Hurricane IKE-HOUSTON AAAHHH

Evey

So who's evacuating? I live in kingwood but I'm not sure if I'm going to evacuate or not. According to the news this morning we're supposed to be out of electricity for 2 weeks! There's a 30 percent chance of hurricane force winds in my area...110mph winds that's ridiculous. Plus lots of rain....I'm not sure if I should be running for it. LOL!

hilly!!! you stayin?

pumpkincat210

I'm in Katy and riding out the storm. So far its nice and sunny outside, lol. I am a little nervous though. I don't want anything broken or to lose water and power and THE INTERNET!
I can't believe that the storm surge is coming in so soon and it's not even the real "surge". I hope it passes fast!

Evey

I KNOW!!! I was watching the news this morning and the water was over the roads in some areas...and water was already hitting the sea wall in galveston. CRAZY....I feel so bad for those people that live on the coast.

MACLovin

Oh no!! I hope you Texas gals are going to be ok!!

This one almost hit us directly, but somehow it got pushed downward. We really dodged a bad one.. I thought we were really gonna get it. But the hurricane season isn't over yet and I don't think we are going to get as lucky this year as we have the past 3.

Anyhow, be careful, girls! Lock your MAC in an impact/water-resistant safe! lol

rbella

I'm in downtown area, but we aren't leaving. Where did you hear you'd be without electricity for 2 wks? We haven't lost power yet?

Galveston/Kemah are becoming immobilized b/c of high water from outer bands of storm wind. Not even the surge yet. Scary.

urbanlilyfairy

good luck ladies ..i really hope it doesnt turn out crazy flooding like katrina ..Im from new orelans ..and my family was not able to get back to N.O. to even check on their homes till about 2 weeks after ..and then everyone that rode out the storm was misreable ..without power, running water..food..and all that ...so if you are riding it out ..get supplied ..i know its getting kind of late ..but have enough water, food, and supplies for a few weeks just in case ..and those camping stoves you could cook on and lanters and all that ..you never know ..Be safe ..but if it was me ..Id just evacuate !

Evey

thanks sweetie! but these people are crazy a gallon of water cost $$$8.99!!!!!! i was like FUK THAT...i'll just boil some water in pots. LOL! I hope we don't flood that bad. I think Galveston will be getting the worst of it though. They're expecting homes in galveston to be under water. That's just scary cuz most of those houses are up on stands....

Hilly

Yo! I live in Clear Lake which is a mandatory evac zone. Im so sad for my stuff! Especially my fish who are in a saltwater tank.

So what did I grab? My two traincases, my cat, and my 2 dolls from when i was a kid.

I love how makeup was the priority, but i left my damn brushes! hahah

I went to Haley's house in Rice Village, we then went to her Sister's in Cypress and now we are going to Austin.

Good luck everyone!! Be safe and wear waterproof makeup!

Evey

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlilyfairy
good luck ladies ..i really hope it doesnt turn out crazy flooding like katrina ..Im from new orelans ..and my family was not able to get back to N.O. to even check on their homes till about 2 weeks after ..and then everyone that rode out the storm was misreable ..without power, running water..food..and all that ...so if you are riding it out ..get supplied ..i know its getting kind of late ..but have enough water, food, and supplies for a few weeks just in case ..and those camping stoves you could cook on and lanters and all that ..you never know ..Be safe ..but if it was me ..Id just evacuate !

I hope it's not as bad as Katrina...supposedly the area Ike is showing is bigger than Katrina! but one of the reasons Louisianna flooded so bad is because it's like a big bowl so water collected pretty quickly...I hope that's not the case here. That would be devastating.
thmbdn.gif

Hilly

Are you watching the news? Galveston looks like it has geysers and shit. Being the animal fanatic that I am, I am worried for the all homeless animals (and people too of course)

Evey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Are you watching the news? Galveston looks like it has geysers and shit. Being the animal fanatic that I am, I am worried for the all homeless animals (and people too of course)

DUDE THAT'S SCARY!!!! Are you staying in or are you leaving?

Evey

lol GOOD! Stay safe!

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN HURRICANE IKE IS COMING!!!! WUTS LOVE GOT TO DO WIT IT?

just a lil humor there...haha

pumpkincat210

I can't believe how big the storm is. It looks like its going to last a long time, ugh. The good thing is that it has strengthened since last night. The clouds are moving in and its getting a little windy though!

esmeralda89

im scared i live 2 hrs away from houston i hope that we'll be ok but im really scared bc the hurracane looks soo big
ssad.gif

Evey

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmeralda89
im scared i live 2 hrs away from houston i hope that we'll be ok but im really scared bc the hurracane looks soo big
ssad.gif

you should be alright sweetheart. Looks like Houston is really gonna get pounded though....

thelove4tequila

Good luck and stay safe for all you Texas peeps! Texas now has a special place in my heart now that I'm moving there. I hope everything turns out okay.

Latest posts