Hurricane IKE-HOUSTON AAAHHH

clslvr6spd

Ladies be safe!!!! I'll be thinking of all of you!!!

Hilly, I hope your fish will be alright!!! I wouldn't want to leave my buddies either!

rbella

Hilly, I'm so glad to hear you left. I was really worried about you. Kemah is getting flooded already and I think you aren't too far.

It is impossible to get out of Galveston now. They are doing emergency evacuation from rooftops from the dumbasses that didn't evacuate. And, the freaking storm hasn't even made landfall.

This is kinda freaky. I stored my makeup in a high and dry place!!

Here is a link that I saw on the news that I thought was kinda interesting. You can scroll over your zip and it will tell you what to expect. Please be safe everyone!

http://www.houstonhidefromthewind.org/

Evey

shockt.gif
this storm is huge...

MACLovin

I really feel your pain girls.. hurricanes are NOT fun. I've been through lots of them.

Rbella, how close to the coast are you!? You're in Houston which is right in the 'cone of terror'.
ssad.gif
I hope you have a really sturdy home with shutters because Category 3 is no joke. Hurricane Wilma from 2005 was only a category 1, and it was baaad.

This was someone's screen patio roof from the lake (3 blocks away) that flew over and impaled itself on this tree..
shockt.gif
shockt.gif

Soooo yeah... all I'm sayin is - be safe!
yes.gif

NicksWifey

My thoughts & prayers are with all of you Specktra guys & gals from TX.
I've only been through one hurricaine and it was a category 2 when it hit us in Virginia. It was a complete nightmare and seriously, hell on earth. I don't think Isabel in 2003 can compare to Ike in 2008, but seriously guys, please be safe out there.

pumpkincat210

wow, Galveston is really flooded already. Not a drop of rain here yet though. The traffic is getting a little heavier, i think people are finally getting scared. Houston has bad drainage issues and lots of low lying areas, i'm getting nervous. It would be horrible to have to start over.

rbella

Thanks for all the well wishes. You ladies are so sweet. MacLovin-I'm about 50 miles from the coast. I live in an apartment inside the city. I'm on the second floor of a three story unit. I think we will be ok. Worst thing will be flooding and electrical issues. We are fully stocked with food and water to last us for about 2-3 weeks. We are blocking our windows with our mattresses and sleeping on the floor (with the lizard).

Hopefully all will be good. I'm actually freaking out about this. I normally don't but this keeps getting worse and worse. Galveston, Freeport and the Boliver Peninsula are already almost completely flooded. What the hell is going to happen when the storm hits.

Rbella is scared....

Willa

Yeah that's what is scary right now, it's that the storm hasnt hit yet
th_dunno.gif

Keep us in touch!

concertina

Austin's pretty damn windy right now....we went from sunny skies around noon to overcast and windy now at 3.

You ladies down south hold the hell on!!

MACLovin

Wow, there's really people on the news in Galveston having 'Hurricane Parties' in beach houses?? How STUPID can you be?! Just getting drunk and hanging out right in the storm's path. Not. Too. Smart. [shakes head in dismay]

Those houses are probably going to be GONE. unbelievable that people are so dumb and aren't taking this storm seriously. I wouldn't stick around the coast/beach in a category 1-2, so a 3 is just insanity.

MACATTAK

Quote:
We are blocking our windows with our mattresses and sleeping on the floor (with the lizard).

No matter what the situation, Rbella still adds her little touch! I seriously
bigheart.gif
you!

Stay safe everyone!! I'm thinking about you!

lizardprincesa

Dear rbella ( & all you sweet people ) we love you and
we are praying you will be alright.

Please let us know you are ok...

HeartVibes sent to you from us,
xxxxxxxxxCherylFaithxxxxxxxxx & Family

PS I hope that lizard will be ok, too. So he is your pet now, is he?

PPS Really loving you, girl. Be safe.

rbella

Hey all. thanks 4 well wishes. have no power, on cell. heavy winds just starting. will be long nite. hope everone is safe. i'll check in later... love u all!

Latest posts