Illamasqua Discussion

Marsha Pomells

Today I ordered blushes in Lover, Tremble and Promise, from illamasqua's website. Did anyone pick up anything from the online sale?
No, unfortunately :dunno: I need to head to Beak Street to see if I can find disciple , cos something tells me it's still in store

katred

Specktra Bestie
Today I ordered blushes in Lover, Tremble and Promise, from illamasqua's website. Did anyone pick up anything from the online sale?
I've gotten slack about web orders since we got a local counter, so the sale passed me by. I do want to order a few things on line that aren't available at the counters, though.

Decided to go "nontraditional" for Valentines- I wore "Shoot" Intense l/g instead of red or pink.
girlhaha.gif

Marsha Pomells

Decided to go "nontraditional" for Valentines- I wore "Shoot" Intense l/g instead of red or pink. :haha:
Nice colour. Despite owning 'Gender', 'Feirce', 'Violate' and 'Repulse'... I am 50/50 on 'Shoot' for some reason, maybe it am scared of how it'll look on my skin tone (and yet I'm not afraid of wearing Apocalips - how does that work?)

Marsha Pomells

Today, I went to Beak Street to have a browse around and ended up buying 5 l/gs without a second thought. While I was there, I did ask about disciple being discontinued... It's not discontinued and it won't be discontinued for a very long time. Also, I learnt something about my 3 year old nephew today while I was at the illamasqua store... He's a dab hand with a blusher brush and knows to apply Hydra Veil :shock:

MAC_Fafinette14

Just found out about Disciple being d/c'd--I am SO ANGRY at myself because I'd been hoping to get it for years, saving up to order it online, and had to put it off for financial reasons. I had planned it as a birthday gift to myself at this point--guess I won't be celebrating this year.
crybaby.gif

Marsha Pomells

Just found out about Disciple being d/c'd--I am SO ANGRY at myself because I'd been hoping to get it for years, saving up to order it online, and had to put it off for financial reasons. I had planned it as a birthday gift to myself at this point--guess I won't be celebrating this year. :crybaby:
It's really weird, cos sometimes it's in stock and then it's discontinued online. I just give up and go in store. Have you tried any of the counters?

indiekicks

I'd love to have the lipstick in Growl, among other things...

Why oh why does no Sephora around here carry the line? :(

kait0

I'm in canada so my reply might be irrelevant but I don't buy from sephora because they jack up the prices and are always out of stock. I has a wonderful experience ordering from illamasqua directly, and you can get free shipping if you spend a certain amount too. Shipping wasn't even too bad to pay for.

Rainbunny

I'm in canada so my reply might be irrelevant but I don't buy from sephora because they jack up the prices and are always out of stock. I has a wonderful experience ordering from illamasqua directly, and you can get free shipping if you spend a certain amount too. Shipping wasn't even too bad to pay for.
I don't know if you already noticed this, but Illamasqua is now at the Bay and for slightly cheaper than the Sephora prices. You can buy it online at the Bay, too.

kait0

I don't know if you already noticed this, but Illamasqua is now at the Bay and for slightly cheaper than the Sephora prices. You can buy it online at the Bay, too.
Yes I do know this! Their prices are so good compared to sephora! I have made several trips to the illamasqua at the bay downtown vancouver. I ordered off illamasqua when they were having that awesome sale.

Rainbunny

Yes I do know this! Their prices are so good compared to sephora! I have made several trips to the illamasqua at the bay downtown vancouver. I ordered off illamasqua when they were having that awesome sale.
Good-- I just walked past their counter at the Bay one day, and did a double-take! Too bad the Bay doesn't have a better points program! Much more pleasant shopping at the Bay than Sephora.

kait0

Agreed - their points program is laaame ha. Sephora sells the powder blushes for 32, and the bay does them for 26!

Bcteagirl

Good-- I just walked past their counter at the Bay one day, and did a double-take! Too bad the Bay doesn't have a better points program! Much more pleasant shopping at the Bay than Sephora.
This is really good information thanks! I do wish the Bay had a better program too. I hear Nordstroms has a great beauty points program, and they are moving into Canada this year (Calgary in the fall, the Ottawa, then Toronto, Vancouver too I think?).

Rainbunny

This is really good information thanks! I do wish the Bay had a better program too. I hear Nordstroms has a great beauty points program, and they are moving into Canada this year (Calgary in the fall, the Ottawa, then Toronto, Vancouver too I think?).
Yes, Nordstroms is definitely coming to Vancouver, too. They are renovating the old Eatons store downtown but it's like a two year project or something, so not sure when it will actually be open here. If the Bay was smart, they would start getting more competitive with the points program before Nordstroms arrives. Although I've been getting good cosmetics coupons in the mail from the Bay lately, so maybe they are going that route instead.

ChosenOne

*tiptoes into the thread*

Sooooo...I'm a newbie to Illamasqua products. I just started wearing their nail varnish a couple of months ago and now have 5 of them. They're the best quality nail polish I've found! I've also thought about trying their lipsticks, but I hear they can be a bit dry? And as far as their other products go, I'm completely clueless. From reading the last couple of pages of this thread, I gather they have nice blushes? Always looking to expand the variety of brands in my stash.

Latest posts