IMATS question? Pasadena 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fataliya

Do you have to be a MUA to get in?

And I could swear I heard of folks going who weren't MUA and getting Pro cards...is this still possible?

LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataliya
Do you have to be a MUA to get in?

And I could swear I heard of folks going who weren't MUA and getting Pro cards...is this still possible?

anyone can get into IMATS....

but you need to be a professional mua and be able to prove it with 2 pieces of professional documentation to get the pro card. I'm sure non-mua's get it all the time, they just submit false info.

LC

Ladies..I'm trying to get some of us together for drinks or something after the show is over on Saturday. Drinks and appetizers maybe? Was thinking something like TGIFriday or something simple like that. who's in? we can all exchange numbers and text when it gets closer to the time

shannyn92

Sounds good to me! Need to check with the people I'm staying with and make sure they didn't have anything planned, but sounds good
smiles.gif

KristenLeeD

Hi !!
This will be my very first time going to IMATS and i'm super excited. i posted on CL that i was going (from San Diego) to see if anyone wanted to carpool, but no such luck yet. Anyway, i'm headed to Pasadena on Sun (only). As much as i would love to see and hear Rae Morris on Sat, i am really excited about seeing and hearing Victor Cembllin on Sun. Also, Leesha aka Xsparkage is going to be there and i would just die to have my picture taken with Her and get Her autograph.
It would really be great to have a "Specktra Get Together" ... i know i would really enjoy that. Maybe next year i'll go both days.
Thanks so much for reading!!

LittleDevil

I hope to run into some of you specktrettes in Pasadena in a couple weeks!! I am so excited! I absolutely cant wait!!

RandomnessWithK

question for those going.. because of conflicting things.. i don't know if i can go bothdays.. what isthe betterday to go? saturday or sunday lol!

blackmetalmist

Does anyone remember from last year what stuff did they have at the MAC booth? I just remember brushes and i know that the discount was 30%. Also if anyone knows if they'll sell eyeshadow refills ? TIA !!

LC

blackmetalmist...does the pro discount work on top of the 30% that they already offer?

blackmetalmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC
blackmetalmist...does the pro discount work on top of the 30% that they already offer?

My friend ended up getting her 40% since she is a makeupartist instead of the 30%. So i think 30% for everyone and if you have a pro card with 40% that is what you get. I dont know the rules for this year so maybe its changed !!

LC

Was just looking at the class schedules...(btw, queen of blending has her own class? lol) and it looks like I'm gonna do:

1115-1215 MACs Make-up for the Red Carpet
1230 - 130 Kett Cosmetics Manifesting Success and the Art of Airbrushing
and 245- 345 -Kryolan's extreme beauty
and *possibly* 3:00 - 4:00 Naimie's HIGH-DEFINITION BEAUTY: For Every Complexion and All Ages

What's everyone else doing?

blackmetalmist

@LC you mean your not attending QOB class ?? Jk haha that is pretty funny that she has her class though.. um I for one did not like the way the classes are held. Most of the time you have to look at the big screen on the side and you cant really interact with the makeup artist. So with that being said ,,ill just be hitting the exhibits and skipping the classes this year. Id rather go to MAC and take some classes there.

LC

what sucks is i get 40% discount on a daily basis...it's not fair that the general public gets a 30% discount, and pro members don't get an additional discount

manthanoelle

Sigh, I was almost dead set that I would be attending IMATS this year and making the trip down to LA, but I can not take it.

It seems like IMATS is all about youtube "gurus" and their "skills" I mean yeah I watch videos on youtube, but it seems like its being overly promoted as SUCH AND SUCH GURU will be there. So as if it will attract more non-makeup artists. Which I think is great for people to attend to get tips and tricks, but I feel like this year it's turning more into a carnival of what guru you may run into. So I don't think I will be attending this year. And I'll let myself take a class or two at MAC Pro instead.

blackmetalmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC
what sucks is i get 40% discount on a daily basis...it's not fair that the general public gets a 30% discount, and pro members don't get an additional discount

You are right that you should get an additional discount but you have to remember that you are very lucky to get 40% whenever you want and this is the only time when the general public and aspiring makeup artists get a chance to recieve that 30% off. I know many aspiring makeup artists that have been denied a pro card and in the industry with many competitive mua it is hard to buy MAC at a full price all the time. I myself am not in the makeup industry but its nice to be able to purchase a few brushes for a nice price.

MsHaight

Its almost here and I am getting more and more giddy! This is my first year going so I dont know what to expect.

I am starting to make a list of things that I want from MUFE but I was wondering if anyone that has gone in the past knows of products that they might not have or didnt have last year?

Momolovesmac

You get a 40% on a daily basis but you are offering cp for people at 25% and from there earning the difference. CP = custom purchase DOES NOT equate to profiting from the purchases.
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f300/m...4/#post1962278

Please note that profiting from the macpro card is a breach of card ownership and if reported to Mac,you will be blacklisted,with your card confiscated for good

thmbdn.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC

LC

back on topic, for those who have gone in the past, are there booths that sell lashes? i need to stock up

Status
Not open for further replies.