Inglot Cosmetics - European/Polish brand

sharon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
sharon7 - i am so sorry. i haven't forgotten about the photo. i had my brush all ready to photograph last weekend and my SO's flatmate had borrowed my camera... my camera lives at his house.
ssad.gif
i should have better luck this weekend.

No worries though I did think you had forgotten lol!

archangeli

I've been curious about this brand since the company that I work for just did some advertising for them. I get a 15% discount here so I'm tempted to go to the First Canadian Place location in Toronto to check it out.

knoxydoll

Get the Kabuki brush. It's been said before it's the softest most amazing one I've ever used. I got two new shadows today too.

caralea

Hey, I'm new to the board.
Inglot recently opened up near me and I fell in love, mostly i was glad not to travel 2 hours in order to get good quality makeup.
I love the shadows, they come is so many awesome colours!!! The pigmentation of them is great and even without a base they wear all day without creasing. I have a pro5 atm which is doing me fine :p
I also love their eye liners, they are so soft and they have better staying power than any I have ever used before, better than MAC's i'd say, even on the waterline. I like to set them with a similar colour dust of eyeshadow just to stop them creasing on hot days... but I havn't tried them without doing that so I'm not sure if they crease without :p
Their foundation is great and stays on all day as long as you use a foundation brush to apply to get even coverage :p same goes with their base.
Their brushes are so so so so soft, especially the powder and blush brushes :p

spectrolite

I just discovered their store at Chadstone today and I was pretty impressed. You can put together some beautiful palettes with some of their offers, and for a really reasonable price. I didn't budget them in to my shopping expedition today since I didn't know they were there... but I ended up buying 4 of their fruity Funny glosses and I even got some pigment samples! The colours seem to have quite a good colour payoff and the staff were so nice and helpful. I'll be going back when I have more money for sure
smiles.gif

*Update* I recently went back and purchased some of their pigments and while I was there the helpful sales assistant showed me a product they sell called Duraline which is used to turn any pigment or eyeshadow into a workable fluid that you can use to line the eyes. It's a clear, viscous liquid that comes in a little bottle with a really ingenious dispenser built in. You only need to use a tiny bit. Since she told me it was smudge proof, I decided to try it out on my lids as a base under my paintpots to see if my shadow would stay in place longer. Well I am happy to say that it sure as hell did! I walked home today as it was pouring down rain and I was soaked from head to toe... but my eyeshadow was still in place lol! There was no creasing. I also tried it out with my pigment and turned it into a gorgeous eye liner. I'm really pleased with their piggies, lip glosses and Duraline so far. I will continue to experiment with the Duraline as a base just to be sure it was not a fluke*

miss_dre

I went to the INGLOT location at the Rideau Center, here in Ottawa, and the store looks very pretty! I bought a 5 shadow palette... and although there are some nice colors, I find that the pigmentation of them isn't all that great. I bought a liner brush there, and i love it! What I love about them though is how their brushes are not super expensive, and still relatively good! Other than that, meh... I'll stick to MAC, but I might pick up a few colors from there once in a while if they jump out at me

MsCocoa

Ok so there's a store open in bluewater I have to go and see what the UK prices are like, I wish the websites (from any of the regions) were more informative but ah well. I doubt I'll pick up any brushes probably just eyeshadows, lipglosses, nail polishes and anything else that catches my eye; the packaging reminds me of GOSH cosmetics.

archangeli

I went into their store and played with their foundations, eyeshadows and blushes. They have a lot of colours, but I wasn't amazed.

I'm not about to give up my Dior foundation or my MAC eyeshadows but one thing I have to rave about is their nail polish!

I bought one of their "normal" ones (not the AMC line) and at first I was a bit annoyed that I had to apply 3 coats to get the same coverage I would with my Chanel nail polish, but 7 days later not a single chip!! The sales girl told me that the AMC line was a "treatment" nail polish and that I would only need 1 coat... which means I'd probably need 2 since I used 3 coats of their normal stuff
winks.gif

Usually (even with Chanel) I start chipping after about 5 days and by day 7 I have to take it off because I can't stand chipped polish. I bought shade 822 which is a nice creamy pink. Their shade selection is amazing!!

Update: Dec. 14, 2007

I went back and bought some more of their nail polishes today. As an experiment I changed the top coat I was wearing (Chanel) and used a cheap drug store one to see if the polish would still hold up and it did!

I bought shade 184 - the colour of black cherries; 166 - a PERFECT pink to match my Nintendo DS Lite
winks.gif
; And shades 514 (from the AMC line) and 864 to do a french manicure later. 864 is a pink-toned ivory which is much less stark than plain white.

I played with the Rapid Dry Top Coat and the Diamond Top Coat in the store. The Rapid Dry is a thinner formula and I found the Diamond had a better shine, so I bought the Diamond Top Coat. The bottle says that it contains diamond dust to make your nails look more vibrant.

DaisyPie

I went an Inglot store (Parramatta - Sydney) for the first time yesterday and oh my gosh - I'm in love! The colour selection available for the eye shadows was excellent and I love their 'Free System' palettes that lets you fit as many eye shadows / blush / powders etc in as you want. I purchased the biggest palette, and ended up getting 30 eye shadows for only AU$160 (AU$5.30 each!!)!
Also the customer service was wonderful and the girls were very helpful - I'll definitely be shopping there again
smiles.gif

Here is a photo with flash and one without:

Patricia

anyone in the UK that has tried this line can tell me what are the prices like? cheaper than MAC?

lian_qiu

I have been to the store in Chadstone (Melbourne) a few times already. I bought the Duraline which was raved in here. It really does do what it claims. Makes color MUCH MUCH more vibrant and creamier. I tried it on some eyeshadows that were a little dry and chakly, and they are now much better. It also improves their lasting power. And I think the packaging is better than MAC's mixing medium. It's has a dropper thing which allows easy control over exactly how much product u want and no mess.

Now with the rest of their line. The packaging is along the same idea as MAC: professional, minimalist etc. However it definitely looks cheaper. The prices are lower, but not by THAT much. I noticed most of their powder eyeshadows and blushes have silver glitters (as oppose to fine shimmer) in them, unless it's a matte shade. Their pigments however are worth a try. Lots of good shades.

IMHO the biggest downfall of Inglot is their customer service. They are really pushy and as someone mentioned earlier they have this "I know it all" attitude. This definitely gives me incentive to spend my money elsewhere.

Anyway, long story short, I think Duraline is a must try, and maybe give the pigments a chance if u r into loose eyeshadow type products. Everything else seems passable to me.

HTH
smiles.gif

anithepooh

aw ! i've went to that store and bought several stuff here in montreal (( a lash curler which works WONDER ! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT )) a cream concealer and a cream foundation...

i must say i loved the cream concealer too but I discovered one made by lancome and switch because i have detaned anyhow ! I was debating on new e/s purchase and stuff and went there to see their selection and was completely amazed by their freedom system and whatnot ! It seemed tricky though i mean it was so cheap ! so I just putted some on my hand and the color was really vibrant and everything and went home... now I went to shower and everything and realized that the colors are still there !!!! NOW IM IMPRESSED my cousin that is an avid fan of MAC loves INGLOT too and she showed me some of her shadows and whatnot and I LOVE IT ! im returning soon to buy the palets
smiles.gif
and ill come back with a review

deepblue

Re: Inglot cosmetics - Euro/Polish line new to NA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by you.nique
hi there girlies
smiles.gif

i'm so glad to hear that you have a pro-16 pallette! i work for INGLOT and so far canada has been so awsome with the arrival our company. it's a very competitive industry, but we are quickly gaining new clients from all across canada! we have been in NA for about 10 months now, and have about 9 stores across the country. we also just opened our doors to the UK and australia. the company itself though has been in poland for 26 years! if you have any questions about INGLOT or our products please feel free to ask
smiles.gif

winks.gif
Could you help me please with some information where exactly in Europe I can buy INGLOT Products? Is there a chance to get an catalouge? Or do you have an european website whre I can search for products details adresses an prices?

Much greetings!
yes.gif

deepblue/ Vienna/Austria

heeltohaunch

Inglot was opened in my city (Abu Dhabi) for a while but I never checked it out. My mum bought some lipgloss and nailpolishes from there, but she didn't like the lipgloss much because it had a strong smell (I didn't really like the packaging either, it looked like a test tube).. other than that it was well pigmented and the colour was pretty.

Yesterday I found another branch opened much closer to where I live and I browsed around, I didn't like any of the products very much (personally, nothing against the brand) but I LOVED the pigments! I bought a silver one to try out and I wore it yesterday with some MAC smoke signal pigment and its so pigmented and easy to work with. I'm going to pick up some more as soon as I can, as well as some Duraline- but I just never got into any of their other products but some of my friends adore them... I guess it depends on personal preference and trial and error!

Oh and just to be more helpful, the reason I didn't like the other stuff was I found the eyeshadows to be kind of chalky, and I never experiment with my skin stuff because I have HORRIBLE, reaally sensitive skin and I stick to brands I know. And as for the lip products I tried my mums lipgloss and it wasn't for me
smiles.gif
but I think people should give it a try because different things work for different people... did I mention the pigments are amazing?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
I know MAC doesn't have any rights over bright colours and such, but it's kind of like something that makes them stand out from some other brands.

I saw some prices for a few products and they were pricier. I can't remember what it was now.

Wait.. MAC stands above other brands because of its bright colours?
Wow, you need to get out more. Try MUFE. Urban Decay. Napoleon Perdis. DOZENS of other brands equally (and more so) as renowned for their bright colour selection.

The great thing about Inglot is that their shadows aren't so chalk full of talc that when you swipe an eyeshadow, you're actually getting THAT colour, you don't need to layer and layer it to see the pigmentation.