Inglot Cosmetics - European/Polish brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangeli
I've been curious about this brand since the company that I work for just did some advertising for them. I get a 15% discount here so I'm tempted to go to the First Canadian Place location in Toronto to check it out.

Wait.. what advertising?
Bentley (who owns the Canadian Inglots) its usually dead set against putting out the $ for advertising.

Re: Inglot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
These stores are opening everywhere..and I swear I feel like I am walking into MAC everytime.....They even have a picture of an eyeshadow at the bottom of their window that reads (no joke ) "AMC"
The whole design is arranged like at MAC's with black, very minimal packaging...The "artists" too are are suppose to dress in black like at MAC....This store started out in Polland I think, and is now spreading EVERYWHERE in North America....You can sure bet the people at MAC are pissed....Its a total copy of every concept MAC has ever thought of...I'm not sure if people are buying into it but it's annoying to see what an "inyourface" copy of MAC this new "professional" makeup brand is...

HAHAHA Oh this made me laugh.
First off, appearance: MAC=wood finish on everything, where as Inglot is all black.
The "artists" (what's with the quotations? MUAs at Inglot actually have to have gone to school for that-- all you need to work at MAC is good suction and placement on someone's ass) wear all black.. like MAC? HA! Try like EVERY Pro makeup line (excepting Clinique who throws a white labcoat over top) It's a MUA thing, not a MAC thing. Even in school, you wear all black because it keeps the focus on the makeup.
AMC is not
'omg lets rearrange the letters of MAC and confuse people!' It stands for Advanced Makeup Component, which are the products with no fillers. Again obviously not copying MAC because their products are loaded with talc.
As for this "new" makeup company, it is OLDER than MAC, and no it's not spreading ALL over North America, as there are no stores in the States at all.
But goood try, thanks for coming out.
Maybe try a little research before mindlessly flaming something and making a fool of yourself next time.

girloflowers

i have a question!

What is talc and why is it evil? i was seriously considering buying MAC products, but you all seem to agree that Inglot doesnt ahve talc in it and this is a good thing?

Also, can anyone do an in depth revew of the foundations? So far i like them, and im considering saving up and buying a few different shades (plus the primer etc) to put in my collection, I'm not a pro but i do my friends makeup for formals and stuff and i'd be nice for them not to ahve crappy drugstore stuff used on their faces anymore.

Talc is just a filler. Basically what it means is when you take a swipe of a colour and there's no talc, you'll see whatever colour was in your palette. The more talc that's in the eyeshadow, The more times you have to layer on the shadow to see the pigmentation you want. Throughout the day the colour can fade because more of the talc is showing through, and it will slip and crease more easily the more filler is in it.

As for the foundations-- yaay! They're fantastic. Especially the new YSM liquid foundations. I used to just wear their cream to powder cause it was the heaviest coverage, the new liquids are sooo soft and make even MY face even and glowy. And if I ever need a tad of extra coverage, I just set it with their AMC powder.

But I never wear anything without their under makeup base. It's not silicon BASED like a lot of other ones, it's JUST silicons. It fills in pores amazingly (without clogging them, mind you) so the makeup doesnt sit in your pores and looks a lot smoother. Its a great barrier so makeup of ANY brand never has to touch your skin (great for sensitive skin)... and among the other features, the best for me is that is ABSORBS excess oils that you produce throughout the day, so no constant blotting or powdering
greengrin.gif

anjelik_dreamin

The only thing I have from Inglot so far is the 5 eye shadow palette, but I love it! Anything I put on my eyes usually creases at least a TINY bit by the end of a particularly sweaty day, but not Inglot! They last and last. I have found that I need to swipe it a few times, but I think this is because I'm used to loose pigments (Fyrinnae). I'm going to a little workshop night at the Fountain Gate store in Melbourne in late Febuary and I plan to get a few pigments, because every one I've tested on my arm was AMAZING!

Also, I've never encountered a rude MUA there. Megan at Fountain Gate is fantastic, and the girl who served me at Chadstone was nice too. IMO they're waaaaay nicer than the girls I've encountered at MAC. All in all, I love Inglot to bits, and when I go to the workshop night I plan on purchasing LOTS of pigments.

Has anyone tried the shimmerbrick type things? They look really interesting, and they're way cheaper than Bobbi Brown here. Opinions on Blushes/Lipsticks would be great too!

Madeleine

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_dre
I went to the INGLOT location at the Rideau Center, here in Ottawa, and the store looks very pretty! I bought a 5 shadow palette... and although there are some nice colors, I find that the pigmentation of them isn't all that great. I bought a liner brush there, and i love it! What I love about them though is how their brushes are not super expensive, and still relatively good! Other than that, meh... I'll stick to MAC, but I might pick up a few colors from there once in a while if they jump out at me

I haven't used Inglot for at least 15 years.Went to Rideau Centre yesterday (in the snowstorm) to INGLOT store tempted by rainbow of colors peeking at me from the inside,nearly calling, and familiar name brand and of course pure curiousity what brought them here? The colors are certainly tempting,but the pigmentation is not good - couldn't agree more,and color is not going to last no matter what.So in this particular matter nothing has changed over the years.
Haven't tried any of their other products.Maybe in the future - not so soon though,because came back home with nice 12 pieces MAC haul
thmbup.gif
(as always...how can I resist,how?)
yahoo.gif

lexiesupagirl

Hi everyone..
I live in Poland.. And honestly I had no idea Inglot has stores in any other country in the world except mine lol!
Inglot is like.. polish MAC only cheaper!! But still, the quality is very good..
If you want some info, pics or something just let me know..
winks.gif

xxx

ps: their brushes are the best ones ever. i have every single one of them, i like them even better than MAC brushes..
winks.gif

macmistress

Okay so girls I am here in Dubai for a holiday..If I was in England I was going to pop down to Nars and buy a fresh range of makeup..from lipglosses to eyeliners to body sparkles..to tools..primers,face correctors.blah blah blah
tong.gif

It just so happened that I am now in Dubai..and I remember coming last year to the Inglot store abd buying loads of vibrant liquid eyeliners and body sparkles whch I could put a hint on top of my eyeshadows if I am going out at night.

I went to the Burjuman Mall and checked their range out..and bwoyy their loose pigments are way better than Mac. The don't drop like Mac does..and the I am constantly cleaning my face from the annoying out of place glitters
greengrin.gif

Anyways I also looked at their mousse foundation..it was so light ...
shockt.gif
and so yummy! My oh my! But My skin is too light and they didn't have my colour. I am so upset boohoo!
cry.gif

Anyways can any of you dears explain to me what AMC and Freedom is? And how it differs from the other normal Inglot Makeup? The only pallette I saw there was the rectangular pans. Not the Round ones. Hmm..

C'mon girlies help me..I am only here for another 7 days.
ssad.gif

Oh and should I buy some Nars cosmetics too?! What do you think?

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmistress
Anyways can any of you dears explain to me what AMC and Freedom is? And how it differs from the other normal Inglot Makeup? The only pallette I saw there was the rectangular pans. Not the Round ones. Hmm..

Freedom is just the name they give to their palette-style shadows, blushes and powders. You get a palette and can fill it with whatever combination your heart desires (freedom, haha!)

They have rectangular and square e/s for the big square palettes. there is also a freedom 3 and 5 system that has the round shadows (same size as MAC) but i am not sure if this is available in all countries.

AMC is essentially their more pigmented, more advanced range. the products are a bit more expensive, the quantity is usually smaller than the non-AMC equivalent, but the colour payoff is meant to be better.

The australian Inglot website now has a lot of product info if you're interested in taking a look
smiles.gif
all prices are in AUD though.

Paramnesia

There's a inglot at chadstone (melbourne) which is right near where I live. I'm still not sure about the staying power but when I tested a few colours on my hand they lasted longer than the MAC swatches.
Personally I don't think they have a variety of finishes like MAC but I'm so biased lol.

Oh also they're not that much cheaper than MAC here.

macmistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
Freedom is just the name they give to their palette-style shadows, blushes and powders. You get a palette and can fill it with whatever combination your heart desires (freedom, haha!)

They have rectangular and square e/s for the big square palettes. there is also a freedom 3 and 5 system that has the round shadows (same size as MAC) but i am not sure if this is available in all countries.

AMC is essentially their more pigmented, more advanced range. the products are a bit more expensive, the quantity is usually smaller than the non-AMC equivalent, but the colour payoff is meant to be better.

The australian Inglot website now has a lot of product info if you're interested in taking a look
smiles.gif
all prices are in AUD though.

Hey there! Thank you so much for your help! Much appreciated!
yes.gif

On a sidenote I popped down to nars and they have some die hard colours
drools.gif

And the pink and grey pigments in Inglot are awesome and
drools.gif
lol...I think fair skinned people would suit i alot!
th_DANCE.gif

vocaltest

I personally really like Inglot. They've been here in the UK for a little while in a shopping centre near me and I guess in a way they are a cheap mac, but i find their colours really bold and come out well. Thats my opinion anyway! x

Babylard

theres one in burnaby bc in the big metrotown mall on the t&t side. the location they chose to open is not very popular so its hardly ever busy like the MAC store in the metropolis area. i imagine inglot would be more popular if they opened up in the metropolis area or at the guess area. i hardly go to the T&T side and im sure others are like that too.

their products are quite nice actually and their eyeshadows are bigger than MAC. i swatched a few once and they were very pigmented. they had this gorgeous hot pink. i have a gloss from them in #23 cream (strawberry/vanilla?) and it has a plumping effect. i bought it for $14 CA + tax. i think their prices are slightly cheaper than MAC but many of the items you get more product as well.

mae13

Woot!

The Inglot store at the Fairview location in Montreal is having an anniversary sale - 25% off everything in the store, and if you spend more than 30$ you get a free Elite card which entitles you to 10% for a year. The promo is good until the end of the month, and only at this location I think, since it was the first store in Canada. (Otherwise there's a 15% off coupon in Loulou magazine, which is what I was going to use originally.)

I took advantage and loaded up on e/s pans, ligloss, nail polish (in a beautifully pale, shimmery army green), cream blush and a super-soft powder brush. I may go back for more.