Inglot Cosmetics - European/Polish brand

jenizzle

Anyone find that their eyeliner pots dry out like there's no tomorrow? It's really annoying and makes them impossible to use after a few weeks
ssad.gif

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenizzle
Anyone find that their eyeliner pots dry out like there's no tomorrow? It's really annoying and makes them impossible to use after a few weeks
ssad.gif

I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this also- their liner pot was going to be the first item I would grab going into the store. It looks to be even darker than Blacktrack. I don't want it if it's going to dry out though.

roLLerGrrL

I haven't had my Inglot Gel Eyeliners long enough to know, but I'm happy to tell you of any changes.

I'm storing them (and my Stila Smudge Pots) upside down inside a plastic container, & turn them upside down when applying them (after loading the eyeliner brush) so they're not exposed to air for too long.

CarolineK

Does anyone know the prices of Inglot in England? I really wanna try some of the products but I'm not sure whether I should buy here (in Australia) or wait until I visit London at the end of the year, if I can possibly get them cheaper.

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineK
Does anyone know the prices of Inglot in England? I really wanna try some of the products but I'm not sure whether I should buy here (in Australia) or wait until I visit London at the end of the year, if I can possibly get them cheaper.

Hi Caroline,

I know of bloggers who have bought things from Inglot so I've just taken this info from their blogs:

The brush cleaner is £5 but I have heard that it isn't really too good, I am talking about the quick cleaner, whereby you just spray it on and it cleans brushes.

A freedom palette of either 3 or 5 eyeshadows is £15 and you can have a brush put in there (can't remember if that costs more or is "free")

Lipsticks are £7 and pressed powders are £10.

They do a slimmer version of the lipsticks but I think they're about £8.

I am popping down to Westfields shortly so will try and get a pricelist and paste it into this thread if I can.

Dekadencija

Inglot is opening their first store (the day after tomorrow, yay!) in Croatia and I can't wait to buy their shadows! I love lipsticks so I hope that I'll like those too, so far no one could top MAC!

roLLerGrrL

Inglot is opening their first store (the day after tomorrow, yay!) in Croatia and I can't wait to buy their shadows! I love lipsticks so I hope that I'll like those too, so far no one could top MAC!

Very exciting Dekadencija! I hope they have some great opening specials for you!

Almost black.

So, last week Inglot came to Croatia finally!
heart.gif

I was there at the opening and I must say I'm thrilled! I've been reading about this brand for such a long time and I'm so glad I finally got the chance to try their products and of course, to purchase some as well. :)

Their prices are really reasonable (especially compared to some other brands here in Croatia where everything is really expensive) and here are some prices for example:
- single e/s - $13 (65 kuna)
- AMC cream blushes - $15 (75 kuna)
- lipsticks and sleeks lipglosses - $15 (75 kuna)
- freedom system e/s - round $8 (40 kuna), square $11 (55 kuna) (I got myself a 10 e/s round palette and it was approx $70, but you get 20% off at the moment)
- foundations are $20 - $26 (100 - 130 kuna)
- nail polish - $13.50 (68 kuna)

Anyway, I think they are affordable. Their store looks AMAZING! And I really like that you can try everything and that they have disposable lipgloss and mascara wands. :)

I also swatched some products:
- eyeshadow freedom system - link
- AMC Cream Blush - link

I'll post my palette once I take photos (it's bad weather today, no light unfortunately :( )

banana1234

i fail to understand why people dislike inglot for being too much like mac?!

maybe a bit of healthy competition will force mac to buck up their ideas, stop increasing their prices so much and start coming out with new, better products

inglot has been around for years, not as long as mac though, but mac don't own the rights to black.. alot of make up stores use black and white as their decor theme, think smashbox, chanel, no.7, gosh, to name but a few.

take a chill pill!

i've got a few products from inglot and they've been really good, their eyeshadows have awesome pigmentation, you guys should check it out!

jenizzle

I don't see them releasing a lot of new products which can be quite frustrating! They've just opened another stand in Dundrum TC in Dublin if any of you are out that way. It's only down the road from me which is dangerous!

Dekadencija

I bought their gel eyeliner today, so far so good! I took some effort to be opaque but my eyelids were a bit greasy and slippery and I used a new brush, I may have some time to get used to it... I love their colors, I'm coming back for red eyeliner!

wittynickname

I only came across Inglot at the Forum Shops in Las Vegas. At first I thought it was some small company, and not a multinational chain. Sadly they have not yet opened up in Canada outside of Quebec. I purchased the nail polish, and I go through a lot of nail polish because I need to do a LOT of excel spreadsheets and consequently the nail polish is constantly being chipped. The stores do look like MAC stores, but I really cannot blame them for having a neutral color palette, as it would allow the customers to focus on the colors of their products.

DILLIGAF

I bought the 10 pan freedom palette this weekend in NY. I went home and had to go the store in Times Square even though they are going to open one near me pretty soon. In addition to the palette I got 2 gel eyeliners and one of the AMC lipglosses. The pigmentation on these is INSANE!!!!! Seriously my sister and I were in awe at how much color was deposited with one swipe of the finger. I can't wait for the new store to open in Aventura so I can get my hands on MORE of the gel eyeliners. They will make PERFECT bases. All in all this is a brand to keep an eye on.

roLLerGrrL

but I really cannot blame them for having a neutral color palette, as it would allow the customers to focus on the colors of their products.
Not sure I understand this. They don't (usually*) have pre made palettes. You get to put your own palettes together.

*I saw prepaid palettes once but they were sale items with the old palette - all had bright colours.

roLLerGrrL

I bought their gel eyeliner today, so far so good! I took some effort to be opaque but my eyelids were a bit greasy and slippery and I used a new brush, I may have some time to get used to it... I love their colors, I'm coming back for red eyeliner!

Which colour did you get? I have two Gel Eyeliners. The dark brown is easy to use, the light purple was harder to apply the first time I used it, but was easier after that for some reason? I'm wondering if perhaps their lighter colours are different?

Dekadencija

#83. I like the color but it turns out, it's blue. It looked purple to me in the store. It's really longwearing and smudge proof, I'm just not crazy about the faact you have to build up the color not being opaque enough, like fluidline is for me, at least. I hope it will get better like in your case
sigh.gif

roLLerGrrL

#83. I like the color but it turns out, it's blue. It looked purple to me in the store. It's really longwearing and smudge proof, I'm just not crazy about the faact you have to build up the color not being opaque enough, like fluidline is for me, at least. I hope it will get better like in your case
sigh.gif

I remember that one! When I was looking for the perfect purple I swatched all of the similar looking Inglot gel eyeliner shades in a row & noticed that one looked purpleish in the jar, but next to the others was blue.

I'm having more luck with the light purple. I find it's easier to get an opaque colour with a small brush, rather than the flat eyeliner brush.

wittynickname

Sorry, I was alluding to the color palette of the store itself, not the color of the palettes you buy. I was initially responding to a previous poster who thought Inglot was a MAC ripoff because their stores had an austere black/white color combo. Let's just say a store selling makeup should keep its interior color palette restrained, as they would not want to overwhelm the effect of the makeup's color.

I was thinking of the interior design, and not the product itself.

roLLerGrrL

Ahh right... yes that makes sense... I don't see what other choice there is. Black is the best (non) colour to show other colours against. White would be hard to clean, any other colours may clash with the colours they're trying to sell. Maybe someone who's been to Poland can tell us how long they've had the current design, but even if it's only recent, black is the logical neutral colour. Let the fanbois believe what they want.