Illamasqua Discussion

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I got a bunch of Illamasqua products! I'll put up pictures of everything in the swatch thread soon but it may take a few days. There's items including cream foundation, eyeshadows, nail polishes, brushes, lip glosses, lipsticks, mascara, brow powder, eyelashes....I'll let you know when I post it up.
smiles.gif

Looking forward to your pictures and swatches!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I am actually really liking the cream foundation. Only gripe regarding packaging is yes it's a lil' bulky and I find the compacts a tad hard to open, I have to use my nail which I hate.
ssad.gif

Oh no! I hate to be forced to use my nails to open compacts too. I sold a benefit browzings just because I was tired of either stabbing my hand with the nail file or breaking a nail while trying to open the compact.
ssad.gif

Tahti

Hmmm, I got the Cream Foundation a while back and I'm not really happy with it ;/ any tips on applying it? I've tried warming it up, using loads of primer, no primer, different brushes, sponges, and without fail it sinks into my pores and makes my face look gross and patchy. At the counter when the MA applied it it look amaaaazing, I just can't seem to get the effect! ;(

user79

Tahti:

I'm not sure what the problem could be, maybe it just doesn't work for your skin type or your chemistry. I used the Illamasqua blush brush to apply it actually - it's sort of similar to the MAC 109 but I actually like the Illamasqua one better as it doesn't shed and it's synthetic. I'm not sure, it just applied wonderfully on me with hardly any effort, I sort of buffed it in circular motions. Maybe even try it with a small kabuki brush or a dense blush brush to apply it. It went on really smoothly and I just looked in the mirror and it still looks great after more than 7 hours of wear. Maybe try exfoliating your skin, especially if you're having problems with patchiness.

Although I wouldn't recommend this one for people with oily skin, I think it will be too slick.

user79

BTW the compacts aren't like super hard to open, but I do have to wedge something in between to release the top sometimes, it's not really tight but I find it hard to open without wedging. :/

I'll try and pass that on to the company, maybe they can improve their packaging how it opens. There isn't really a very good lip on the lid.

Tahti

Thanks MissChievous! I have the 109, so I'll try it out with that later. Maybe you're right about the oily skin, I have combination skin - so the foundation looks fine around the sides of my face, but less so on the t-zone.
I hope it works! It looked so fabulous when the MA applied it, which is why I really want to get it to work on me ;D

replica

I posted swaches of the new lip products I bought, really like the gloss, great pigmentation and non sticky but the lipsticks come out a bit bright on me so not too sure about those.

Indian Barbie

Thanks replica for the awesome swatches. i'm plannin to take a trip to Charles Fox on Tuesday, I hope they've got Illamasqua by now. I'm gonna be working in Covent Garden soon, Illamaqua will have all my money! Yay!

Steel Magnolia

Hope its good! Im going up to Dublin next week and have €300 to spend on makeup.. Any Illamasqua reccommendations or things to avoid?

Indian Barbie

I only have a few things, but I favourite is the Eye Brow cake and brush, they makes my brows look perfect!

Also Muse nail varnish and Solstice Liquid metal

IDontKnowMomo

I wish these were a little less expensive or that there were more swatches on the internet so I wouldn't feel like I was taking a risk if I ordered them
ssad.gif

Moxy

^^ Colour descriptions on their site would help a ton too
yes.gif
Every monitor is different...

claresauntie

Hey- I posted pics of MILF, a great seafoam green nail lacquer. I know the pics are huge and I'm really not that great at resizing.

This stuff wears like iron. I've had it on for 3 days and NOT ONE CHIP, nor is there any chip wear. I'm stunned. I will be buying more, ASAP.

replica

regarding descriptions I have emailed them about these and they said its something they are looking into as they are aware their swatches aren't the best. I have put some eyeshadow descriptions on my blog and pictures/swatches of the lipsticks I have if that help.

darklocke

Illamasqua foundation

I'd like to try the cream foundation from Illamasqua, but I have no clue to what color to choose. I can use MAC NC30-37 (NC37 is an exact match), and if someone has a tip on what to go for with Illamasqua, I'd be happy!

magi

you can also mix powder and cream shadows in one quad - but I am not sure if only at the counter :-(

Wizrei

Hey girls- I'm thinking about getting illamasqua's powder foundation but since I live in the US, I don't really know which one to get. I'm an NC43 in MAC. Can any of you girls help me out? Also,I couldnt find info on their indgredients-do you guys know if this is any good for oily, acne-prone skin? Thanks!

Indian Barbie

i went to charles fox to get some sealing gel, they have a cute little display and its only 5 minutes from where i work... oh the pure pigments are gawjus, I'd give up all my mac collection for illamasqua now

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
i went to charles fox to get some sealing gel, they have a cute little display and its only 5 minutes from where i work... oh the pure pigments are gawjus, I'd give up all my mac collection for illamasqua now

shockt.gif
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
:shoc ked:
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
Really?
Then again, MAC jacks up their prices in the UK and other countries, right? if I wasn't in the US and MAC's prices were higher, maybe I'd would be, too...

Latest posts