I need to loose 30 pounds.

Holy Rapture

I'm offering a different perspective here
smiles.gif
I can vouch for it cause I've successfully lost and maintained 22 pounds in the last 8 months!! Start drinking water .... Start slow, if you find it difficult, start with a sipper .... Gradually (over weeks) build up the momentum .... The ultimate goal is to down about 6 litres of water per day. I know, it sounds huge but trust me, I've never been healthier, happier and had this glow before
smiles.gif
Also, peeing frequently might seem like the downside of it, but actually it's the opposite cause all the toxins get flushed out all that time and you end up with amazing health!

darkorchid

Hehe what a timely thread. My boyfriend just joined our local gym to get back into shape and I have been using his complimentary 2 week pass thing and going with him,. Normally I abhor exercise, especially boring things like the treadmill, but I've found it really enjoyable. Especially the fact that we are doing something together, like I am on the tread mill and I can see him yonder doing weights
smiles.gif

I used to be hardcore into poledancing (try it, it's awesome and fun) and was in the best shape of my life a year or so ago, then of course came the happy comfortable relationship, and with that a bigger belly and thighs
ssad.gif
So I'm aiming that increasing my cardio will help burn off that fat and help my confidence to get back to practicing pole
smiles.gif

I'm also trying to eat more meals, but I find that I have used them all up around 5pm?? Like, if you aim for 5-6 small meals a day, should you only have dinner left by that time? Strange question I know haha...

TISH1124

I personally have lost 20 lbs in the last 3 months....so I am pretty much where I need to be with some extra toning that needs to be done....But it is a lifestyle change for me so I know I have to keep at it everyday

As far as the eating small meals...I normally cut off all eating by 8pm....The only think I have after that is water w/ crystal light packets or plain water, crushed ice with lemon/lime (sometimes I just crave crunchy)

I eat around the following times...I normally try to eat at least 5 times a day even if I am not hungry...You will eat less this way because you are generally not hungry so you will only eat what you really can....If you wait to eat when you are hungry you will overeat

I drink a full bottle of water before ever meal...

Breakfast 7:30 - 8:30
Snack 10:30 - 11:00
Lunch 1:00 - 2:00
Snack 4:00 - 4:30
Dinner 6:00- 7:00

Snack if still hungry or must have something sweet not later than 8pm

My snacks are normally one of the following....
Sugar Free Popsicles (love)
1 cup Fresh Veggies w/Fat free Dressing
1 cup Fresh Fruit
1/2 cup almonds
Protein Shake with Frozen or Fresh Fruit
1 Dannon Light

For Lunch I normally have
Chicken salad w/ Fat free dressing
Steamed vegetables w/ chicken or Turkey
Turkey sandwich no bread...wrapped in lettuce with tomato, mustard
Turkey Burger no bun

I try to have Protein for dinner...Chicken, Fish, Turkey, with Green beans, salad, cabbage, zucchini...anything green is normally good for you (WW tip)

I started out brisk walking and I would try to run for as much as I could in the middle...1st day it was like 1 minute literally...everyday I increased the time...until I was able to run the entire time.

I rotate my cardio so not to get bored...
I swim, ride my bike, run, brisk walk and Wii Fit
I do weights 4x a week...upper 2 days ...lower 2days

It takes commitment but you can do it...Once you have lost the weight...maintaining is far easier....

CherryAcid

TISH you are my inspiration!! You have done incredibly well to lose the weight and your plan doesnt sound bad at all, i think its time i do my food shopping tomorrow
smiles.gif

TISH1124

^^ it really works...I am over 40 and my metabolism is slow as hell...but it has worked so well for me...Ladies get in shape before 40 it's so hard after that
smiles.gif
Seriously

I still call on people though...Shimmer..I will email her in a heart beat...Screaming...My legs are getting too much muscle what do i need to switch up...It is trial and error...

Lunges Lunges Lunges

Okami08

Whoops! Mistyped! I meant to say three!

Losing twenty lbs in three months is amazing - I think if I tried to lose that much weight, it would take me at least a year! And that you did it when you're over 40 (and I've seen both my mom and my fiance's mom struggle with the drop in their metabolisms) - you're incredible!

TISH1124

I believe in Weight watchers...they really teach you portion control...My Mom lost 60 lbs in a year doing WW...so I try to peep in the books all the time. My dh hates that I take them with me everytime we go out to eat...lol

Boasorte

I'm jealous of you Trish, I need to lose about 20lbs by August, don't think it's possible but I'm gunning for it <3

TISH1124

it is possible....You can do it...My Husband told me....Put as much effort into your diet and body as you do into your MAC...Wowww..that hit me like a ton of bricks!! He was so right!

TISH1124

Alexa...I am so proud of you!! I can't wait to see your daily meals...Pm them to me everyday....Everything you put in your mouth...write it down!!

Orbit gum is your friend...I swear it helps

blindpassion

hahaha! you're so supportive tish thaknyou so much
smiles.gif

I definitely will!
I am meeting with my personal trainer tomorrow, and we will be meeting twice a week for work outs. And then I can do my own workouts the other days
smiles.gif

christineeee_

today was my last day of school and i promised myself that i would start working out hardcore and cutting out junk from my diet. i've gained about 20 lbs in the past 2 yrs and i want to lose it. it's just so hard because i get so tired after every meal and i have no motivation to work out. it also doesn't help that my mom fries everything.

i went to get an elliptical with my dad the other day and we're gonna go pick it up on friday or saturday so i'm excited for that because ellipticals are fun and work out the whole body. we already have a treadmill but i find it boring even though it's in front of the tv. i used to do HIIT on the treadmill 2 yrs ago and i lost weight, but i can't bring myself to do it again. the treadmill is hard on the knees so i will wait til we pick up the elliptical. i plan on using it everyday for at least an hour.

i need to change my eating habits too. i need to cut out junk food and add in more fruits and vegetables. i also need to start controlling my portion sizes.

i just need motivation lol.

TISH1124

Please don't take this offensively....But I find that if I am super tired after eating...I have either over ate or the food that I had was too heavy like breads, starches, fried meats. That is why I try to eat my heaviest meal early in the day...My lunch is most times much higher in cals than my dinner.

We all need motivation....I swear I would be a whale if I didn't have a support system.

blindpassion

Well lets do it hun!

My plans are something along the lines of, working out an hour everyday (cardio) as well as combining some weight training in there at the advice of my trainer.

And tish is right, if you're tired after a meal, it generally means you've eaten too much or you've eaten the wrong things. I dont meant that in an offensive way at all. We're all here to help each other!

blindpassion

I also want to do some work out classes as well, maybe pilates and that pole thing that shimmer does once I loose some weight.

TISH1124

I know....I want to do the pole too...I keep promising Shimmer I am coming...I think I am ready now....I was too embarressed to get my fat ass up there before....I might have pulled the whole pole down!

blindpassion

Hahaha! no way Tish, you're tiny.

But yeah, as soon as I build up my confidence I would love to do something like that. Ive heard it makes you feel really sexy!