Inglot Cosmetics - European/Polish brand

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeleine
Another question I would have if product so called Duraline is (more or less) the same as MAC mixing medium?
For mixing pigments etc?

Duraline is fairly similar to mixing medium. It's meant to make eyeliner out of powder products, but can be used to make pigments more vibrant.

wilhelmina

Hello ladies
winks.gif

I didn't even know that Inglot was so popular abroad! I live in Poland and the brand is treated here as a moderately cheap, yet very good one. It's sort of safe buying their cosmetics, because you know you'll not be utterly disappointed (and may be stunned quite often
greengrin.gif
). I remember the beginning of Inglot in Poland - it had tiny stands in drugstores with just a few lipglosses/eyeshadows/nail polishes to choose from. Yet ever since it's humble beginnings, Inglot has always put emphasis on nail polishes, which I truely recommend. I tried lots of different ones, including the super expensive, and I always come back to Inglot's. The range of colours is stunning! At the moment I'm wearing no 886, beautiful purple with tiny delicate golden sparkles
love.gif
. I recon that the next thing their counting on are eyeshadows. I do reccomed the tiny trios (the ones that are divided, not the trios in one round pan) and the single eyeshadows as well as the ones from which you can create the pro 5/3 palettes. Considering the big pro palettes (the ones witch square eyeshadows), I personally hate them. I know that their quality should be exact same as those tiny round ones, yet, in some weird magical way, it isn't so. I had one big palette with eyeshadows only and I hated it. The consistency as well as pigmentation of the eyeshadows were rubbish!
ssad.gif
I personally love all the brownish nudes from the round palettes, while my favourite type is shine (these are very well pigmented). I have also tried Inglot's lipsticks - horrible! Never ever before have I had such drying a lipstick! I couldn't even apply it properly as the consistency was too stiff. Moreover, as far as lipglosses are concerned, I have tried two types. The ones in the tubes (don't know if they are still available, therefore they may not be available abroad at all) and the tiny ones in pots. The tube ones were ok, simply typical lipglosses, nothing impressive. The potted ones have wonderful smell with cute colours, however, on the lips they're rather sheer. I have had a pinkich one, don't remember the name though :/ These I do recommend, because they're really girly. Gosh, I just felt like buying one
th_LMAO.gif
Furthermore, I have also tried the silvery black pigment. Perfect for a night out (wore it on the New Year's Eve
smiles.gif
) yet on a daily basis it's dispensable. I sold it, but I have always wanted to try other ones, as I believe that Inglot's pigments have quite unique colours. Might give them a try tomorrow
greengrin.gif
What's more, concerning Inglot's brushes, hmm... I don't really know what to say as I am in the middle of testing various ones. Some of them are fine, yet others are really soft and handy. Tomorrow I'm buying the kabuki brush. Heard it's really soft. the price is a bit off-putting (at least in Poland) but it's worth investing in good brushes.

All in all, I do like Inglot and I'm happy that a Polish company is known worldwide. I say give it a go, because it's worth it. I think that in Inglot every girl can find sth that suits her, just like in case of MAC
smiles.gif
Yet, I am far from comparing these two. To me, there's a huge space between them.

Hope I managed not to bore you with my rather longish post
smiles.gif
(BTW, It's my first post on the forum
greengrin.gif
)

cheers!
smiles.gif

makeup4ever

The Duraline is a similar idea to MAC's Mixing Medium and it mixes well with pigments. I prefer the smaller glass container with the eye dropper like applicator too and I find Duraline dries faster and really stays put on the lid.

Inglot is completely different to MAC IMO but the only thing I find almost identical are the brushes, except the large selection and price. And they have the best liquid eyeliner brush ever! Look for the small bent liner brush (not angled), it applies liquid liner on customers like a dream (and I was a MAC #210 brush user for years!). The Kabuki brush seems the same as MAC's too except for the balck ferrule.

I'll check on those blushes and see if they'll fit into the MAC pallettes, you'd have to depot and attach a magnet on the back to secure it into the palette.

redambition

czesc wilhelmina!

I was so excited when Inglot came to Australia, my mum is Polish and used to use the nail polishes a lot when she lived in Poland.

Sadly all the stores have closed down and there's no news on if they will be re-opening. I have tried emailing them but no answer
ssad.gif
they got me addicted and now they are gone!

MrsMay

I'm not sure about other states but I was at an Inglot store in Adelaide last weekend and the MA didnt mention anything about the stores closing....
Hmmm... I may go back there this week and ask what the story is!

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
I'm not sure about other states but I was at an Inglot store in Adelaide last weekend and the MA didnt mention anything about the stores closing....
Hmmm... I may go back there this week and ask what the story is!

If you can that would be awesome! All my regular ones in Sydney are closed
ssad.gif
I can't check all of them, but the ones near my home and the one near my work are all closed.

MrsMay

I will definately let you know!
I will be in sydney late august as well, so I could always bring some stuff over if you're deseprate! ;-)

makeup4ever

Redambition you can still find Inglot in Westfield Bondi Junction and Chatswood. The website has not been updated but Inglot will still be trading a handfull of stores across Australia.
th_cheerup.gif

anjelik_dreamin

Yeah, the store closest to me (Fountain Gate, Melbourne) closed down too. I believe it's still open in Chadstone though. I hope they don't leave Oz, I love them!

MrsMay

Hi Ladies!!

I've just spoken to the Inglot MA's in Adelaide (West Lakes) and they advised that the company has been bought back by the original owner and founder of the company. This is the reason for some of the stores closing, as they dont wish to have it as widely available like Revlon etc...

She assured me that they will be keeping a couple of stores in each state though. Apparently the stores that have been closed will be re-opening as Innoxa stores. She also said that they will be having a full update on the 1st of August via a conference call directly with the owner (Mr. Inglot) in Poland, so they will know more definite details after that date.

And of course... I could help but to pick up another eyeshadow refill whilst I was there....
winks.gif

I hope this information helps!

redambition

Thanks MrsMay and makeup4ever!

It's good to know I can still get hold of the products, but I am not too happy about losing the stores closest to me
ssad.gif
I loved being able to get get Inglot locally if i needed something quickly.

jbid

i bought the eyeliner gel yesterday (in 77-true black) from the matte collection and it's amazing! it has the greatest consistency and the greatest staying power. however, i don't own any fluidline so i can't really compare. maybe i can use it also as a base. we'll see.
eyeliner gels come in various shades -i think i might try the red, as well- and the matte shadows are gorgeous too.
i also bought the primer, but haven't tried it yet. i'll let you know if it breaks me out.

pernalka

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae13
So an Inglot stand-alone store just opened in my local mall (Fairview in the West island of Montreal) and I went in to have a look. It was crazy busy, so i didn't have a chance to test too much, but I did have a general look-around.

The packaging and presentation is VERY similar to MAC - black, sleek, with tester units for everything. It also looks like they have more stuff that MAC has (definately more nail polish), with a broad range of both neutrals and vibrant colors. I was really pretty impressed by the color selection.

They also have a palette for 16 pans - when you first purchase it is about 85$, and you can refill the pans for 4.50$ or so (the eyeshadow pots are about 14$, and both pans/pots are twice the size of MAC.) All CAD pricing. Generally speaking, it's about 10 to 30% cheaper than MAC.

I didn't have a chance to test anything extensively, and since this is an entirely new line on this side of the ocean, I'm wondering if any European folks have had a chance to test this stuff out. I know it's originally from Poland, so I'm not sure what sort of distribution they have in the EU, but any input would be welcome.

Hi, about INGLOT. I know this brand very well, maybe because I am from Poland. It is very popular here, and not to expensive ( not cheap neither).
This brand is worth of trying it. Especially eye-shadows, all kind of brushes, nail products. A lots of different colours, palletes.
The quality of these products won't disappoint you girls
smiles.gif
To be honest I don't see any sense to spend all this money for lancome or clinic, if I can buy good make up for half of this price. Personally I love theirs eyeshadows. You need to try it.
I need to say that I am allergic, with this products I don't have any problem with red eye, or anything like that.

karolina

PS. forgive me my english, I've just started to learn it
smiles.gif
))

sylv79

gals, try the lipsticks, Inglot's selection has a very long high wearing and it stays on forever. it's fantastic!

Esme

I was in Inglot today (the kiosk at Garden City, anyway) and they have a big sale on as some of the products are being "reformulated". Their signs say that new products will be available soon. Some of the shadows are only $10, so a good time to try them out.

MrsMay

Yes! I was just about to post on here as I went to Inglot in Adelaide last night and picked up 2 big shadows for $20
choochoo.gif

I fully intend on going back next week after I get my pay and purchasing a few more at that price!

Lamzy

Hi everyone! I live in London and we have a new shopping centre in town called Westfield. It's the biggest in Europe. When it opened last Thursday I saw that they had an Inglot store there and I was soooo excited because it's very new to me. If anyone in London wanted to know if there is a store here then visit the Westfield, it's in Shepherd's Bush/White City and you can get the Central Line there on the tube. The make-up looks fab, I haven't bought any yet as I'm so broke at the moment
ssad.gif
but I have to tell you that the shadows are very pigmented and the colour range of polishes is insane!

princesskate

Re: Inglot

Hi i know that you have been writing these comments in 2006 but i thought that you may be interested to know a little bit about Inglot. I used to manage one of there counters in Australia, and absolutely love their products more that any other ones i have used. Inglot is over 25years old and yes it originally came from Poland, it then spread throughout Europe, Dubahi, Australia and Canada... It was started by a guy called Woycek Inglot. He started with nail polish, he now has over 200 varnish colours, 30+ foundation colours, 40+ eyeliners and lipliners, 150+ lipsticks and over 700 eyeshadows. Plus everything else you could imagine.

In response to your 'omg they have a sign that says amc that is so copying mac'. AMC is a range exclusive to Inglot and it stands for Advanced Makeup Components. This range is talc free, has higher pigments, is hypoalergenic and almost like a mineral range but way better.

I think its funny how people jump to conclusions when another fantastic makeup company breaks into the world market, and that they are so devoted to the same old products. Maybe you should try it before you mock it!

mskitchmas

i'm having trouble finding it online...I was thinking of having a weekend in Toronto...is there a store there?

Im in Ohio, would that be the closest?

jenizzle

I was in the new store in London on Friday - I bought a 5-shadow palette for £15, you can get any mixture of 5 shadows in that. I love love love the colours they have, and the jars of pigment they have seem awesome too
smiles.gif
Thumbs up from me anywho
thmbup.gif

Latest posts