Illamasqua Discussion

kyoto

Re: Illamasqua Coming to the US in July!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRjizzle
I just worry because my store just did a remodel. they got rid of alot of brands. Brought in alot of new brands. Everything is sharing space with everything else, etc. Its all packed so tight I just dont know where they would fit anything else! oh well if my store doesnt union square in SF will for sure. They have alot more room in there! yippeee!

Worst case scenario would be to purchase it from sephora.com If the sephora stores in my area don't get it, that's what I'm planning.

Ode to Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Oh btw, I officially LOOOOVE the Highlighter and Blusher Brush 1 both for foundation. The Highlighter is a good dupe of the shape of the MAC 109 but it blows the mac one out of the water as far as application goes for foundation. The 109 sheds so much I hate it! I don't know how anyone can rave about the 109 for applying liquid or cream foundation, everytime I use it I have to pick off at least 5 or 6 hairs from my face. The Illamasqua one is awesome for buffing in and the Highlighter has a very similar shape, doesn't shed, and it's synthetic. LOVE this brush!

Do you think the hairs on blusher brush 1 are softer?
I have an 109 SH and hate how the hair feels on my face
angry.gif

User38

I have now tested quite a few of the products.. and I must say, as jaded as I am in my old age.. I AM IN LOVE!!!!!

tHIS ONE WILL BREAK MY BANK:d

Girl about town

i got rouse sheer lipgloss and i love it, its a lovely bubblegum pink, the sheer lipglosses are still quite pigmented compared to most lipglosses.
Got muse nail polish too what a cool colour!!!!

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoto
Worst case scenario would be to purchase it from sephora.com If the sephora stores in my area don't get it, that's what I'm planning.

Yes! Oh wow, I am SO glad I saved my sephora gift card instead of using it earlier...

mdjmsj

I'm so excited that they are coming to Sephora! I doubt my local store will have the items in stock but online ordering doesn't bother me-I heart ebates lol.

mochabean

Oh my gosh! This is the BEST NEWS ever!! I have never been this EXCITED about anything in a long time! I just fell in LOVE with Illamasqua! Absolutely love love their stuff! I just ordered some stuff off their website and got them yesterday--a couple lipglosses, lipstick, and nail polish. I posted some pictures in the swatch pages! MAC is my no. 1 go-to makeup; but Illamasqua is quickly becoming a close 2nd for me.

I absolutely love their lipglosses!! Worth every darn penny I paid for them! Great products, bright colors, great packaging, etc.

I can't wait for Illamasqua to come to the US! I'll be checking out my Sephora store soon for it to show up!

Also, if anyone wants to see more swatches of stuff. I saw a Beauty Blog that has swatches of all of its lipglosses and eyeshadows. I really like these swatches b/c they're done on darker skintone. I'm an NC42 and I like to see swatches on darker skintones to get an idea of what it would look on me. Here's the link:

Poshville: Illamasqua

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by justseenaface85
I read online that the price range is from $18 to $30...that's a bit much.

You think so? It's the same price point that NARS, Urban Decay, Smashbox, Chanel, Benefit, etc. have? MAC prices have just spoiled us all.

Little Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRjizzle
I just worry because my store just did a remodel. they got rid of alot of brands. Brought in alot of new brands. Everything is sharing space with everything else, etc. Its all packed so tight I just dont know where they would fit anything else! oh well if my store doesnt union square in SF will for sure. They have alot more room in there! yippeee!

i think the sephora on powell is going to be the one carrying illamasqua ... i forgot where i read that ... may have been makeupandbeautyblog

kyoto

Adina has some pretty cool reviews of Illamasqua on her blog. I'm reviewing them to familiarize myself with the brand before it becomes available here.

mochabean

I just placed another order for Illamasqua products online! Damn! This brand is becoming so addictive like MAC! I swear! I can't stop looking at the website! Thank goodness their online swatches suck! If not for that, I would have bought more items than I already have! Can I dare say....I'm cheating on MAC with my new love for Illamasqua! This brand is awesome!

I ended up ordering: 2 lipglosses, an illuminator in Fondle, 2 of the new Powdered Metals, Solstice Liquid Metal, 2 powder blushes, 4 lip colour pallette. I wanted to get an eyeshadow palette, but many of their colours were sold out. So that will be on my list to get next! I should receive these items in 1 week. I'm actually quite surprised at how fast shipping is from the UK to the States. Not bad! I can't wait to get my order. I'll post a swatch when I get my order.

I have a quick question. Anyone who has already played with the new powdered metals, are they similar to the MAC beauty powder loose that came out a couple years back in the "Of Beauty" collection??

I do have the beauty powder loose (6 of them) that came out. But I hardly ever reach for them. I like the idea of the powdered metals--I bought them in Thalia and Erzule. I plan on mixing it with my body lotions to apply all over my body for a nice sheen and also add it to my hair for some subtle sparkle. Can't wait to play with these.

CreamPuffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justseenaface85
I read online that the price range is from $18 to $30...that's a bit much.

I don't think so, its pretty competitive with the other brands. I think the price is expected since its not a drug store brand. They actually lowered the price for the US market. If you order off the UK website and then proceed to convert pound to dollars, it will be a lot more expensive.

User38

I ordered from the UK website and paid in British pounds -- however even if higher, I think the quality is well worth it!

LatteQueen

Dear readers, I tried to get this info to you earlier. I really did.

But when I went knocking on Illamasqua's door last October, telling the U.K. brand I wanted to share their awesomeness with my compatriots, I was rebuffed with a polite but curt reply letting me know the brand was not planning on launching in the U.S.

Well, that all changed. So harassed by writers and beauty obsessives like myself, Illamasqua has decided to launch their line of electric, eccentric color cosmetics at Sephora.

"Illamasq-wha!?!" you ask?

llamasqua is a brand created for the alter ego that exists within -- your inner rock star, your inner anime character, whatever.

With influences ranging from 1920s Weimar cabaret culture to London club kids to everything in between, Illamasqua's connection to its customers is considerably more emotional than your average cosmetic brand's.

It's about individualism with this brand, which is why creative types like Kate Moss, Lily Allen, Beth Ditto and Karen O are fans.

On July 21, Illamasqua's 200 best-selling products will be available on Sephora: Beauty, Skin Care, Makeup, Hair, & Fragrance. (Sephora Times Square, NYC will stock the line as of July 31, followed by a 25-store launch in October and November.)

Some highlights to check out: The thick, glossy long-wearing Nail Varnish (in a rainbow of offbeat colors); yummy, moisturizing, high-pigment Lipstick and the very versatile 4-Colour Powder Eye Shadow Palette, which miraculously straddle both your in-office and after-work personalities.

Happy experimenting!
  • addthis_pub = 'weblogsinc'; addthis_options = 'digg, facebook, delicious, myspace, aolfav, propeller, google, live, stumbleupon, reddit, favorites, technorati, aim, more'; Share
  • Print
  • Comments (0)