this chick from choir at school, I used it after and she had mono so I ended up getting mono. D:

IT WAS NO FUN.

I learned not to share my make up after that experience..

Mizz.Coppertone

Wow that does sound harsh but I wouldn't want to share brushes with anyone, even if they didn't have acne! Their still basically buffing all of their face oils onto ur brush. It's just like how they say not to touch ur face or a pimple because u can transfer the bacteria to another spot. Gross!

User93

What. the. fuck.

Just today my friend in college grabs my gloss and puts on herself. Its a tube, i'll go wash it with alcohol. It's impossible to have a lipgloss around my friends in college without them applying it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so pissed off.

They find it perfectly normal and always use each other's glosses. They are my good friends. I dont wanna hurt them. But it freaks me out so bad. Uhhhh I'll go wash my fav gloss
cry.gif

Shanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by star25
I agree, I don't see why that's gross.
If I didn't have acne prone skin I'd be slathering on my Nivea hand cream every morning!

HUHHH
Nivea Light... is that hand cream too??
Oh mann I've been using that stuff on my face every night!
X_x

outinapout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibi
And well, she saw me using it before, so the answer was quite obvious. I felt stupid declining, and well, had to pass it to her.

You could always keep a couple of Q-tips around and scrape some off of the bullet the next time she asks. Either she'll get the idea or ask why you're doing it that way, which will give you an in to explain sanitation w/ her. If that doesn't work and you don't want to be mean just keep a loaner with you.

I also don't think there's anything wrong with saying "no, I think I'm coming down with something and I'd hate for you to catch it!"

ClaireAvril

I don't share my makeup with friends. Someone asked me for an eyeliner or something and I told them I don't share my makeup. plain as that.

miss sha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibi
Girls, you say "No" but look, if a friend of yours (not the best friend, just a good one.. I have about 6 in college for example) asks you for a gloss, you would just say "No" in her face? I can't do that :/

Hell yes I would say no. Why am I going to inconvenience myself when just saying "hell goddamn no" gets their fingers off my stuff?

I'm pretty stingy with everything, honestly.
lol.gif
I don't like being using my electronics, I don't like people in my room, I don't like people borrowing my books. If someone asks for a bite of something I'm eating, I'll keep eating it until I'M done, and then they can have whatever's left. I hate double-dipping so I'll always pour some sauce/whatever onto my own plate.

I already do all of that so no way am I going to risk an eye infection or a cold sore my letting someone else use my makeup. Get your own. I don't care if they just saw me using a lipgloss and ask if I have one. "Yes, I have one, but not for you!"

BBJay

I will occasionally share with my best friend but that's about it. I'm really not big about sharing with strangers and if anyone asks, I just say "I'm sorry I'm a really big germophobe" I think the sickest display of makeup sharing I see is at football games. I'm a cheerleader and sometimes, girls like to draw little paw prints or numbers on their cheek, and they all use the same eyeliner pencil. I would never let 20 girls rub my eyeliner all on their face and then stick it in my eye.

L1LMAMAJ

i would only allow people to share makeup with me if it's eyeshadows or lipsticks because i can clean them. u can't clean lipgloss and i think it's gross knowing that someone else was using the sponge applicator. mascara is a no-go too. lip balm, same thing.

tepa1974

I've shared my glosses with some of my close friends and I don't have an issue with it. I've also done my friend's makeup and used my own makeup and brushes (we didn't use mascara but if we would have, I would have asked her to use her own). I've never thought of it as gross and maybe it's because they are kind of like family to me.

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
I can share, but it depends who
I share my lipsyl with my man, but nobody else

Me too. This one time a girl (coworker), liked my lipgloss and asked me if she could use it cause she forgot hers. I give it to her to hav. No it wasn't a mac one
th_wink3.gif
it was a long time ago

Boasorte

Well when I was in middle school my friends and I would share lipgloss, but they would pour the lipgloss on their finger, and then put it on the lips, cuz we weren't having that.
Other than that, nope I'm not sharing a damn thing

RedRibbon

It depends on who it is and what it is.

I have shared eyeshadow with a few girls at work though we are pretty close and they use their own brushes which I've just realised wouldn't really make much of a difference.

Re. lipsticks and glosses, I only let those few girls and certain people in my family use them bu they use their own lip brushes and no fingers are used at all.

I don't get why some people think it's ok to just ask to use your stuff because it's high end and theirs is drugstore, I pay for this stuff for myself, not for you to use. That's the main reason that chancers at work want to use my stuff..when I was temping during my years at uni there used to be one woman who would put on a whole face with borrowed goods, I could never have the cheek to do that.

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacVirgin
Me too. This one time a girl (coworker), liked my lipgloss and asked me if she could use it cause she forgot hers. I give it to her to hav. No it wasn't a mac one
th_wink3.gif
it was a long time ago

I still don't get it...
Why do people want to use our stuff.
I mean, arent they aware that in 2009, you can catch pretty much any disease on a lipgloss?
lol.gif

Not that I have any (disease) but still... I could have a cold, or flu!

jackie100

I don't like to share makeup. Actually I'm kind of secretive about it. I get annoyed when my friend asks me "What gloss are you wearing?". I just pretend to be vague about it and claim I don't know or don't remember. I don't like people copying my colors etc. Even though they are my friends. It took me a lot of research to find out what suits me etc. I'm not going to tell them what I use...

crystalclear

I would allow them to use stuff that wont come in contact with their skin e.g. eyeshadow or blusher so long as the brush was clean (no fingers though) I could never allow them to use my eyeliner or use anyone else's and lipstick I wear is usually too bright for my friends anyway. lipgloss I'd put on to a plate etc (clean one obv.) and let them use brushes or fingers etc. But they all know I can be a bit picky with it and carry the stuff they use as a top up anyway.

ClaireAvril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
I still don't get it...
Why do people want to use our stuff.
I mean, arent they aware that in 2009, you can catch pretty much any disease on a lipgloss?
lol.gif

Not that I have any (disease) but still... I could have a cold, or flu!

or what if the person carries herpes.. who wants a HUGE coldsore! yuckkkkkkkk
can't cover that up.

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
or what if the person carries herpes.. who wants a HUGE coldsore! yuckkkkkkkk
can't cover that up.

Yeah exactly
I think I mentionned this story before but I cant find it, so here it is again :

I was with some friends, and a new girl was with us
We were all drinking juice/coke... anyway
My friend passed me hers, I drank a little from it and gave it back to her (I knew her well, no sores... hehehe). The new girl ask my friend for her drink and starts to drink in it. I joke saying : You don't have any coldsore do you?

She answered YES, with a serious face, not understanding why I asked this!

nope.gif
yucky.gif

Laurie

I share with my mummy! It's my mummy, I was all covered in her blood and body fluids for 9 months, I think I can more than give her a swipe of my eyeliner or mascara.. :\.. I will share shadows with a friend.. And that's about it..

Here's a story that to this day, has me like, brr? .. My class went on a trip to study some indigenous people, so myself and two other girls who are fairly like I am shared a room. Out of the whole class, we were really the ones who wore makeup and stuff. One day we were getting ready to head out and there was a knock on the door, it was another girl from class asking if she could borrow eyeliner. The three of us just looked at each other like.. 'Uhhhhh'.. it was awkward for awhile. Then eventually I said, 'Well, it's nothing against you or anything, but that's really unsanitary, that's going by our eyes, on our waterlines, you don't just share things like that.' Afterwards the other girls were like 'Lauren, thank god you did that!'..

But I mean, it's so strange, cause, first of all, she hardly wears makeup and second of all, we're not close to her.. Not that that would be the go-ahead to lend her. Needless to say, later on that morning she had on eyeliner, which means someone else lent her.. :\