is this real Green Brown pigment?

Sushi.

So I bought some MAC pigments from an ebay seller i found in the reccomended sellers thread here on specktra. Ive looked over the box and jar while reading the guidlines made for spotting counterfeits and everything seems authentic. The only thing that seems off to me is the color. Now ive never had this pigment before so i could just be unfamilar with it but it does not seem the same as the swatches ive seen.

this is the green brown pigment I have:
2s7bzo6.jpg

its actually photographing darker then it appears in true form, but it looks really gold to me. (everyone who sees me wearing it thinks its gold) Is this pigment more golden then brown? I just wanted to double check before leaving the seller positive feedback because its not what i was expecting, i thought it would be darker with green specs in it.

I hope you lovely members can help me out
smiles.gif

Sushi.

for some reason im unable to view your link posted. It just keeps saying cannot display page
ssad.gif

this is the base
2w74q5g.jpg

and then this is the box also
wstncg.jpg

and a not so good blurry pic of the jar
3584a2t.jpg

but i did see this swatch from the pigment swatch thread. comparing side by side with my pigment i think it looks quite different
2e5e51b6.jpg
2s7bzo6.jpg

MACATTAK

I'm sorry to say this, but this looks like a fake. The color seems to be way off, and not only that but I notice a lot of scratches on the box which is consistent with fakes. Plus the sticker on the bottom seems kind of frosted, whereas the pro pigments have a clear sticker on the bottom. I've seen a lot of different colors being faked now too...not just the same Rose, Pink Opal, Dark Soul etc. I would ask for a refund ASAP!!

gigglegirl

From the basis of what you're saying, that its photographing DARKER than the picture you'd have, I think somethings up. Because I think definitely the pigment should be darker, it looks far too gold.

panda0410

holy shit! we have another one, and this is definitely fake! too much like the deep blue green I guess they remembered to add a batch number to this one........

Sushi.

Thank you so much for all of your responces, I purchased this from
s.gif
closetmustgo on ebay, which is surprising cause ive seen a ton of people say her items are legit on here, but the color just seems so far off. I wonder if she would give me a refund cause on her ebay auction pages she writes.

"I guarantee all of my products are 100% authentic! I sell only authentic, original products. If you are questioning my products authenticity, do not buy from me. You have only my word and my feedback to guarantee my products. I run an honest business and sell only what I would want to receive if I was buying."

but maybe if i showed the pictures, she would understand where im coming from?

*EDIT*
oh and i just seen this swatch in the pigments swatch thread, it kind of shows more golden, so now im kind of confused
ssad.gif

img1387na4.th.jpg

i think i should maybe find someone who has authentic green brown and either send them mine or get them to send a sample to me just to compare colors. then i would know for sure. I would hate to ruin an ebay sellers good feedback if im wrong.

panda0410

no, the base colour of green brown is definitely green, and the swatch above shows that as well.... do you live near a mac store or counter?? take it in and compare - this one is definitely fake, sorry
ssad.gif
as for closetmustgo, I can only suggest that she doesnt know or hasnt checked her inventory lately because I sincerely doubt she would deliberately sell a fake.

this is very worrying though - this is the 3rd "recommended seller" I have learned about this week selling fakes.......

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
oh man i just ordered 4 pigments off closetmustgo
ssad.gif

Please let us know what pigments they are so we can keep an eye out as well as help you with any questions or problems you may have.

gigglegirl

Look_divine when you get them, check them over, post pics on here if you're unsure of their authenticity. Who knows, you may have bought ones that are legit.

Perhaps there should be a caveat on the "Ebay reputable sellers" thread about this one forsure, and any of the other ones you've heard of Panda0410

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
Look_divine when you get them, check them over, post pics on here if you're unsure of their authenticity. Who knows, you may have bought ones that are legit.

Perhaps there should be a caveat on the "Ebay reputable sellers" thread about this one forsure, and any of the other ones you've heard of Panda0410

Love to help, but in the interim I will wait to name the sellers - both sellers have excellent reputaitons for selling authentic goods and both sellers have only just learnt themselves that some of their pigments are fake - they are still going through the refund/claim process and are mortified that some of their items arent real. I'd like to give the sellers a chance to settle their claims and sort out their own refunds to buyers before naming them here because they are trying to make good on their transactions and removing suspect listings. If you want some more info please just PM me
winks.gif

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
oh man i just ordered 4 pigments off closetmustgo
ssad.gif

Just had alook at Closetmustgo's listings - all the colours, except 3 I think it was was, were all sold to me and turned out to be fake
ssad.gif
Hope they've bought them from a different source

Julie

Sushi.

i just sent this to the seller:

Quote:
Hello there
I understand you are a very reccomended seller when it comes to mac, but i was just a bit concerned with the color of this Green Brown pigment. It seems to be gold in color. Have you possibly bought some pigments from a different source recently? Or have you always bought from one source? if its one source it should be authentic cause i know people have told me your pigments are always authentic. anyways this is the pigment i bought from you, http://i25.tinypic.com/2s7bzo6.jpg
and this is a swatch of what Green Brown is supposed to look like:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...r/2e5e51b6.jpg

Do you think they are the same? I believe you conduct a very professional buisness but i thought that maybe it could be fake without you realizing it.

Ill let you ladies know what she replies with.

Mrschloe

closetmustgo selling fakes!??? I hope not!

I received today MAC blush in plum foolery from him and can confirm 100% its REAL!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrschloe
closetmustgo selling fakes!??? I hope not!

I received today MAC blush in plum foolery from him and can confirm 100% its REAL!

some of the pigments are at least. the green brown posted here is definitely a fake and was sold by closetmustgo. believe me its a surprise to most of us because a lot of us have bought from her and always gotten authentic goods. this serves as a timely warning that counterfeits are getting so good they are almost inditinguishable from the real deal.....

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl

Hi here is a link to my photo album with pics of all i have bought, please please tell me your views if you need more pics let me know i can take some
im hoping these are ok
th_dunno.gif

look_divine - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

panda0410

Your pink bronze is good so dont stress over that one, so is your ether MES. I cant help with the other e/s - they are not my area of knowledge!