Industry Professional Discounts

iaisha26

They are in the process of implementing a mua program. Call and ask to speak with Vailet (sp). Quote:
Originally Posted by hwilson18
has anyone ever heard of a discount from too faced?

aefreema

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
how do u get makeup certificates when you don't need a license to become a makeup artist?

You can get certificates from seminars and workshops attended!

farra712

If this has already been posted, I apologize, but I haven't been around in a while! I thought you might like to know that Korres offers a 30% discount and their requirements are pretty easy to meet which is nice for small-timers like me!

Provide two of the following:
oComposite Card
oPortfolio with name credit
oBusiness Card
oValid Union Card
oHead Shot
oProfessional License/Diploma (Aesthetician, Hairstylist, Cosmetology)
oPublication Masthead
oProgram/Press materials with name credit
oContract on production company letterhead
oCrew/Call list on production company letterhead
oProfessional letter of reference company letterhead

Email [email protected] to get an application. The girl that answered my inquiry said that I could just email her or fax her back the documents.

beby24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
does anyone know of any cheap seminars or workshops in Westchester, NYC, or Jersey?

Look up the powder group in NYC

farra712

Urban Decay has not contacted me regarding my application, nor have they responded to any emails I have sent them. It's been over three months! Screw 'em. I hear they do this a lot.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that Jane Iredale has a very generous makeup artist discount. Typically 70% off!! The products you get are testers, so they aren't packaged the same and are probably marked, which is fine with me, but I know some people like to use their discount for gift giving, so just a heads up. They require a license (esthetics or cosmetology) or a resume detailing your experience as a professional makeup artist or a call sheet/cast and crew list. You must also submit a letter of intent saying that you will not resell the items you purchase and that all items purchased will be for professional use only.
Email: [email protected]
She will email you copies of their policies, price lists, and editorial credit program policy.

Philosophy and Dermalogica also have discounts in place for makeup artists, but I don't use their products, so you should go to their website or email them for info.

dnelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by farra712
Urban Decay has not contacted me regarding my application, nor have they responded to any emails I have sent them. It's been over three months! Screw 'em. I hear they do this a lot.

This is the email I got about two minutes after I sent them one:

hank you for your interest in representing our brand. We do have a informal make-up artist discount program set up. If you would like to be considered for a discount on the website, please fax your resume and credentials. We will review your information and get back to you shortly. Our fax number is 949-515-5614. Attn: Jesse

Martha,
Urban Decay
Customer Service
[email protected]

Call us toll-free: 1-800-784-URBAN

tvbswifey

Great info! Thanks!
smiles.gif

bellaxo812

Just an update for anyone interested in a MA discount for Urban Decay. I emailed them today and they got back to me within an hour and this is what they said:

Hello,

At this time we do not have a makeup artist program. If you have any further questions please feel free to reply to this email.

Jesse,
Urban Decay
Customer Service Manager
[email protected]

manthanoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaxo812
Just an update for anyone interested in a MA discount for Urban Decay. I emailed them today and they got back to me within an hour and this is what they said:

Hello,

At this time we do not have a makeup artist program. If you have any further questions please feel free to reply to this email.

Jesse,
Urban Decay
Customer Service Manager
[email protected]

You should contact them again because I just contacted them a few days ago and they provided me with a 20% coupon code for myself to use and said that they are working on a formal pro discount program and will inform me when it is launched so I can fill out further documents since they already have my credentials.

manthanoelle

If anyone has the MUFE backstage card how long did it take you to find out your were approved? I just applied last night. But, there's no set in stone sort of guideline on how to apply, I went to The MAKE UP FOR EVER Backstage Card Professional Discount Program - Professional Makeup Products for Film, Video, Photography & Stage - Makeup Artist Education, Workshops, Seminars and Makeup School and printed the application, I was going to fax it in today because that's what I've done with all my other pro discounts. But I noticed at the bottom of the application it gave an email address as well so I figured screw going to kinkos and paying to fax it if I can just scan everything and email it. So I emailed my ID, MAC Pro card, business card and my resume to [email protected] but haven't gotten a confirmation email or anything yet saying that it was going through the approval process.

So I am curious as to how long it will take to know if I am approved or denied.

And haha I sent extra stuff for good measure, the application states

Quote:
MAKEUP ARTIST (40%) Open to all working professional makeup artists who can provide:
Two (2) of the following along with a valid photo ID -
•MAGAZINE TEAR SHEET WITH NAME CREDIT**
•REEL WITH NAME CREDIT
•PROGRAM / CALL SHEET
•UNION MEMBERSHIP CARD
•AGENCY REPRESENTATION (sponsored comp card, representation letter, link to roster)
OR

Valid photo ID and the following -
•PRO MEMBERSHIP CARD from other approved Pro Makeup Membership Program (choice of approved
programs is at the discretion of MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Relations)

So I only needed to send a copy of my MACPro membership and my ID but I wanted to make it as clear as I could I am not trying to pull one over on them so I sent everything I could think to prove I am an artist hahaha.

bellaxo812

It took about a week from me faxing in my paperwork to MUFE for me to get my card in the mail. I faxed everything in and was going to actually contact them again to see if they had received it, and then I got it in the mail. I was so excited!! Lol

I now have to email Urban Decay because I haven't heard anything from them yet and I faxed all my stuff in on the same day as MUFE, and I know UD is quicker because they'll email you to let you know whether or not you're approved.

riotlove

manthanoelle--did you end up getting your card yet? i emailed mine like a week ago and haven't even gotten a response. i'm wondering if i should just fax it from work or something.

manthanoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotlove
manthanoelle--did you end up getting your card yet? i emailed mine like a week ago and haven't even gotten a response. i'm wondering if i should just fax it from work or something.

Not the card itself. But, I called the NY boutique maybe 3 or 4 days before I got the email saying I was approved just to see if they even got my email. But, the girl said it takes about 3 weeks to get the approval email from them. Which is true mine was like 2 days shy of 3 weeks. And she also told me that their email was down for a few days so they were a little behind. I actually asked her would it be easier if I faxed it to them instead and she said usually faxing takes less time for the to process the application which she didn't specify why that was the case. But she said that either way once you'd already submitted it's easier just to wait for the response. Because if you over submit if one person approves you and then another person see's your second submission and denies you for whatever reason then you're listed in the system as denied. But she did tell me if I didn't get the email by the 3 week mark to call back and explain I've waited for 3 weeks and see the status of the application and if for some reason there was an error on their end then to fax it in and they would make my application a rushed priority.

So I'd say I'd agree with what the lady told me and just wait it out. Out of all the companies I have applied for, MUFE's wait felt like it took FOREVEEEEERRRRR. Probably because it seems like it's everyones most desired discount. But hopefully this card comes soon because I get paid this week and I need to do some kit restocking. Not to mention I need some new foundation for myself haha