Inglot Cosmetics - European/Polish brand

mae13

I don't know if they have a comprehensive site up yet, other than the Australian one. It seems like they're growing a little slowly in that department.

These are some pics of my little haul (and I so want to go back for more cream blushes and lipglosses - there was not a single one that I swatched that wasn't gorgeous).

DSC03030.jpg

DSC03031.jpg

DSC03034.jpg

I was jonesing for some Parrot, but decided to get these two teal/turquoise colors instead. They swatched beautifully in the store, and the pans are nearly twice the size of MAC's, so it was worth it.

urbanD0LL

Im actually from Montreal and live like 15 minutes away from the mall , Fairview Pointe Claire where there's an inglot store ! I absolutely love their products . So much colors , well organized .. I just love it . I have a few of their products but I am planning on getting more for sure . I even got a my make up done there for my prom 2 years ago . But on to that student discount , this sounds very interesting . It's only a discount for students who study in cosmetics ? And daanng , 30% ?! That's great !

mae13

Some swatches of the blushes:

DSC03124.jpg

The pigmentation is amazing - they last a really long time, like up to 24 hours (until I took my shower the next day). And that's on my arm, with a sweater rubbing against it after I took the pictures.

They go on creamy, but dry down to a smooth and weightless finish. Not powdery, just dry to the touch.

sheri01bowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae13
So an Inglot stand-alone store just opened in my local mall (Fairview in the West island of Montreal) and I went in to have a look. It was crazy busy, so i didn't have a chance to test too much, but I did have a general look-around.

The packaging and presentation is VERY similar to MAC - black, sleek, with tester units for everything. It also looks like they have more stuff that MAC has (definately more nail polish), with a broad range of both neutrals and vibrant colors. I was really pretty impressed by the color selection.

They also have a palette for 16 pans - when you first purchase it is about 85$, and you can refill the pans for 4.50$ or so (the eyeshadow pots are about 14$, and both pans/pots are twice the size of MAC.) All CAD pricing. Generally speaking, it's about 10 to 30% cheaper than MAC.

I didn't have a chance to test anything extensively, and since this is an entirely new line on this side of the ocean, I'm wondering if any European folks have had a chance to test this stuff out. I know it's originally from Poland, so I'm not sure what sort of distribution they have in the EU, but any input would be welcome.

Hey i just saw an inglot store today when shopping in my local town i live in melbouren australia ive just moved here from england. I really liked it and also thought it was similiar to mac. I hope to become a proffesional make up artist.

sheri01bowers

Re: Inglot

Hi, im 18, 19 in october and hope to become a make up artist. I know i will have to save and go to make up school which is very expensive. If you dont mind me asking how did you become a make up artist and get to work for MAC? Did you go to make up school and how do you go about working for MAC, do they say you have to have a qualification in make up before you can work for them? I hope you dont mind me asking you all these questions. I have just moved from england to australia. Thank you sheri

sheri01bowers

I went to the austrlian inglot and was impressed by the amount of eyeshadows and nail polish's i did think it was like MAC. But it is a good make up store!
thmbup.gif
cutey.gif

christineeee_

i haven't been to one of the malls by my house since the end of december and i remember seeing an Inglot there, so i went to that mall and it wasn't there anymore
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
. i have a gloss from them in #23 cream (strawberry/vanilla?) and it has a plumping effect.

LOL
What, you mean that numbing sensation? That's not a plumping effect. They're actually not sure what causes it, but I love it all the same. Regardless, the tubes (Juice, Yogurt, and Creams) were discontinued almost immedietly after the metro location opened.

But ya.. so Inglot's closing, hey?
Big blow out sale... but very very sad.
They'd better get an online sales site up, cause I think I'll die otherwise!

And Sheri-- not suire why you're asking about being a MAC MUA in an Inglot thread?
But to work at MAC, no, you don't need any experience, you just need to be pretty. To work at a place like Inglot, YES you need to have gone to school and be a certefied and experienced MUA.

mae13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittersweet-bea
LOL
And Sheri-- not suire why you're asking about being a MAC MUA in an Inglot thread?
But to work at MAC, no, you don't need any experience, you just need to be pretty. To work at a place like Inglot, YES you need to have gone to school and be a certefied and experienced MUA.

Wow, stirring shit much?

Not only is that insulting, it's erroneous.

redambition

Quote:
LOLAnd Sheri-- not suire why you're asking about being a MAC MUA in an Inglot thread?

Wow, continuing your tirade against all MAC MUAs. Maybe if you lost the attitude they'd be nicer to you too.

Sheri is a brand new user (welcome Sheri!), so I am guessing she replied to this thread in error when trying to post a new thread. It still doesn't excuse your rude and incorrect comment.

I'm not saying "MAC artists suck so they must not be trained!"
I'm saying that to get a job at MAC, YOU DON'T NEED ANY SCHOOLING. It's not an insult, it's a fact.
Where as Inglot, as well as most makeup companies I've encountered, require you to have gone to school. Oh my!

mae13

Quote:
I'm saying that to get a job at MAC, YOU DON'T NEED ANY SCHOOLING. It's not an insult, it's a fact.
Where as Inglot, as well as most makeup companies I've encountered, require you to have gone to school. Oh my!

Actually it doesn't. My local Inglot has hired at least one girl who didn't have formal training/certification.

And your statement was not that people who are hired at MAC don't need schooling, but that "you don't need any experience, you just need to be pretty" - which is just plain shit-disturbing, not to mention insulting to the MAs. (They may have variable skill-levels and backgrounds, but as competitive as the application process is, I guarantee you nobody gets it because they're pretty. It's incredibly condescending of you to make that kind of statement.)

Look, I like Inglot (a lot actually), but there's no reason to make rude and erroneous statements about one brand in order to indicate your support of another. It doesn't paint you or that brand in any sort of lovely light.

So the problem was that I used Inglot as an example? Well i thought it was appropriate, as it was an Inglot thread. How about I edit to "NARS will only accept applicants with formal training" or "you need to have gone to school in order to work at MUFE." Stating the sky is blue is not a shit disturbing comment, nor is you don't need to be experienced (oh my! a fact!) just pretty (Wow, I've had trained MUA friends get turned from MAC because they weren't pretty enough. OMG how dare me NOT instead say "well you won't get hired if you're not pretty at MAC, but oh yeah, you can be a real Ugo AND work there!" The nerve of me and my horrible actual fact habit! They really should have meetings for this sort of non-compulsive lying!)

If the Inglot near you was in Canada, and hired someone who did not attend makeup school, then the manager did so against company policy. The furthest they can push it is to hire on someone CURRENTLY attending makeup school, and even then they are not allowed to do appointments.

It's the same with getting a pro discount. At Inglot you MUST include a photocopy of your diploma along with one other piece of industry ID (paystub, business card, call sheet, tear page, whatever). At MAC, you need two pieces of industry ID, but you DON'T need a diploma as one of them. (ie: call sheet and business card would be enough.. oh but wait, they don't care if you're qualified, because you're paying them for your discount!)

But I'm sure someone here will be equally as outraged that I ACTUALLY typed out pro discount requirements for two different stores.

goink

Quote:

Hmm...
I know plenty of cosmetics companies that hire people only because they sell well. They do, of course, give them proper floor training before they put them on the floor.
Why all this angst against MAC? Especially on a MAC forum?
Sorry babe, you're bound to get response if you talk with an attitude like that.

macmistress

erm duraline. Is it possible to buy that from a website? cos im bac in england now and they didnt have it when i was buying my inglot stuff
ssad.gif