Inglot Cosmetics - European/Polish brand

dobedumb

Re: Inglot cosmetics - Euro/Polish line new to NA?

clap.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by you.nique
hi there girlies
smiles.gif

i'm so glad to hear that you have a pro-16 pallette! i work for INGLOT and so far canada has been so awsome with the arrival our company. it's a very competitive industry, but we are quickly gaining new clients from all across canada! we have been in NA for about 10 months now, and have about 9 stores across the country. we also just opened our doors to the UK and australia. the company itself though has been in poland for 26 years! if you have any questions about INGLOT or our products please feel free to ask
smiles.gif

lol.gif
I love inglot!!! i have their 16 pallette...the smaller pallette for 75...
and all of the freedom system pallettes that had the greens, blues, purples, pinks and browns........ its amazing

the lipstick is great also!!!!!!! not to mention the pigments
cheerleader.gif

redambition

Allllllrighty - an Inglot store opened up pretty close to me just last week and i've checked it out today. i had a great MA who was super helpful and happy to just spend time showing me everything. here's the reconaissance details:

she told me that their brushes are manufactured at the same place that does the MAC brushes. I checked out the brushes quite closely and this could well be true (i think it is). the ferrules are remarkably similar, the handles are of a similar quality, and most importantly, their kabuki brush looks identical to the MAC 182, and feels just as soft. i haven't felt a kabuki that soft anywhere else. because this is a new store, their display kabuki was still in new-ish condition. i've bought the kabuki so i'll have to report back. as an aside - the brushes are cheaper than MAC's, but the range isn't as extensive.

all the e/s i tested had good colour payoff and good texture. (they even have a red e/s - yay!) the best bit is the pro 5 freedom palette - the pans fit in the MAC palettes!
cheerleader.gif
you do need to add a magnet if you want to put an inglot pan into a MAC palette, as inglot have the magnet in the palette and make the pan out of metal to stick.

i tried putting mac shadows in the pro 5 palette and it went ok - they didn't stick too well, but i'm guessing it's because i have really crappy magnets on mine (DIY pans from depotting). when i stuck an ELF e/s (pre-made pan) in there it didn't budge and stayed perfectly.

the pro 5 freedom palette itself is an absolute winner. the lid has a clear strip of plastic at the top which exposes what colours are stored in it. the rest of the lid is mirrored on the inside, and the palette has a space for a brush. inglot do sell a brush to fit, and i *think* that the 213SE or the 213SE that comes with the MAC holiday palettes would fit. I don't have a 213SE so i can't measure it. The SE length definitely fits, but the 239SE is too bulky and the lid won't close. the pro 5 freedom palette can be bought separately, but they don't really tell you this, they try and make you buy it filled with e/s.

i've tried their foundation and received a sample - it's not too bad, i'll see how it goes with a trial. their make up primer is perfect for me, but won't be for everyone as it's just a silicon-based clear gel.

especially for Lara: they do colour correctors in a creamy/liquidy form. it's more the consistency of moisturecover than select coverup, but it's still liquid.

all in all, i was pretty impressed with the product range they have available, their price is a bit cheaper than MAC (also good) and they're expanding so there are going to be more stores around soon.

great, now i have a new makeup brand to be addicted to
greengrin.gif

chipmunkvoice

I believe there will be an Inglot at Chadstone for any Melbourne aussies who are interested.
With all the replies here... now i really want to go check them out for myself

redambition

chipmunkvoice - the MA i spoke to today said that they have plans for a total of 40 locations nationwide is Australia
smiles.gif

Regalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettipolish
I can not stand inglot or whatever, I walked into the one at metrotown trying to test out a eye shadow and I ask the make up artist what is the quality like, and how does it compare to mac, nars, or stila
SHE HAD NEVER EVEN HEARD OF STILA OR NARS!

I obviously don't know where you're located, but I've been "into" cosmetics, mildly, for maybe a year and a half, two years, moreso in the last six months, and I only heard of stila ( as a brand, specifically ) maybe four months ago. So it could just be that. Also, it would seem that Inglot have a hiring policy towards their MA's that is somewhat more... relaxed than, say, M·A·C. Personally, I'm having a hard time judging a brand just because they have an employee who's a little ignorant of the other brands that exist in the world. *shrug*

Ella_ - you're located in Australia, yeah? What're the prices like over here? Last time I was down in Sydney visiting my mom I saw that an Inglot store had opened in Bondi Junction, but we didn't have much time to stop and look :{ however, I've just moved back into NSW ( from QLD D: ) so I sorta want to make the hour drive to go check it ouuuut.

Ella_

Yeah Im in Brisbane
smiles.gif

The prices are pretty reasonable. Their pigments are $25 for 2grams which is expensive but I pay it because I react to every other pigment brand Ive tried - and the colour range and payoff is great too so to me its worth it.

Individual eyeshadow range from $19 to $25 - the $25 ones have more pigment in them. Hilight and bronzing powders are $32.95, lip products from memory were cheaper than MAC - all under $30, liquid liners were $20 and the palettes were $45 for a 5 shadow, $75 for the small freedom system and $160 for the large one.

Ive a bunch of Inglot stuff, I'll go hunting for my camera and take some pics of the stuff I have and do some swatches onto white paper.

Regalis

Eee, ta for that. I think I want to get the freedom system... it's just the same colours as in the round pans in rectangular ones, yes/no?

( As a sidenote, I just left Brisbane! My partner got a better job back home and I was pleased to go before the Queensland summer set in O.O did you get hit by that monster storm that smashed part of Brissy? )

Ella_

Not all the round shadows are available in the rectangular pans, there are about 8 or 9 duotone shades that arent available in the other pans. There are also a lot more shadows available in the rectangular pans than there are in the round ones too.

Also face powders and blushes are available in the freedom palettes, in 2 formulas - matte and lightly frosted.

I'll get the pics for you tonight, Im waiting on my camera batteries to charge
smiles.gif

And no I didnt get the storms where I am, Im on the north of Brisbane out near Chermside. It was the western suburbs that got the thrashing, Indooroopilly and out near Kenmore got it really bad.

redambition

welcome back to NSW regalis
winks.gif

(qld is good too, the summers are a killer though - not looking forward to going up there in january, i'm going to melt!)

i have to do some more snooping at inglot to figure out the e/s thing. the big pots seem to translate over to the rectangular shaped freedom system. the small round AMC pots translate over to the pro 5 freedom system. it's a pity the whole range doesn't come in all of the different sizes, there are some fab colours.

their foundation seems to be oil based, so it may not work out for me as my skin has issues with that stuff. the colour they gave me was also significantly darker than my MAC foundation... and it was their lightest shade. it's not looking good for the foundation, which is a pity because it's got good wear and is really smooth to apply.

Ella_

I had a look on the backs of the pans in the freedom palettes I have are from both the regular and AMC range and the small round pans are marked as 'Shine'. There are some of the shine colours in the rectangular pans too but not all are available in those pans. I'll ask about it next time I pass the store and find out what the deal is with the different pan styles.

I have their liquid foundation, which I love, from memory its dimethicone based and not oil based. I need a new one soon so I'll check the ingredients list when I get the new one to be sure. The cream to powder foundations are really oily feeling though, pretty sure they are oil based - same with the cream blushes.

I'll ask for an ingredients list next time Im instore, the girls at my nearest store are pretty good about giving me the lists because theyve seen how seriously I react to certain products.

Ella_

Oh and I'll have to post my swatches tomorrow, thunderstorms are messing with the power here and Im writing this on my sidekick / hiptop phone thingy..

Regalis

Heh, thanks redambition. I liked QLD, but the summers killed me so bad
ssad.gif
Especially the humidity - forget about wearing foundation when it's 35 C and 70% humidiy D:

I'm pretty happy with my foundation, for all that it's not a higher quality brand ( covergirl Trublend <333 never made me break out, and I've always gotten decent wear out of it ) so I'm not really fussed about looking for a new one at Inglot ( though that's not to say I won't pass up one that gives better wear. hmm ). I really do want to try their blushes and eyeshadows and brushes out though!

@ Ella_ - Jesus, be safe :S there's been mention of how bad the weather up there in the news down here, so it must be pretty awful. ( and omfg sidekick? Are you with telstra, because I've heard vague things about it being a good deal, but I whenever I pass a telstra shop I forget to check it out )

foxyqt

we have just recently had this store open up in my country.. i havent bought anything from them yet but i know many people who have & they really like it! they have gorgeous glitters & nail polishes =) the color selection is HUGE!

ChanelAddicted

I own a couple of Inglot product.

I love the nail polish, they have a great color selection. I got one lip gloss, but it's really sticky, too bad because i loveeee the color! I tried their pressed powders and blushes but found them way too chalky for my taste. The eyeshadows were chalky also, but they never ever crease on me, so that's a big plus. I got a palette from them a while ago with eyeshadows, blush and pressed powder, but i think i'll change it to only eyeshadows. I think Inglot is fun for trying new colors (but don't worry MAC, I still love you hehe).

Here's my Freedom Palette:

Photo.jpg

sharon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
their kabuki brush looks identical to the MAC 182, and feels just as soft. i haven't felt a kabuki that soft anywhere else. because this is a new store, their display kabuki was still in new-ish condition. i've bought the kabuki so i'll have to report back. as an aside - the brushes are cheaper than MAC's, but the range isn't as extensive.

Hi

Can you tell me more about the brushes. I am from the UK and they havent opened their store yet. Do you have pics of the Kabuki brush.

Thanks

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon7
Hi

Can you tell me more about the brushes. I am from the UK and they havent opened their store yet. Do you have pics of the Kabuki brush.

Thanks

I don't have any pics of it yet - but I can take some this weekend
smiles.gif
I'll post a link when I get them up.

I also have their powder brush and it is soft as. I've gone through so many powder brushes as I have sensitive skin and most of them hurt. This one is just perfect.

their foundation brush is also great. I've had it used on my face and it worked really well, and the bristles are nice and soft, yet still have enough stiffness to be able to work the foundation properly. I haven't bought it as I already have a foundation brush that I am content with.

I've played with some of their e/s brushes as well, but can't justify the purchases yet. they also seem to be quite good.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_emc
Does anyone know if their make-up artist discount is available in Australia?

i was at inglot with a friend of mine today (she's an MA) and she asked this very question!

it's not available yet, but they hope to be able to offer it in the near future.

sharon7 - i am so sorry. i haven't forgotten about the photo. i had my brush all ready to photograph last weekend and my SO's flatmate had borrowed my camera... my camera lives at his house.
ssad.gif
i should have better luck this weekend.

Latest posts