I almost died from heart failure

Ms. Z

Oh honey, I feel so bad for you. Please don’t refer to yourself as a cripple. I wish you a quick recovery, happiness & everything good this world has to offer. I am glad that you are able to join us again, Welcome Back! xoxo

Babylard

thanks everyone for your support. it makes me smile whenever i revisit this thread.

the batteries are not forever. every 2 weeks i have an echo (ultrasound of the heart) and it reveals how my heart is recovering. as i get stronger and my heart hopefully heals, they will be able to remvoe the heart pump (VAD) out of my chest and i will be back to normal. if not, i need a transplant. the batteries are a mobile way for my heart pump to run on while i can move around. i can switch between batteries and the base unit computer. the base unit computer is plugged into the wall, so it never runs out of power. i hope that answers your question
smiles.gif

User93

im glad to hear you feel at least a little better, and thats great you are letting us know whats going on! Keep us updated please.. See, anytime you feel lonely specktra is here for you
th_cheerup.gif
yesmaster.gif

nunu

I am so glad you posted the update and i am glad that you are getting better! I hope you recover fully soon!

little teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
It wasn't MRSA, (Methicillin Resistant Staph-Aureus), was it?? (then again, you said your conditon was rare, and MRSA isn't exactly 'rare' anymore). VERRRY dangerous infection which can stay in your system...A very big problem in hospitals, and health-care facilities where there's a lot of Biological hazards, (ie; human waste, etc.) and people's immune systems are 'down'. See if you can find out.

Hope you're feeling better every day.
th_cheerup.gif

my dad had MRSA when he was in the hospital, everyone that went in his room had to wear gloves and gowns. he was in the hospital for seven months and died of renal failure and sepsis shock

Vlada

Good God, you've been through an immense trial. I wish you all the best in your recovery - you've survived the improbable and that is a beautiful miracle of life itself
smiles.gif

My sincere and best wishes!

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by little teaser
my dad had MRSA when he was in the hospital, everyone that went in his room had to wear gloves and gowns. he was in the hospital for seven months and died of renal failure and sepsis shock

Wow. I am very sorry to hear that...Once in a while, MRSA will 'get to' someone badly like that (in the case of your Dad). Many times, though, it just kinda' stays in the system...waiting to be transferred to yet another person.

I'm really sorry you and your family had to go through that.

drenewt

What a scary thing! I'm glad you made it through. I guess these things make us stronger right?

Babylard

little teaser, im sorry to hear that
ssad.gif

well on friday i went for another echo to see how my heart is doing. we ended up lowing m y pump speed so that it makes my left ventricle work a little more. we are hoping that we can keep lowering the pump speed so that my heart will recover and work normally again. however, i've been puking soo much since saturday and i went for blood work today. im on warfarin, which makes the blood thin. if my blood is too thin, i wont stop bleeding if i have an open wound. i once had an 8 hour nose bleed in the hospital. it was horrible
ssad.gif
and if my blood is too thick, i can get blood clots.

so yeah i need to vent about this guy i USED to like. he told me that carrying around batteries on a date is a turn off. ARGH! >:[ he made me feel sooo bad when he told me i could barely walk blah blah. i can walk now, god dammit! maybe not very fast and far.. but i can walk... my left leg/foot is healing. the swelling on my foot is almost gone.

im losing so much weight, its terrible. im 105lbs this morning when before i got sick i was 115lbs. its ridiculous how bad in shape i am.

i started physiotherapy on friday becasue i need to get as strong as i can to survive my 2nd surgery. im soo scared for it. i didnt know about the first surgery, so when i woke up, i already passed it. however, knowing about the next surgery is so much more frightening.

almmaaa

Good luck on your next surgery but what is it for again? If I were you I wouldnt worry about that guy because their are many more and you know he dosent care about you to say that and If I were you I would concentrate in getting better instead of worrying about guys or what they think God willing you will have all your life to date and do this and that have faith.

Babylard

my second surgery wont be for a while. i have a mechanical pump in my chest that needs to be removed once im stronger and my heart has recovered. i feel like its a very risky operation and it scaress meee.. so many things can go wrong

i hope that answers your question almmaaa
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

I'm so glad that you made it! That is a serious illness obviously. I hope you regain function in your foot. It hasn't been that long since surgery so there will be lots of recovery for you. Stay well and stay positive! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

ellienellie

Oh dear Lord.

You have been through SO much, and SO young too.
You must rest, relax and -- get well soon.

You are In our thoughts and prayers x

TamEva Le Fay

drinkup.gif
th_welcomeback2.png
drinks.gif

Here's to you - for showin' 'em who's boss!
thmbup.gif

I guess it didn't realize who they were messin' with!

You are the greatest inspiration to us all - thank you for sharing your story with us. You are an amazing young woman and it's such an honor to share this forum with you!

Sending you Fairy Dust and Healing Thoughts to get you back to where you need to be. You're work here in this world has only just begun!
th_thstars.gif

Don't you worry about missing out on a few MAC features lately...there's plenty more where they came from!
yes.gif

And...HAPPY BE-LATED BIRTHDAY!!!

nanaparty.gif

rasta.gif
happybirthday.gif
party.gif

Babylard

HELLOOoooo everybody! It's been a long time since I've been back on Specktra. I just don't have my own computer while staying in Vancouver.

I bring you good news! In June, I had my second surgery to remove the heartpump and I am currently recovering. My ribcage is still painful, because they had to cut down the middle of my chest and under my left boob through the ribcage to take the pump out. If my next echo (ultrasound) checks out okay, I can go back to Winnipeg to study and resume life. My greatest set back is probably that my body is so weak now. I'm not sure if I can handle a full time student course load *sigh* and not to mention my hideous surgical scars....

Anyhow, I've been enjoying the new MAC collections. Sick people don't have to look sick =) Hopefully, I can roam around Specktra more often when I go back to Winnipeg.

Happy MAC-ing!
<3 Anna

User49

That's a really moving story. I hope that you feel better soon and have a speedy recovery. You will by the sounds of it - your a fighter!! :0)

almmaaa

Anna, that is such great news thank God!!! Please the scars are you least worry. Whoever loves you will love you for you not your scars dont think about that now take care and dont worry time is all we have. TTYL

Latest posts