Hurricane IKE-HOUSTON AAAHHH

nunu

I hope everyone is still safe.
th_hug.gif

M.A.C. head.

I really am keeping you all in my thoughts through this. It's such a crazy thing because there's nothing you can do to stop it. Just be strong, smart, and fast getting out of there; even if you're staying. If you're staying, truly, best of luck.

kimberlane

I hope everyone is okay and pray for the families it affects. We got a call at 7:30 this morning saying my boyfriend had to go to houston. He works on walmarts and apparently they need someone there today. Pisses me off, the weather is horrible last thing I heard it was still a hurricane but would eventually be a trpical storm, then just a storm. Going all the way through to Chicago. We live in Missouri, so he's gonna have to drive through it. Doesn't make sense with the storming, no power, basically no hotels, no places open from what I hear, and people being ordered to go home. Why the hell couldn't they wait til monday when some of the stuff had cleared. Freakin assholes.
angry.gif
Sorry for my rant. I am mad that he has to go down there. Again everyone is in my prayers.

Hilly

I am in Austin right now and the highway signs say not to go to Houston or Beaumont.

rbella

Just drove around & it's terrible. Really, really sad. I've never seen so much damage. We might go a long time without piwer.
ssad.gif

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Just drove around & it's terrible. Really, really sad. I've never seen so much damage. We might go a long time without piwer.
ssad.gif

I'm sorry, rbella.
ssad.gif
I definitely know the feeling. I hope you are stocked up with plenty of food and water. Having no power is a bitch.. after a couple days you kind of adapt a bit, but it still sucks.

Try to occupy your time so you don't go crazy with boredom.. we played lots of poker and scrabble by candlelight and just made the most of the crappy situation.
smiles.gif
Hang in there. I'm sure they are working really hard to try and get power back to residents. If you live close to a hospital or a police/fire station you will probably get your power back sooner than others because you'll be on the same power grid, and of course emergency services are top priority. When Wilma came through here, I was only without power for 3-4 days, while others nearby had to wait up to 2 weeks+, I was a few blocks from the PD and the hospital.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of TX!!
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif

rbella

^^^Thanks, Mac. And everone 4 well wishes. It is devastating, but the bright side is I was able to heat up some spaghetti-o's in the microwave my husband has rigged to the battery in our SUV. His cheapness has paid off!

lizardprincesa

Quote:
^^^Thanks, Mac. And everone 4 well wishes. It is devastating, but the bright side is I was able to heat up some spaghetti-o's in the microwave my husband has rigged to the battery in our SUV. His cheapness has paid off!

Hey angel...I can't imagine what you & other sweetie Specktrites are going through, but I am sooo happy to see you here.

Mr. lizardprincesa is Creative, like Mr. rbella,
so I imagine he would do similar
"rigging."

Oooh....I haven't eaten spaghetti-o's in soo long. :yearns:
winks.gif

I hope you enjoyed them.
smiles.gif

I am thinking of you & of everybody who's been effected...
I think people in Louisiana got hit, too? sigh...What a strange Time...

Tomorrow is supposed to be 86 degrees & Thundery, here North of NYC...& then a plunge into the 70s ? Strange...

D., I hope you soon have power again, that nobody you love is even inconvenienced, & that
you are soon taking a lovely hot shower/bath & eating your favorite yummies.

Thinking of all effected people, posters, as well as lurkers, &

sending you HeartVibes,

xxxxCherylFaithxxxx

coachkitten

Rbella, Hilly, and everyone else that is affected by this I am sending prayers your way. I can't imagine what you all are going through. Lots of love to you all!

MzzRach

rbella - bless you - even through all this, your sense of humour shines through.

Big love to you and the other texans here. I am so sorry you have had to go through this.

Hilly

Oh my gosh...my karma must have paid off in some odd way but a friend went to my apartment and it is OK! The fish are still alive and we have power. We bypassed some crazy business there. I am still in Austin and will be for another day or two (especially because of the having to boil water deal). Holler! I can visit the CCO! That's my way of making lemonaid outta lemons!

Danelle- can you believe downtown??? When I come back you are more then welcome to shack up at my place since we have electricity.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Oh my gosh...my karma must have paid off in some odd way but a friend went to my apartment and it is OK! The fish are still alive and we have power. We bypassed some crazy business there. I am still in Austin and will be for another day or two (especially because of the having to boil water deal). Holler! I can visit the CCO! That's my way of making lemonaid outta lemons!

Danelle- can you believe downtown??? When I come back you are more then welcome to shack up at my place since we have electricity.

SOOO happy for you Hilly! I was sad to hear that you had to leave your fish, but am so relieved to hear that they are ok! Knowing that everything is ok must be a HUGE weight off your mind.
smiles.gif

clslvr6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly

YAY!!! I am glad YOU & your fish are doing good!
winkiss.gif

I am soo sorry for all of you that are going through this hell!
grouphug2.gif

Susanne

I am watching the news every day to see what is going on in Texas. I have you all in my thoughts and hope for all of you there that you and your families are alright!

Susanne

Quote:
ssad.gif

Big hug!!
th_cheerup.gif

ExquisiteImages

Wishing you guys the best. I know exactly how it feels since I've been through it all during Katrina, staying after the hurricane for 4 days.

*hugs*

Miss QQ

Coming from a place where there is no earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes or the like, I'm deeply sadden to hear about what you at Texas and Houston have to go through. I can't even imagine hearing the winds and not having power supply.

My thoughts are with you.
th_cheerup.gif
*hugs* too