Illamasqua Generation Q Collection

rubytitania

I just bought Boost from this collection so far and it's GORGEOUS! :eyelove: I'm so glad everything is perm because I still want Creator, Underworld, SOPHIE and the Complement palette (and possibly Charisma and Magnetism too)!

aradhana

Just rec'd my black box today! Can't wait to get home and play w the goodies...got the lipsticks, allure and one of the palettes, but there were a lot of freebies cuz they had some special offers on!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Just rec'd my black box today! Can't wait to get home and play w the goodies...got the lipsticks, allure and one of the palettes, but there were a lot of freebies cuz they had some special offers on!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts! I've been holding off doing an order from them forever and I'm not sure why... Definitely want a few things from this collection!!!

aradhana

Can't wait to hear your thoughts! I've been holding off doing an order from them forever and I'm not sure why... Definitely want a few things from this collection!!!
it turned out allure and magnetism were not part of this shipment...but i think they're likely to arrive within the next couple of days.

i tested out the empower quad this morning, with underworld lipstick. i also got eurydice lipstick as part of this order. i'm super impressed with the lipstick formula.

kate if you haven't tried them, i think you will really like their lipsticks... i found they apply very smoothly and gave a nice pigmented sheen to the lips. i guess since i'm not a big fan of creamy lipsticks, the formula is right up my alley! i don't know why i had never tried the illamasqua lipsticks before -- when i lived in scotland and had access to a counter, i always left with a gloss or a blush...(or both!!)...but didn't pay much attention to the eyeshadows and lipsticks.

with the quad i wore the slick as a base on the lid, then layered on fervent and synth. i took synth a little above the crease, and used blink to blend up the brow bone. i found the textures of the eyeshadows very soft, but they weren't too sparkly. in the end i found the look smokey, but not too ott for work! at this point in the evening the makeup's kind looking worn in, but i'll try to post a pic or two later this week...

anyway, so far i've found ordering from them to be a pleasure...i actually ended up with two free full size liquid metals, and a sample of their perfume freak!

katred

Specktra Bestie
it turned out allure and magnetism were not part of this shipment...but i think they're likely to arrive within the next couple of days.

i tested out the empower quad this morning, with underworld lipstick. i also got eurydice lipstick as part of this order. i'm super impressed with the lipstick formula.

kate if you haven't tried them, i think you will really like their lipsticks... i found they apply very smoothly and gave a nice pigmented sheen to the lips. i guess since i'm not a big fan of creamy lipsticks, the formula is right up my alley! i don't know why i had never tried the illamasqua lipsticks before -- when i lived in scotland and had access to a counter, i always left with a gloss or a blush...(or both!!)...but didn't pay much attention to the eyeshadows and lipsticks.

with the quad i wore the slick as a base on the lid, then layered on fervent and synth. i took synth a little above the crease, and used blink to blend up the brow bone. i found the textures of the eyeshadows very soft, but they weren't too sparkly. in the end i found the look smokey, but not too ott for work! at this point in the evening the makeup's kind looking worn in, but i'll try to post a pic or two later this week...

anyway, so far i've found ordering from them to be a pleasure...i actually ended up with two free full size liquid metals, and a sample of their perfume freak!
Awesome customer service! You've definitely sold me on ordering from them. There's a whole bunch of things that I want to try and their lipsticks are way up there on that list. I'd heard that they were drying, but maybe it depends on the particular shade.

Definitely post photos!!

martiangurll

Are there testers for Illamasqua at Sephora? I would love to go and play. The Empower quad is absolutely gorgeous.

aradhana

i am going to take some pics tomorrow (in daylight)! (and teach myself to use my camera properly in the process i hope!!!

tats

I can't wait to get some of these goodies. I'm just waiting for my paypack.. roll on next friday lol
cheerleader.gif

Merula

Are there testers for Illamasqua at Sephora? I would love to go and play. The Empower quad is absolutely gorgeous.
If your Sephora has Illamasqua, of course! You might want to call and find out, because a few of them I've gone to don't.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Or you can check Sephora's website. Go to a product and put in your zip code (or that of the nearest Sephora), and it'll tell you if they have it.

aradhana

left to right:
allure blush, eurydice lipstick (not part of generation q), underworld lipstick, magnetism lipstick, gleam cream in aurora (swatched, blended)

left to right:
empower palette: slick, fervent, synth, blink
precision ink: wisdom
complement palette: focus, forgiveness, queen of the night, slink

...went a bit crazy. but i think i'm set for fall!

i should mention that i love every single item i bought. absolutely no regrets.

ps. please don't ask me why my arm is two different colours. i'm learning. :p
(i actually think the colour accuracy of the products in both pics is pretty close to accurate.)

Slimmycakes

Aradhana, thank you for the swatches! I've been stalking two sephoras by my job but they don't have this on display yet. What is your opinion on the gleam cream? I'm wondering if it's a good quality highlighter. TIA!

aradhana

Aradhana, thank you for the swatches! I've been stalking two sephoras by my job but they don't have this on display yet. What is your opinion on the gleam cream? I'm wondering if it's a good quality highlighter. TIA!
i've only wore it a couple of days, and so far so good. the texture is very soft and smooth. i have tried other cream highlighters in the past that are too solid and difficult to spread-- this one is soft enough to apply with your finger tips (which is what i've been doing).

i was originally worried it might be too ashy or pink on me, but it's neither of the two. it blends well into my skin to give a kind of natural beige-gold sheen... not shimmery/sparkly, so it doesn't accentuate my pores!

hope that's helpful! ...and i hope they set up the display at your sephoras soon so you can check it out!!

aradhana

Okay, I LOL'd at the Ned Stark Swatches are Coming meme. I love that quad. Is it perm or do I need to cancel Christmas to get it?
the quads are awesome! i almost can't decide which one i like better, but i think empower is much more dramatic on my eyes....