I almost died from heart failure

purrtykitty

Wow, that is very scary, but I'm glad to hear you pulled through. You are so strong! You are in my thoughts and prayers and I wish you a speedy recovery.
th_hug.gif

M.A.C. head.

Wow! I'm sorry you're going through all of this, but you're STILL HERE and that makes it worth all of it. Always keep that in mind. Stay strong and let your family know how much you love and appreciate them daily.

MACATTAK

That's a lot to go through, and I'm really glad you pulled through! Hope that you recover quickly, hugs to you!

Babylard

aww wow you guys are so sweet! ionly wrote that late last night and look at all the supportive comments!

my condition is extremely rare. it gets you like a flu, but it acts very fast. i forgot what it was called, but it starts with an M. tomorrow I go back to the hospital for clinic, so I will remember to ask my VAD nurse.

we are hoping my recovery goes like this:
in 2-3 months, my heart will recover, flush the virus away, and the swelling will go away. i will be stronger and well again, so the doctors can take me in for surgery and remove the heart pump. if not, i will need a heart transplant, which im horribly afraid for.

about my left leg and foot, i had bloodclots removed from it and an echmo machine (i was connected to tonnns of machines. while i was in the OR, the nurse left the room and left the door open so my dad ran in and he was horrified by all the machines i was connected too... from what i was told). i also have water retension and my leg just couldnt handle all of it and got nerve compression i guess. im going to get physiotherapy for that and i was told it will go away over time. i am taking a pill for the numbness too i think. movement has gotten better. i couldnt even wiggle my toe and move my foot up and down.

burnaby hospital is quite slow. i went to the ER and had to wait a while and we sat around A LOT for a longg time. i wasnt considered critical until i passed out and the nurses rushed me somewhere and my mom called home and told my dad its getting serious. then my dad came to my mom and a nurse came out and told them that i was Very Sick. i think thats how it began.

i listen to stories my family, cousin, friends etc tell me so i can fill in the gaps between when i fainted and when i woke up.

i am thankful for everyone's prayers and wishes for my recovery. i love you guys! i am soo glad i am able to get back onto specktra. i am soo behind on the MAC collections. the great thing about being a cripple is all the support i get. i had noo idea so many people cared.

thanks again you guys <3

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
aww wow you guys are so sweet! ionly wrote that late last night and look at all the supportive comments!

my condition is extremely rare. it gets you like a flu, but it acts very fast. i forgot what it was called, but it starts with an M. tomorrow I go back to the hospital for clinic, so I will remember to ask my VAD nurse.

we are hoping my recovery goes like this:
in 2-3 months, my heart will recover, flush the virus away, and the swelling will go away. i will be stronger and well again, so the doctors can take me in for surgery and remove the heart pump. if not, i will need a heart transplant, which im horribly afraid for.

about my left leg and foot, i had bloodclots removed from it and an echmo machine (i was connected to tonnns of machines. while i was in the OR, the nurse left the room and left the door open so my dad ran in and he was horrified by all the machines i was connected too... from what i was told). i also have water retension and my leg just couldnt handle all of it and got nerve compression i guess. im going to get physiotherapy for that and i was told it will go away over time. i am taking a pill for the numbness too i think. movement has gotten better. i couldnt even wiggle my toe and move my foot up and down.

burnaby hospital is quite slow. i went to the ER and had to wait a while and we sat around A LOT for a longg time. i wasnt considered critical until i passed out and the nurses rushed me somewhere and my mom called home and told my dad its getting serious. then my dad came to my mom and a nurse came out and told them that i was Very Sick. i think thats how it began.

i listen to stories my family, cousin, friends etc tell me so i can fill in the gaps between when i fainted and when i woke up.

i am thankful for everyone's prayers and wishes for my recovery. i love you guys! i am soo glad i am able to get back onto specktra. i am soo behind on the MAC collections. the great thing about being a cripple is all the support i get. i had noo idea so many people cared.

thanks again you guys <3

It wasn't MRSA, (Methicillin Resistant Staph-Aureus), was it?? (then again, you said your conditon was rare, and MRSA isn't exactly 'rare' anymore). VERRRY dangerous infection which can stay in your system...A very big problem in hospitals, and health-care facilities where there's a lot of Biological hazards, (ie; human waste, etc.) and people's immune systems are 'down'. See if you can find out.

Hope you're feeling better every day.
th_cheerup.gif

Bootyliciousx

I am so sorry you had go through that, it must have been scary. I am glad you are safe and I hope & pray that you return to full health. We are all here for you.

Babylard

thank you again for all your support.

heres an update
smiles.gif

i went to my first weekly clinic at the hospital yesterday and asked my VAD nurse what i have. she called it lymphocytic myocarditis and said its rare and very unknown because they arent sure what the virus is, how it infects people, who it targets, and whatnot. for that reason, i also gave permission for my heart tissue to be used for research.

the VAD has been on the news for quite a bit. if you hear about a 19 year old that had a severe case, that would be me X_x i had my birthday at the hospital so im 20 now

my foot is less puffy/swollen today YAY

Obreathemykiss

I am so sorry to hear how ill you are. My thoughts are with you and your family! I can't believe how life can be taken so easily...and given right back. Someone was def. on your side! I hope you have a speedy recovery, get well soon! We're all thinking about you!

Krasevayadancer

Anna, your story just brought tears to my eyes. So sorry to hear about your ordeal
ssad.gif
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, you are in my thoughts.

almmaaa

I'm sorry to hear what you went thru. I too have a heart problem I know what its like being sick and being short of breath. I will pray for you dont worry God willing youre leg will get back to normal and hopefully they can do something else to help your left ventricle. You have to use the batteries forever? Or until theres a new device they can put in?
Good luck

k.a.t

Oh wow, that must've been really scary for you and your family to go through
ssad.gif
i'm sorry you had to go through this, but you're ok now and that's what matters
smiles.gif
I hope you make a quick recovery, all the best xx

LOCa

I Will Keep You In My Prayers.. My Ex's Sister Had Something Like That, Awful..

Mo6ius

I'm so sorry to hear what has happened to you. Wishing you all the best. Get well soon!