Industry Professional Discounts

riotlove

still haven't gotten my mufe stuff
ssad.gif
really bummed

riotlove

ok kinda weirded out i guess. i got my catalog today and it was forwarded from my old address. it was only sent on the 10th of this month which that's fine, whatever. but i didn't receive a card with it just a congratulatory letter and the catalog. also it doesn't have prices, is there a way to look up prices?

i need to call and change my address as well so i could ask them then but i'm just wondering what to do or say?

BeautyByLele

Hello, I justed faxed over my app to MUFE, and I will update when I receive a response back.
Thanks

Also, I emailed UD inquiring about the MUA program, and I didnt hear from them so I called them and they stated they were currently working on a program and for me to check back later...

KaylaDMakeup

Thanks this was really helpful, but does anyone know if you can get these internationally?? I live in New Zealand and have contacted MUFE but have had no reply.

BeautyByLele

Thanks for your help guys, I received my MUFE catalog in the mail they said they were out of the backstage cards but my info is in the computer so I can place order anytime via telephone.

DownInAHole

Does anyone know out of these, which accept an Esthetician? I know MACPro, OCC & Illamasqua do...but I was curious if anyone else has applied as an esthetician? Thanks dolls!
bouquet.gif

DownInAHole

I am going to mail in my MUFE application this week, but I was just curious as to how much shipping was or does it depend on how much you buy? Thanks. :)

BeautyByLele

I was wondering does MUFE send out catalogs on a regular, although I havent placed an order yet and I received the catalog in Nov. ??? I noticed the catalog I got is from 2010. DOes any body have a 2011 catalog, just curious ??

Also I noticed the MUFE dicount program is valid for two years, has anyone renewed there's ??? If so what is the process?? Do they send you a letter telling you your membership is going to expire ??? TIA

mae13

Has there been any clarification on whether UD does or doesn't have a pro program?

Also, does anyone know if the Inglot pro discount transfers from the US to Canada?

KaiulaniMakeup

Has there been any clarification on whether UD does or doesn't have a pro program?

Also, does anyone know if the Inglot pro discount transfers from the US to Canada?
I emailed UD at [email protected] on April 5 and got no response. So I called their customer service and was told that they are currently working on putting one in place, but it is not available yet.

mae13

Thank you for the update!

For those who have applied for and received their MUFE card, how long did it usually take?

mae13

I got my MUFE Backstage Card in NY, but live in Montreal, and would like to order from the ProLoft here. But I think the card itself might be different. Mine doesn't have any kind of number on the back (I assume you're in their computer system or something?), whereas the pro-only login on the Canadian site requires a 5-digit number that is apparently on the back of the card.

So confused.

makeupbymoreno

Hi everyone! Total NEWBIE here, I am going to be finishing my makeup certification beginning of December, my question is, once I finish my classes, how difficult will it be for me to get PRO disounts as soon as I finish. Are these things that will take a while because I will need to build a portfolio first? I was thinking of building my makeup kit with items I can get a discount with, but I've been seeing things such as reference letters, tear sheets etc., and I obviously won't have any of those. Would a business card, ID, certifcate and maybe a reference letter from my instructor (she is a celebrity makeup artist, so I was thinking that may work??) be enough?

Sorry for the long post and a million questions!

Being a newbie it can all be sort of overwhelming at first, any help is greatly appreciated!

Marina

manthanoelle

What pro membership are you talking about hun? MAC? I wouldn't worry about a portfolio. None of my applications to pro memberships have been sent a portfolio. And I have numerous pro memberships.

And I know I went MIA after posting about MUFE's discount. But I have a sheet from their pro road show stating prices for MOST of their products. If anyones interested in seeing it let me know and I can scan it.

makeupbymoreno

MAC, MUFE, Cinema Secrets are a few of the brands I was thinking of....

I'd love to see the price list!

So I guess I don't need to stress about not having a portfolio then? Thanks so much!!!!!

manthanoelle

I'll try to get it scanned today.

You always want to have a portfolio but really all you need is the documents listed in the application dont worry about going above it. No one every asks for a portfolio I think the only brands I can think of off the top of my head who look for a portfolio is OCC, NARS, and Camera Ready Cosmetics.

I was super paranoid about not getting my MUFE card (as far the the international issue mentioned, I would say call MUFE Canada and explain to them and have them issue you a Canadian card they should be able to verify this information in their system or confirm it with MUFE US) but it was a lot easier than I expected. Its funny because even though I know I have credentials for all the applications I still get paranoid that I'll get turned down.

Another site I think everyone should look into applying for is Naimie's. I think we all have heard of Naimie's but they have a pro application where you get 20% off of everything and increased discounts on some brands. And you can either call and place an order or do so by email. Which over all is a lot more convenient than applying for a discount for every brand they sell... heres their discount list

Hairdo 30%
HairUWear -POP 30%
Temptu (sets & kits 20%) 30%
Bobbi Brown 40%
Cover FX 40%
Croc 40%
DEX New York 40%
DuWop 40%
Ego Hair Tools 40%
Eve Pearl 40%
GHD 40%
Izunami Irons 40%