Identifying fake MAC Pigments ***Guide with photos***

MACATTAK

Sure! You're welcome! Unfortunately a lot of us on here have learned the hard way & purchased fakes. I'm always happy to help!

1165Cheryl

The night light looks fine/authentic, I have 2 jars of it and they both have the name on 2 lines and are A16. I got both of these from MAC. Hope this helps
smiles.gif

Xqueeze_me

Little bit slow here to reply.. I just kinda woke up and it's almost dinner time. :|

Anywho, I don't believe Night Light has been faked YET so you're safe there, winterwonder.
winks.gif

winterwonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Little bit slow here to reply.. I just kinda woke up and it's almost dinner time. :|

Anywho, I don't believe Night Light has been faked YET so you're safe there, winterwonder.
winks.gif

Oh awesome, thanks for that!
thmbup.gif

Lucky1288

Not sure if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if the pigment vials (the ones from the holiday sets) have been faked yet. I have bought a bunch from a seller from here in Canada, and they seem very authentic to me, I've compared them to my friends who bought them from the MAC store and they're pretty much identical. Just want to make sure they're real.

shellyshells

Anyone have any info on the older pigment jars? I bought a super old discontinued piggie and I have no idea whether its genuine or not....

I've read the info on the beginning of the thread but not the whole thing and some things check out. Although the label on the bottom of the jar is black w/white lettering. Er, I'm confused! I'm crossing my fingers that it's genuine but has an old/different sticker on the bottom.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyshells
Anyone have any info on the older pigment jars? I bought a super old discontinued piggie and I have no idea whether its genuine or not....

I've read the info on the beginning of the thread but not the whole thing and some things check out. Although the label on the bottom of the jar is black w/white lettering. Er, I'm confused! I'm crossing my fingers that it's genuine but has an old/different sticker on the bottom.

It would help if you could take some pictures of your discontinued piggie. What piggie is it?

As far as I know, the comparison/Post #1 in the thread is the oldest fake that I know of. Ugliest too!

Glitters and metal pigments come with black labels under the jars from what I've seen. PRO pigments come with a see-through label (clear and not frosty) but sometimes they re-promote PRO pigments in LE collection, that's why it comes in a silver label. Silver labels from Pro Stores are regular pigments.

panda0410

^^ some of the really older pro pigment came with large silver stickers on the base a well. they dont look anything like the new silver stickers on regular colours, these sticker had writing on top and bottom halves of the sticker. My original bright coral had this sort of sticker and I've had a steel blue from very old stock with the same sticker.
Some of the older glitters came with black and white stickers as well, and I think the tan sticker posted in one of these threads was also black and white and I have a feeling it was authentic - it had a 5 digit batch code which was used in older coding for all mac products.

we would definitely need a pic to see so please post one if you can, and name the color of the pigment
winks.gif

Catatonia

I wish I saw this before being stupid enough and buying fake ones on ebay. Thanks for detailed explanation, it's really informative and helps a lot.

Julie5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
I'm afraid I have to report that I have received fake pigments from yet another seller on the 'recommended' list.
ssad.gif

This morning I received Deep Blue Green and Chartreuse from naomidrive in the US. The Deep Blue Green is exactly the same as those being reported on here recently. The Chartreuse is a lovely colour, but I fear is not the same as others have described the genuine Chartreuse to be. This has the code AB4 on the translucent sticker on the bottom of the jar, and on the barcode sticker on the bottom of the box (which marks easily) but has the dot matrix A76 on the back of the box.

I have one just like that the Chartreuse so dows that mean it is fake????

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie5
I have one just like that the Chartreuse so dows that mean it is fake????

Here is the link to: Fake Chartreuse

iamadreamer (Thanks!) bought a fake Chartreuse and fortunately has an authentic MAC Chartreuse to compare.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalCat
I bought 2 pigments at ebay shop of kasi*s_korner. Do you know it? The pigment grape has a label which looks like tesa and the top of the pigment is shiny and not matte. I fear that I have bought fakes.

Hey MetalCat, it would be helpful if you could take pictures.. Or if you need a clearer comparison, go to --------> http://specktra.net/f257/fake-deep-p...nalysis-94038/

Let us know what else you've found out!