Industry Professional Discounts

Villainiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by farra712
Has anyone gotten the NARS discount? I am wanting to apply as I have started doing much more freelance work for events, but there application says to send a call or tear sheet and I don't have one of those. I was wondering if anyone without one has applied and gotten approved. I would really like to start buying some of their products but my closest retailer is 2 1/2 hours away which is too far to drive for product that is more expensive than MAC. Thanks in advance!

I have the NARS discount, but I did submit a call sheet from a movie I worked on. I don't think you can get it without that or a tear sheet.
weeping.gif

elvinworld

Re: Do any other companies offer a similar program like the MAC PPID?

clap.gif
Thank you so much for the information, I've been a MUA for over 6 years now and could get discounts only at MU4 Ever, The Body Shop and MAC. elvinworld

lilchocolatema

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisha
Stila will have a section of the site soon for artists to get discount! i think it'll be added when our websites are redone! x

Just noticed that the website is up! I hope they have this section available!

LatinaRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Does the discount also apply to dancers or just MAs?

I am also wondering about this. I have the MAC discount as a model and entertainer, do any of these companies offer a similar discount to non-MA's?

iiifugaziii

For make-up artists: Cosmetic retailer discounts?

hi everyone! I'm looking to explore outside of the MAC world of make-up. For all you fellow artists, what other cosmetic brands do you receive a discount from?
I recently just sent an email to Nars about their percentage program. any others I should highly consider?
thanks
smiles.gif

lilchocolatema

Here's another addition...

Origins offers a special program for Makeup Artists entitling them to discounts on Origins Products. Qualified Makeup Artists will be eligible for the following:

* 40% discount on Facial Skin Care and Color products
* 20% discount on Bath & Body and Hair Care products.

To apply for the Makeup Artist Program Card, click here to obtain an application. Please return application along with tearsheets, business card and proof of certification to:

ORIGINS Global Communications
767 Fifth Ave, 42nd Fl.
New York, NY 10153

Cards will be distributed the first of every month and are only valid in Origins Retail Stores.* Click here to find the nearest Retail Store or call 1-800-ORIGINS. Products are not for re-sale. Photo identification is required at the time of purchase.

ptamelissa

I cant seem to find the section on the stila website that someone had mentioned was up in order to register for my discount. Any help?

ptamelissa

I don't have call sheets, but I can provide letters on company letter head for several fashion shows that I have done work on, do you think these would work for NARS and Makeup Forever discounts? I already have my MAC Pro

martygreene

Your best bet when uncertain, is to call and ask them. I would think these would be accepted, but I'd call and double check if I were you.

LatinaRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptamelissa
I don't have call sheets, but I can provide letters on company letter head for several fashion shows that I have done work on, do you think these would work for NARS and Makeup Forever discounts? I already have my MAC Pro

That'll work for MUFE, just got mine with 2 letters of employment this week!

kensbarbie1017

I'm a little bit confused. Do i need a licence for a mac one??

I'm a makeup artist for NARS and i also freelance independantly, but im self taught

dangerousmuffins

I don't think I saw NYX on this thread, but here is some info:

NYX:
Licensed Cosmetologist Discount
Receive a 30% discount if you are a licensed cosmetologist and/or an active make-up artist.

Please email [email protected] and provide the following:

* First and last name
* Phone number
* Cosmetology License number
* City/County/State where license is issued
* For active make-up artists, MUST Provide copy of business card and/or cosmetology license.
(This may be scanned and emailed over or faxed to us @ 323-869-9430)

Please allow 24-48 business hours for an email confirmation containing the issued discount code.
Please note that we are closed on weekends, major holidays, and between Christmas to New Years.

Terms and Conditions:

Only two discount codes will be issued per 30 day period. Each discount code will only be valid for one purchase during a 15 day time frame. To receive a second or additional discount codes, please contact [email protected] to inform of your inquiry and provide your first and last name, email, phone number, and state that you are a returning artist.

The discount code is not available anywhere else. Please note that this discount code is only valid for purchases made through nyxcosmetics.com and not at any other retail environments.

Happy Shopping!

You can find the link here:
http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/Main_Pag...modiscount.htm

aziza

Just adding two more:

Yaby Cosmetics
(yabycosmetics.com)

Professional makeup artists receive 20% off on www.yabycosmetics.com products. 2 simple steps to receive yaby's industry discount:
  • 1. Create your yaby account.

2. Simply provide one of the following proofs:
    - Call Sheet
    - Editorial Credits
    - Professional Reference Letter
    - Union Membership Card

email: [email protected] or
    fax: 1 866 404 5999

Upon verification, 20% industry discount will be applied to your account on www.yabycosmetics.com

Nixie Cosmetics (click to see larger)

Latest posts