IMATS question? Pasadena 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannyn92

Hi there everyone!
I know its a little early, but I'm almost ready to buy my ticket to IMATS this year. Last year I wanted to go really badly, but money was kind of a problem. This year, however, I made it a priority!! I was just wondering, from the people who went, can you tell me anything about the classes and tutorials they have? I've found so many things on IMATS, but they're mostly about the hauls and whatnot.

Thank you!

blackmetalmist

Basically the classes is kinda like a small auditorium and they have the model and artist up on stage and there is a camera in front of them projecting a closeup of what is going on a big screen next to the stage. The artist has a mike on him/her and you are able to hear what he is saying even if you are in the back. You are also able to ask questions during the class or you can wait until he/she is done. Oh and sometimes you get a handout of everything that artist demonstrated.

MK09

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannyn92
Hi there everyone!
I know its a little early, but I'm almost ready to buy my ticket to IMATS this year. Last year I wanted to go really badly, but money was kind of a problem. This year, however, I made it a priority!! I was just wondering, from the people who went, can you tell me anything about the classes and tutorials they have? I've found so many things on IMATS, but they're mostly about the hauls and whatnot.

Thank you!

It changes every year.Here is a link to the IMATS 2010.IMATS Home (International Make-Up Artist Trade Show)
It has the latest information on all IMATS 2010 locations.If you scroll over and click on the classes an events tab.You can find information about it there.Unfortunately it hasn't been updated fully for LA 2010 yet.But it will updated as the date draws closer.So just keep checking every now and again.In the mean time IMATS Sydney and Toronto have there info updated.So if you click on either one of those location at the top of the page from the link i gave you.Then hover your mouse over the Classes & Events tab and then click Speaker Bios or Schedule,Student Competition,Fashion Show,Signings,After Glow etc etc etc.You can read through that information to get an idea of what IMATS LA will be like.And the other links have alot of information as well about alot of different IMATS things,the Home tab,the Attendees,Exhibitors,Media Press,Classes & Events.They all scroll down to many different subjects.

Also have you tried to google in IMATS LA 2009 review,or class review or speaker review or something along them lines? Or even with a different year.I know there is lots of video son youtube about the IMATS LA 2009.BUT most of them are just the gurus saying hello into the cameras and/or doing a IMATS haul review.

But i really think the IMATS is something you definitely wont regret.Im going to the LA IMATS 2010 in Pasadena too and im really excited just like you lol

Maybe this review will interest you.Its a makeup artist speaking of the IMATS 2009 in LA and the 4 classes she sat in on.Heres the link.RachB Make-Up Artistry

I hope i helped some.If i didnt then i suggest google theres plenty to be found,you just have to dig for it lol Or maybe somebody here will be able to help you with more information
smiles.gif
Best of luck!

laceface

I'm interested in going to IMATS next year as well. My money was tight last year too, but I'm going to save up for possibly the biggest haul of my life!

I wanted to go to The Makeup Show, but was told IMATS was a lot better. I will be staying with a friend in Orange County, and was hoping to find a fellow specktra makeup artist to meet me there. I'd rather not go alone. I want someone to talk to about everything. If you or anyone else on here would like to meet up for it next year, Let me know!!

newtomakeup

forgive my ignorance, but while i was checking out their website. The prices are different. what is the difference between the full ticket and the exhibit floor only?

theperfectqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtomakeup
forgive my ignorance, but while i was checking out their website. The prices are different. what is the difference between the full ticket and the exhibit floor only?

The full ticket allows you access to the exhibit floor, keynote speakers, and classes. The exhibit floor only does not include keynote speakers and classes. For the price, it's better to just get the full ticket.

2-Day Full ticket $60

1-day Full ticket $30

Exhibit Floor Only $15

theperfectqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceface
Do the classes cost extra or is it all included? Kind of first come, first served deal?

Classes are included in the "full" ticket price. You cannot attend classes if you purchase an "exhibit floor" (the sales floor) only ticket. Yes, classes are on a first come first serve basis. If you want a good seat you have to be there a little early. The more popular classes fill up quickly. Most of the classes this year were full and people who came in late had to stand in the back.

genduk26

anyone going to IMATS this coming June? it will be my 2nd annual. i have list what i want to get.

shannyn92

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci
i'm going <3 <3. anyone from phoenix want to go with me??

you're going? great! maybe i can finally meet the most helpful woman on these forums <33
th_worship.gif

LC

haha awww thanks. i'm probably gonna go both days, just trying to find someone to make the trip with me, it's about 5 hours away, and split the cost of a hotel
smiles.gif

RandomnessWithK

im going to be going!
smiles.gif
i don't know who i'll bring (i really hate going to places alone lol).. probably will try to bring my sis-in-law..
smiles.gif

but i'm going to make it a priority to go!
smiles.gif

LC

maybe we should have a specktra get together afterwards for cocktails (or shirley temples if you're under 21
winks.gif
)

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannyn92
yep!! i'm going
smiles.gif
what does your list include?

MUFE -> e/s, aqua cream waterproof, star powder, lipstick, hd blush, flash pot. i love mufe.
yes.gif

OCC -> lip tars, pigments
Hakuhodo -> eye brushes. they are expensive but they are so soft & from heaven
tong.gif

crown brush -> cream/lip brushes, disposable lip brush
beauty so clean -> wipe & mist stuff.
cinema secrets -> foundation, concealer
graftobian -> foundation, lip palette

i know it's a long list but i have saved $$ since last august.
yes.gif

how about you?

LC

i've never been to imats before, is there any kind of discount? and do mac pro cards work there?

genduk26

my dh wants to go to imats this year. he wants to understand why i love make up so much & learn about body painting. It's a good thing but i prefer go alone & enjoy myself. should i let him go?
anyway, i think i will go on Sat for shopping. MUFE & OCC first thing in the morning. I don't want to deal with long line @ MUFE booth & lip tars sold out by noon @ OCC. then maybe i will go to classes if i like the speakers.

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci
i've never been to imats before, is there any kind of discount? and do mac pro cards work there?

yes, most of booths give discounts around 20%. i think brush booths don't do discount. i know hakuhodo & crown brush don't. and yes, there's a mac pro booth & you can use your pro cards. last year it had 20% off compared to MUFE 40%. i also heard people tried to apply for mac pro cards last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts