Infomercial items (What are the ones you liked and disliked?)

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
The Snuggie is the world's biggest joke. I laugh when I watch the infomercial. "And if you call now, we'll throw in this little book light...absolutely FREE!"

Just go buy a blanket.

That's easy to say when you live in nice warm CA!!
winks.gif
I live in Canada and it gets mighty cold here in the winter. They may make you feel stupid but they do keep you cozy!
yes.gif

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
That's easy to say when you live in nice warm CA!!
winks.gif
I live in Canada and it gets mighty cold here in the winter. They may make you feel stupid but they do keep you cozy!
yes.gif

It may just be the way the infomercial is presented. It's cheesy. With 19 bucks or whatever they charge, wouldn't a blanket be more versatile? or perhaps a large sweatshirt + sweat pants?
yes.gif

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
It may just be the way the infomercial is presented. It's cheesy. With 19 bucks or whatever they charge, wouldn't a blanket be more versatile? or perhaps a large sweatshirt + sweat pants?
yes.gif

I agree, it's extremely cheesy! I wear a t-shirt, sweatshirt, sweatpants, thick fuzzy socks and then still use the snuggie!!
yes.gif
Like I said I am always cold! I think I need to move to CA.

What I like about the Snuggie are the sleeves. When you're cuddled under a blanket you don't have your arms free...with the Snuggie you do! I just NEVER let anyone see me with it...how embarassing. Well, except the hubbie and he loves me crazy snuggie and all!
th_LMAO.gif

xxsgtigressxx

Ped-egg: LOVE it, works so well but I need replacement files because after a while it gets dull. It is gross though when you pour out all your dead foot skin haha

Smooth away: Just bought it yesterday, it actually works I couldn't even believe it. My only complaints are that it rubbed away my sunless tanner, and one pad only does both legs below my knees and then it needs to be replaced because it gets like dull. I don't want to buy a pad everytime I want to remove body hair. Doesnt work on course hair though, but my legs were so smooth and I just used it watching tv, no mess and smooth legs!

Magic Bullet: I would have been lost in college without this. It made my protein smoothies and everything else so easy.

Oxi-clean: Works wonders at getting makeup stains out of carpets!

Sham wow- I dont have this but someone I know bought it and said it sucked.

Pro-activ: I loved this, kept my skin so nice and clear but it started giving me fine lines and wrinkles (which I looked up and found out it is a side effect) so I stopped. I get more chin break outs now but I'd rather have those than wrinkles.

Bare minerals: love

Pediclaw thingy: Got it for Porkchop the friendly bulldog and she is afraid of it, but I just man handle her and it works I suppose but it takes forever.

melozburngr

I want EVERYTHING I see in those damn informercials. I'm always like- I could SO use that!!!

Watch "Pitchmen" on Discovery Channel- its all about the infomercial guys, its rather interesting to watch!

Willa

@ chocolategoddes : Guess what I found at my parent's place?

The Pedi Paws!!!
I laughed so hard, remembering the Mad Tv Sketch
th_LMAO.gif

chiquilla_loca

-oooh! many years ago i purchased the ab shocking belt. can't remember how much i paid, but it didn't work, but having others put it on & feel the shocks was kinda fun!
-i also bought some cd set that was supposed to hypnotize me into weight loss! ha! i think it was endorsed by The Mommies (a tv show from the 90's)
-nad's hair removal, i remember trying to wax myself and ended up bruising my skin!
-bought space bags! they must have had an air leak, cause it would shrink up, but when i removed the vacuum nozzle the air would go back in, even with the cap on!
-body bare bikini shaver. big waste! horrible results. a new razor & shaving cream works better!
-the only thing that did work for me really well was this! (see pic below)
this isn't the actual product but very similar, it really did wonders on my abdomen!
sportsdirection_2015_2130107.gif

geez i get suckered into quite a few infomercials!
here's an extensive product list:
AsSeenOnTV.com - The Official Site for As Seen On TV - Best Prices! - Order Now! 866-277-3366

amber_j

I'm a sucker for infomercials! I don't remember the proper names for everything, but here goes.

Oxiclean - didn't work for me. On anything.

Nads - love it, the only 'waxing' system I used that pulled out every one of my super fine leg hairs.

George Foreman grills - brilliant. Never bought one as I had too much kitchen stuff at the time, but I like to use my sister's and friends' when I go round for meals.

Slendertone - even with regular exercise and careful eating, this did nothing but shock me. Fail.

Some cooking pot thing that allegedly allowed you to cook everything in one pot (e.g. pasta bakes, whole roast chicken, cornbread, chocolate sponge...) - it didn't cook anything... at all! I wrote an angry letter of complaint accusing them of false advertising and got a full refund, shipping and all.

Rotating spice holder - very handy, I still use it now 6 years later.

I'm sure there's been more... lol

LoveVictoria

Re: Infomercial items (What the ones that worked and the ones that were useless for y

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Proactiv: Worked for a while, and then made my acne so bad I used to cry if I had to go out in public! (lol what a sob story! my acne is all better now... thank-you lush!)

Magic Bullet: My boyfriends family has one of these... its okay... but its nothing spectacular. I tried to chop up some onions and peppers while making vegetarian lasagna at their house, and it didn't work... Its fine for smoothies though.

I think those are the only two I have tried... I try never to get sucked into those things, I do like watching them sometimes though... and I want to try shamwow one day!

blindpassion:
I had the same problem with Proactiv! Can you please tell me what Lush products your use on your face and what each item improved in your skin!? Please I am desperate!!!

hello_kitty

Ped Egg rocks!

OxyClean is obviously wonderful, too.

I'll also proudly admit to owning a Snuggie! My friend and I saw them on sale during a late night grocery store ice cream run and had to buy them for the lulz.