Industry Professional Discounts

riotlove

thanks so much for the info. i guess if 3 weeks passes i'll call them then!

do you have to have the card in order to call and get the discount? or will it work anyway because you were already approved? i imagine it'd be in their system haha.

please update when you get it! i'm a geek and am totally excited just to see what their card looks like. since mac changes theirs every year. hah

manthanoelle

I will totally update you soon as I get it.
I don't think I NEED to have the card since if I am in the system then they can look me up. I am just personally waiting because they said they were sending me a catalog and I want to know the prices of certain things since not all of their items are on Sephora so I can't figure out how much the discounts would be for certain products
ssad.gif
and hahaha I am sort of putting together a shopping list so the catalog is needed. Hopefully I get this letter tomorrow or saturday, if not then monday.

but soon as I get it I'll update you on it
smiles.gif

riotlove

oh no, a catalog too?! eeeps. i checked and i sent it 7/7 so hopefully i hear back before the end of the month. if i don't then i guess i'll call!

thanks for the input!

manthanoelle

Sigh, the card is rather boring but IT'S HERE!

The catalog, is a fail. Well... it doesn't list prices which is what I mainly wanted. But, it states EVERYTHING they sell. EVVVVVVVERYTHING. All the brushes, sponges, bags, palettes, everything with pictures and swatches. They even have the labshines in it.

I think I am going to scan it and put it up on my blog later today, or maybe tomorrow. I can PM you when it's up if you want
smiles.gif

front
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19...e/fd885cae.jpg

back
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19...e/5f1f770b.jpg

riotlove

i have your blog on my feeds so hopefully i see it! i like the card tho haha. thanks for showing it!

so how long from when you were approved till you received do you know off the top of your head?

manthanoelle

it took 10 days. it's sad that I totally know this 100%. they emailed me the 6th saying I got it and I got it today, except I realized the letter that came with it... it was dated the 10th. So they probably didn't even end up sending it til the 11th.

riotlove

way bummed, just called. the girl didn't ask any of my info or anything but just said they must not have received it and i need to fax it.

such a bummer cuz now i'm being forced to move so i gotta wait until i have a few address. crap.

riotlove

whoop! just got a random email(after being told they never got my app) saying i was approved! i'm worried cuz i had to move quickly so i was just going to reapply but i'm hoping it'll be forwarded.

yay!

manthanoelle

YAY! Congrats hun!

If you don't get it you can always call the boutique and be like erm, can you resend it please?

riotlove

i emailed the email back and she said to call end of the week to update my address since they should have my info in by then. yay! now if only all my stuff would get here like now! i'm waiting on a new cell phone, a swap package and my mufe stuffs! yay!

manthanoelle

I still havent ordered from MUFE :-X
I really need to. The idea of having to call and place an order just uhhhh NOT happy about.

MUFE needs a pro site like MAC.

riotlove

yeah that'd be better but eitherway i need stuff so i'll deal eventually. i hate phone calls. and right now i can't make them(current phone gets NO reception at new house, hopefully new phone gets here tomorrow) so we'll see.

did you see about mac changing their pro site? i got an email saying we'll be able to order from maccosmetics.com too

manthanoelle

I freaked out and was like OMG I didn't get that email! But haha I just went and logged in and realized it's for an old email that was tied to my old cellphone which I don't know the password to :-x

did it say how we log in? cause they had tons of those mini sampler kits on the regular site which I would LOVE to have since the smaller the items in my kit the happier I am.

riotlove

mini sampler kit what? i never go on the regular website. hmm

i'm searching my box now to see if it's still in the trash.

oops apparently yahoo empties trash for you at midnight :/ lame

i dunno it said they're revamping the macpro.com site and something about soon we'll be able to order from maccosmetics.com and be able to get reg and pro products.

dunno why or how this all works out though.

manthanoelle

Hmmm interesting.

It was around Christmas so I don't know if it would apply w/ the discount. But they had a small kit that had a mini fix+, whatever the oil remover is, and some other mini stuff in it. It was just cute. And I am weird. I have generic mini spritzer bottles I got from the dollar store which do the job. But I am a package slut so if I can have a more compact cute version of my products which are normally packaged in larger bottles than I am a sucker and spend money that I don't need.

I reallllllllly hope they don't redo the pro site to be like the regular site. DO NOT LIKE.

BUT a beneficial thing would be if you got a MAC online giftcard and could use the giftcard someone bought for you but still be able to use your membership discount when you go to redeem it since you can't do that on the pro site.

riotlove

ooh ya i'd do the same! i love mini original bottles. i hate generic packaging/not original for some reason. it bugs me so bad. so lame.

ugh yes i HATE the regular site. it's sooo hard to navigate!

i was told gift cards can't be used period with your discount. that's what i was told in the pro store at caesars a few times. but maybe that's bad info+

Alessa06

Sorry to bud into the convo, but this new Pro discount on maccosmetics.com thing has me intrigued/confused.
th_confused_new.gif

Here's a copy/paste of the exact email:

COMING SOON!
In the next few weeks, we will be updating the M·A·C PRO Website with a brand new look as well as these new features:
Simplified sign in makes it easier to login to view content and products.
Shop M·A·C and M·A·C Pro Products using your Pro discount at maccosmetics.com!
Connect, share and network with Pro Members around the world.
Plus, more to come...

I tried loging in on maccosmetics.com but it just pulled up the account that I had before I became a Pro member. I guess we'll just have to wait and see (damn, I hate having to be patient lol)...