I paid on VALENTINES !!!

milamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^^ Don't worry...most of us were speaking of it as a term of endearment...not entitlement...

sorry guys, i misread lol.

Shanti

I hate stingy guys.
When guys don't offer to pay for me on a date, it's an immediate turn-off.
I also believe that men should be providers.
That said, women should be able to take care of themselves, but if you got a man he best be someone who can actually offer more than just "feelings" and stuff lolol.
Sorry that happened to you Pascal.. x_X he seriously shouldn't have texted you last minute like that; he should've let you know more in advance if he was broke. BS man. He's such a loser.

cupcake_x

I think it's wrong that he specifically said he'd treat and then didn't.

I think couples should split the bill or take turns paying. We live in a modern world now- yes, I still like it when my boyfriend holds open the door for me, but I don't expect him to buy me everything and pay for dinner and a movie and flowers and the whole date. Sometimes I'll pay, sometimes he'll pay, sometimes I will pay for the movie and he gets dinner, or I pay for dinner and he pays for gas. I think it's silly to assume the man will pay.

I've also noticed a few times that when sometimes men pay (some, not all or even most), they feel they have more control or that you owe them something. And usually they expect you to pay them back sexually or in some other bogus way.

I think both people should provide in some way or another, not one person be the provider of everything.

NutMeg

In response to the queen or princess idea... My bf asked me to be his gutter punk queen the other day. Now that's my idea of romantic.