I need to loose 30 pounds.

blindpassion

Totally!
smiles.gif

Its interesting having yourself eat 5 small meals a day instead of 3 large ones. Its going to be interesting to watch the differences in my body and mood. That work out today killed me, Im already ready for bed! and its not even 9.

blindpassion

Hows your healthy lifestyle going as of recent hun?
smiles.gif
Its always good to hear stories of people who are succeeding!

TISH1124

it is such a habit for me it just never changes...Although I didn't get in as many meals today I was running errands so much

I went to the gym with my dh we had Spin Class this morning

Breakfast : banana
Lunch: Fibre One Bar
Dinner: I had Grilled chicken with Salsa wrapped in a Whole wheat Pita, bowl of cantalope
Snack : skipped
Snack Skipped

So not a good eating day for me

TISH1124

But you have me thinking about Chili now..I may make Turkey chlli tomorrow for me and the my guys

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
it is such a habit for me it just never changes...Although I didn't get in as many meals today I was running errands so much

I went to the gym with my dh we had Spin Class this morning

Breakfast : banana
Lunch: Fibre One Bar
Dinner: I had Grilled chicken with Salsa wrapped in a Whole wheat Pita, bowl of cantalope
Snack : skipped
Snack Skipped

So not a good eating day for me

If they have Elevate Me! bars near you, you should check them out! They have a ton of protein and are a fantastic meal replacement. They fill you up quite nicely too between meals
smiles.gif

TISH1124

I will have to look I have never heard of those...But I grocery shop tomorrow so I will look for it

blindpassion

I feel a bit like a contestant on the biggest loser. My body is SO sore haha. I always wondered if those people were just being complainers but they totally arent - my body is dead. But its good to know that it's progress
smiles.gif

MACLovin

Good for you for actually doing something about it! I'm in the same boat. I could stand to lose about 25-30 lbs. I can lose weight so easily I just get lazy.
ssad.gif
It goes quickly, but it also can pile on quickly if I don't watch myself.

As of now, I'm trying to cut out sugar and as many carbs as possible. I can't be unrealistic and say I'm going to stop cold turkey because I'll drive myself nuts. So.. last night I did make a burger for dinner (that's all I had in the fridge), but no bun! haha.. and a huuge plate of salad. I felt so much better afterward than if i would have eaten a bun, and had fries and what not. I did pick a few off my bf's plate, but none on mine!
tong.gif

Baby steps I guess.

But I did start doing some workouts on my OnDemand cable thingy. They have some good ones! The one I did a couple days ago was killer! my legs and butt are still recovering from all those lunges. feels good though.

I'm gonna try to keep up with this thread because I sure as hell could use some support and a swift kick in the butt if I start slacking.

Best of luck to everyone who's trying to drop the lbs! I know its hard, but completely attainable. I'm totally determined this time.. I usually start to get momentum but once i lose a few I fall off and then get frustrated with myself. So yeah, one day at a time... I AM GONNA DO THIS, DAMN IT!
getyou.gif

blindpassion

^^ You can do it! Sometimes things get built up in our head and seem impossible. But once you get going on them you'll realize that they aren't impossible.
smiles.gif
I'm on day 4 of my new lifestyle and I feel wonderful. I'm eating what I should be, I eat often but healthy and small portions
smiles.gif

blindpassion

My personal trainer gave me the most intense thigh workout of my entire life.

She gets me to sit on a bench and then lift one leg in the air, and lift my entire body into a standing position using only that one leg on the ground - no arms.

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion

She gets me to sit on a bench and then lift one leg in the air, and lift my entire body into a standing position using only that one leg on the ground - no arms.

Wow.. I just tried this, I can definitely feel it in my thighs and butt! Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna do more of these.
greengrin.gif
But I may wait another day or so because like I said those lunges killed me.. it was like, hold for 4 seconds, jump and switch legs, then 2 second reps, then 1 second! it was like doing lunge jumping jacks!
thud.gif
But I like the pain afterward.. makes me feel like I actually accomplished something, hehe.

While I'm at it.. here are a few links I can contribute if anyone is interested. I get these daily e-diets and Health.com emails and sometimes they have really good tips or exercise moves! Just a few I got today...

30 Fast, New Fat-Burners - Burn, baby, burn! - Health.com - slideshow with some helpful tips
smiles.gif

Feel Great Weight - Diet & Weight Loss - Health.com - has a downloadable PDF with shopping lists, meal ideas, etc.

Tone and Tighten With a 30-Minute Strength Program - Alternating overhead squat - Health.com - 30 min strength workout from above diet plan^

Adrastea

I'm going through something similar. I lost all my excess weight last year and was to the point that I was healthy and active.
Then I went with my boyfriend to Nebraska.
Do you know what's in Nebraska?
Yeah. Me neither.
Aside from flatlands and bad music there isn't anything. So to cure the boredom that prevailed for three months, I baked and cooked as a hobby.
And I ate everything I made. And it was too cold to go out and exercise.
So now I'm back in California trying to loose the 20 lbs I brought back as a souvenir, except now I'm chronically ill so rigorous exercise is out of the question and I'm a stress eater. So what's a girl to do eh?

Adrastea

As an addendum to all the junk I just said, I've been using Arbonne's Figure 8 Go Easy Shake Mix. Since I'm a rep, I can buy it from myself and it seems to curb my cravings pretty well, but it doesn't taste as delicious as Slimfast.
lolz

Boasorte

If I can only afford a gym membership...
ssad.gif

oh can anyone reccomend a good, but cheap sports bra? I am a 36DD and I find it hard to buy one, I can't jog/power walk with a normal bra b/c they bounce everywhere unless I wear 2!!!

TISH1124

I love the sports bras in Walmart that snap in the front...they are so comfy.....Try going to your local Y...my membership is like $15 a month there

here is the walmart sports bra...it is super comfy for the full girly chest...

I think you go up a size like if you wear a 36DD you get a 38 but try them on first .........Walmart.com: Bestform - Women's Plus Sports Bra: Women

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion

Check out Turkish Getups (I LOVE kettlebells): YouTube - Kettlebell Workouts and Exercises : How to go a Turkish Get Up Exercise with Kettlebells

You can do with it with a regular weight if you don't have kettlebells.

Latest posts