How'd you come up with your Specktra name?

Sanne

pssst!!! it's speCktra
greengrin.gif

mspixieears

And in addition...I don't get the 'I caught you a delicious bass' tagline; I'm sure it's a joke I missed. Someone please explain!

Janice

Specktra is completely random. We wanted something short and simple that would stick in a persons head. Dunno if it worked or not.
greengrin.gif

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
And in addition...I don't get the 'I caught you a delicious bass' tagline; I'm sure it's a joke I missed. Someone please explain!

LOL...that's from Napolean Dynamite. Have you seen it yet?

singinmys0ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnkCosmo
LOL...that's from Napolean Dynamite. Have you seen it yet?

lmao..i think that made me love this site even more!
lol.gif

Chelsea

LOL. The delicious bass is just something we found funny
winks.gif
Specktra was a name suggested by the member bexx and we though it sounded cool and might stick in people's heads.. :p

singinmys0ng

also i was wondering..how did this website get started? and like do all the moderators and admin. all know eachother and stuff?

Janice

I guess it all goes back to soupsake needing to shut down her original MAC resource site for awhile. Then it became clear that there was no intent to bring the site back (as it once was). We (MUA ppl) had all respected her and her site immensely and it's loss was felt to all.

I had contacted soupsake asking to either purchase the site from her, or maintain the site as an archive so that all the valuble (to MAC addicts!) information would not be lost.

Chelsea was feeling the same, that the loss of soupsake was really devastating for MAC fans, and she also wanted to do something about it.

One night I saw Chelsea posting on MUA how someone else should start a new MAC resource and I IM'd her and was like "DUDE LETS DO IT". So the idea was born that we would collaborate on a resource site together and now you have specktra.

Chelsea and I were MUA buddies and that's how we knew each other, but she lives in Lethbridge, Alberta and I live in Kyle, TX so we have never met each other in person although we chat on the phone.

I don't know any of the mods personally except Jessica, who is my older sister. The rest of the ladies are souls that Chelsea and I grew to know and love after their participation on MUA/Specktra.

HTH!

singinmys0ng

lol thats so cool! Well i just want to let all you ladies know how much i love this site and how much info i have learned!! I'm glad you've made a site for makeup addicts like me! it helps the addiction so much
lol.gif

Juneplum

OMG what a cool story! I LOOOVEEEE SPECKTRA!!!!!! Thanks Janice and Chelsea for creating such a great forum!!! I really like that everyone here is very respectful of each other.. no one is mean or ill intentioned as i've seen on other forums... everyone here gives constructive criticism in a HELPUL and NOT BITCHY way which is so refreshing... no childish behavior, and everyone can speak their peace without being attacked! all ages and sexes coexist peacefully here MINUS the drama on other boards !!! (ok i'm done waxing poetic)
winks.gif

*hugs specktra admins and mods*
th_kiss.gif
th_worship.gif
thmbup.gif

mspixieears

No, I've not yet seen Napoleon Dynamite! It sounds like a hoot, my kind of hoot.

Specktra...interesting, I always thought it was similar to 'spectrum' as in the colour spectrum and thought, well, MAC's got an e/s for every colour under the sun so it was a fitting name.

You might've chosen the name randomly, but it works on many levels...serendipity...

It is a pretty nice board, I actually joined because I was seeking an alternative to MUA. Imagine, a year ago, I don't think I even owned any MAC and oh how this grasshopper has grown lol!

Bexx

hey all! thanks chelsea for the name drop! lmao! heee hee I feel soooo special for coming up with the name!
smiles.gif
(and that you gals chose it!) :p

BEXX
th_wink3.gif

Oonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
OMG what a cool story! I LOOOVEEEE SPECKTRA!!!!!! Thanks Janice and Chelsea for creating such a great forum!!! I really like that everyone here is very respectful of each other.. no one is mean or ill intentioned as i've seen on other forums... everyone here gives constructive criticism in a HELPUL and NOT BITCHY way which is so refreshing... no childish behavior, and everyone can speak their peace without being attacked! all ages and sexes coexist peacefully here MINUS the drama on other boards !!! (ok i'm done waxing poetic)
winks.gif

*hugs specktra admins and mods*
th_kiss.gif
th_worship.gif
thmbup.gif

I am just now seeing this but Juneplum expresses my sentiments exactly. I can honestly say that since joining Specktea I have spent over $700 o MAC.
lol.gif
I have learned a lot and enjoy this sharing place!

Shawna

Yeah, I'm really not very creative. My user name is Shawna because my name is Shawna. Of course, seconds after I created my account, I thought of lots of great names. Oh well, Shawna it is.

Alexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
Yeah, I'm really not very creative. My user name is Shawna because my name is Shawna. Of course, seconds after I created my account, I thought of lots of great names. Oh well, Shawna it is.

HA! same for me. i cannot pick out usernames if my life depended on it. my username on every forum i go to is Alexa
th_wiggle2.gif