Illamasqua Discussion

MAC_Fafinette14

Disciple update: "Get notified when this product is back in stock." Well...Damn.

I'd already gotten MAC Lipmix in Blue to compensate. Guess I need to make room in my stash for another shade.

MissTania

Glamore Nude lippie swatches here:

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2014/06/illamasqua-glamore-nude-lipsticks.html

Rosepout is the one I like.

LivN

Starkers looks like a good choice for me.
cheerleader.gif

Howards End

I really want Tease, but it's twice the price of MAC Myth! I also have Fleshpot. Maybe I'll swatch it at Bloomies and then decide. Anyone know if these are vanilla scented?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Anyone know if these are vanilla scented?
The testers at my counter don't seem to have any scent, although testers often lose their scent through exposure.

Here's some photos of the upcoming Fall collection. That nail polish is everything. It looks like the aging copper roofs from the oceanside city where I grew up.

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2014/08/illamasqua-collection.html

Howards End

lol thanks katred, now I'm going to buy Melange, forget Tease lol! It's gorgeous and I get unbelievably long wear with Illamasqua varnishes

MAC_Fafinette14

Went over to the Illamasqua counter today--picked up Posture instead of getting Coven by Kat Von D. (Not the same colour, but similar enough and with a better formula/finish)
Also learned some sad news for fellow Canadians: The counters at The Bay are closing up in September. From what the staff were saying, Illamasqua's NA stores (US/Canada) and offices are closing, so they'll be available only through the online store.
Feels kinda like a punch to the gut after Inglot left--why must all the good-quality brands go?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Went over to the Illamasqua counter today--picked up Posture instead of getting Coven by Kat Von D. (Not the same colour, but similar enough and with a better formula/finish) Also learned some sad news for fellow Canadians: The counters at The Bay are closing up in September. From what the staff were saying, Illamasqua's NA stores (US/Canada) and offices are closing, so they'll be available only through the online store. Feels kinda like a punch to the gut after Inglot left--why must all the good-quality brands go?
ARGH. I was so happy when they arrived! Very sorry to know they won't be sticking around. The really sad thing is that they did a beautiful job on the counter/ alcove at The Bay near me. I wonder what's going to replace it?

MAC_Fafinette14

I heard it from the Montreal Bay location, and I'll also miss the space they had (the mannequins, busts, and broken mirrors were refreshingly different than the sleek and luxurious-looking designs of other high-end counters).

katred

Specktra Bestie
I heard it from the Montreal Bay location, and I'll also miss the space they had (the mannequins, busts, and broken mirrors were refreshingly different than the sleek and luxurious-looking designs of other high-end counters).
Yup, that's my counter too! Completely agree with you that it was a breath of fresh air. Wonder who'll take that spot? Probably no one with a cool sense of decor.

And hey there, fellow Montrealer!

shellygrrl

Staff member
Okay, so I posted a message on Illamasqua's Facebook page about this, and I was told they're pulling out of some of their US and Canadian retailers.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Okay, so I posted a message on Illamasqua's Facebook page about this, and I was told they're pulling out of some of their US and Canadian retailers.
Thanks Shelly. I'm sad to know that mine is among them, but at least they won't be entirely gone

Rinstar

Ok ladies, I have a burning desire for Melange when it is available. However, I don't know where I can buy it! I've only ever purchased Illamasqua from Sephora before. There is no Bloomingdales anywhere near me, so that's out.

pnfpn

Bloomies does free delivery from their website I think. They're the only ones that sell Illamasqua in the US now too iirc.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ok ladies, I have a burning desire for Melange when it is available. However, I don't know where I can buy it! I've only ever purchased Illamasqua from Sephora before. There is no Bloomingdales anywhere near me, so that's out.
You can order from their web site, but shipping for polishes is expensive. Bloomies is probably a better option if you can use it.

Dalshandra

I just went to the Bloomingdales website and it looks like Illasmasqua is completely gone. No matter what search I do on their products it's gone from the database and main beauty menus. I'm so bummed. I loved their edgy colors and their really unique collection promo looks and their nail polish quality! Does bloomingdales ever do clearance prices in their stores? If I had known they were pulling out I would have stocked up sooner :-( I just can't spend so much on their international shipping prices so I hope I can find some HG's before it's all gone. Thanks for reading this sappy novel and Have a great day! Dal

pnfpn

I'e said it before and I'll say it again. £9 is an incredibly good deal on their intl shipping. Here if I were to send an average package of say 4-5 products it would be around £7.50 and that is with me lying about its value. You're paying £9 to get it shipped to you WITH tracking. It will be expensive after conversion no doubt but it's certainly not the worst.

It's sad they are pulling out of the US.

Dalshandra

Ok I understand. It's a shame they couldn't stay successful in US. I love a good swatching/impulse buy visit as much as the next makeup lover :D Thanks for the reply!

Latest posts