is this real Green Brown pigment?

look_divine

i bought 4 eye shadows in shades
slip pink
light ray
romp
surreal
and copperlast pigment pics are on photobucket
so how do you suggest i go about getting my money back?

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
i take pic of mine without the flash to doesnt look nothing like yours though
added to photos

I'd worry about the authenticity of your white pigment as well then. Its supposed to be a smooth pigment, almost pearly. Not chunky, not flaky, no little balls in the top, its not a moist pigment either.
Heres another pic courtesy of BEBS from the swatch forum of white p/g

b78de765.jpg

Courtesy of PURITY from the swatch forum
White.jpg

I have to honestly say that your pigment looks more like frost than white???

look_divine

so we can safely say thats a fake to then
i think i need to contact closetmustgo
i hope shes ok about it, just dont know what to write

look_divine

but i need to know about the eyeshadows to before i email her
cant complain about the pigments then again later about the eye shadows can i
ssad.gif

panda0410

Quote:
i take pic of mine without the flash to doesnt look nothing like yours though
added to photos

Nope, I just looked at the white again without the flash and I am reasonably convinced that your white is fake as well regardless of the fact that the base sticker is clear - the texture is just all wrong.....

panda0410

I am really sorry for you sweetie
ssad.gif
Its awful losing $$, especially on something you bought with the belief of authenticity.....
I am not buying anymore pigments of ebay now - picking them without the benefit of being able to swatch them first is far too difficult and after what I have seen in the past few days its not worth risk either!

look_divine

i know it snot worth it is it jsut to say a few £s
oh well lesson learnt BIG STYLE!!
thanks to you both for helping me
smiles.gif

look_divine

oh dear here is the reply i got
My items are absolutely authentic. I DO NOT SELL FAKE MAC OR ANY BRAND!!! I would love to know who told you they were fake. Since I buy direct from Mac, it is impossible that these are fake. By the way, I have actually had a mac counter tell me that items I bought directly from them were fake. It happens all the time. They have so many different manufacturing sites around the world that even the Make up Artists do not know a real mac item from a fake one.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]- closetmustgo[/FONT]

gigglegirl

oh jeez she's super defensive. what would you girls do? escalate it with paypal and go that route?

be firm, tell her they are fakes (green brown isn't even GREEN!!!) so weird. she will prob ask you to send them back before a refund, and make sure you send in a way that there's delivery confirmation so that you know she got it.

I'm so sorry look_divine.

panda0410

Quote:
oh dear here is the reply i got
My items are absolutely authentic. I DO NOT SELL FAKE MAC OR ANY BRAND!!! I would love to know who told you they were fake. Since I buy direct from Mac, it is impossible that these are fake. By the way, I have actually had a mac counter tell me that items I bought directly from them were fake. It happens all the time. They have so many different manufacturing sites around the world that even the Make up Artists do not know a real mac item from a fake one.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]- closetmustgo[/FONT]

oh dear, more than just a little defensive.......

now we all know that mac direct does not sell wholesale or give retail discounts - mac will tell you this themselves. cco's give discounts BUT they limit how much each person buys in a day etc etc so if she buys direct from mac how are her prices somewhat cheaper than mac? I find it both difficult to believe and quite questionable that sellers who sell pigments on a regular basis and who claim to buy direct from mac then go and sell their items cheaper than or equal to standard retail - why on earth would anyone do that???

now, besides any of the above we all know for a FACT that deep blue green is fake so she can hardly deny she is selling fakes. This also suggests to me that this seller has no idea what she is selling....

wolfsong

Why would she be taking stock to MAC for verification if she bought them direct from MAC? There is nothing worse than a counterfeit seller that lies about 'getting them direct from MAC' - unfortunately this is very common...

Either someone/a collection of people have been returning fakes to MAC, and the MAC employees are putting them back on the shelves instead of binning them, or this is complete bull. I know which one is more believable!

This is sad news, i hate hearing about 'authentic, trusted sellers' having counterfeit stock. Maybe the fakes are so realistic that these sellers cant tell the difference - and thus stand by their convictions.
I would understand the odd fake one, but 4+ out of 6 is not on. I would file a dispute with paypal, and write to/send products to MAC to get verification. I would also send photographic evidence supporting your claims to the seller in the paypal 'contact seller' section, as the messages to and fro help paypal (and their parent company: ebay) decide who to award the claim to.

Ive heard a lot of counterfeit sellers brag about MAC makeup artists saying their stock is authentic (ive heard 'my MAC makeup artist friend has checked them/gave me them' etc), and there has been at least one circumstance on here of a MAC MA telling someone that a set of blatant fake pigments were authentic (when they were taken to the store for verification). So like the seller said, MA's dont always get it right.

I hope you get a full refund for these (original cost plus original shipping). An ebay auction is a legal contract, and by selling counterfeit goods this seller has broken that contract (and thus you are entitled to a full refund, regardless of what it says in the listing).
Good luck, and let us know what happens
smiles.gif

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
oh dear, more than just a little defensive.......

now we all know that mac direct does not sell wholesale or give retail discounts - mac will tell you this themselves. cco's give discounts BUT they limit how much each person buys in a day etc etc so if she buys direct from mac how are her prices somewhat cheaper than mac? I find it both difficult to believe and quite questionable that sellers who sell pigments on a regular basis and who claim to buy direct from mac then go and sell their items cheaper than or equal to standard retail - why on earth would anyone do that???

now, besides any of the above we all know for a FACT that deep blue green is fake so she can hardly deny she is selling fakes. This also suggests to me that this seller has no idea what she is selling....

Also to tag on to this:
AFAIK only dicontinued and past LE items can be bought at CCO's. I was thinking maybe 'near sell by date' ones may be shipped off to these places, but a) that doesnt sound like something MAC would do seen as they throw out perfectly good stock 'just incase' and b) Pigments and glitters dont have 'sell by dates' - they can last for a very long time if unopened (as well as if looked after when opened).

And thats a very valid point about the pricing - remember diva la glam (or whoever it was) who wrote in each auction (to paraphrase) 'i dont make money from selling MAC, i just want to spread the brand around to share it'. FISHY
ssad.gif

look_divine

ok ladies!!!
emailed the seller back with bits of info off of here (copied & pasted )
hope thats ok
Seller states in paypal dispute that they can tell a fake a mile off and they can say they have never sold a fake item or never would,
making out im lying really
ssad.gif

will keep you all posted
smiles.gif

look_divine

so to get my story right
the pink bronze is also fake but the eyeshadows are fine?
want to make sure before i open yet another dispute witht he same seller
ssad.gif

look_divine

kate ritchie is one of the sellers she states in an email her items are sold to her as authentic
maybe they are being sold this shit and are unaware there fake or there just good bloody liars
I dunno any more! Im totally p***ed off i can tell ya
ssad.gif

rockin

Look_devine, I have a jar of white pigment here with the exact same batch code as yours, and I have to say I have been highly suspicious of it since I got it some time ago, so haven't used it.

First of all, it looks quite off-white. The label on the bottom of the jar IS transparent, but the batch code printed on it is in a smaller font than I would expect. The box has the sticker underneath with the bar code and batch code on, but the box itself marks easily when you rub the back of your nail against it. If I point the lid of this jar and that of one I know to be genuine (bought from MAC) the suspect lid reflects light more than the genuine one, even though it isn't shiny.

I've been going through my pigments and shadows over the last few days, trying to decide which, if any, were suspect or definitely fake. As far as my pigments go, I am pretty certain that only the white AB4 and the Rose A56 are dodgy (as well as the Deep Blue Green A52 which so many seem to have bought lately)

I have 4 eyeshadows that I''m not entirely convinced about, too.
ssad.gif

(Julie, you'll be happy to know that the shadows I bought from you seem to be AOK, and aren't colours that you have listed as suspect).

panda0410

Quote:
so to get my story right
the pink bronze is also fake but the eyeshadows are fine?
want to make sure before i open yet another dispute witht he same seller
ssad.gif

sweetie I think that the Pink Bronze is the only one that IS real... It really looks fine to me, colour texture etc and I wouldnt be worrying about that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
Look_devine, I have a jar of white pigment here with the exact same batch code as yours, and I have to say I have been highly suspicious of it since I got it some time ago, so haven't used it.

First of all, it looks quite off-white. The label on the bottom of the jar IS transparent, but the batch code printed on it is in a smaller font than I would expect. The box has the sticker underneath with the bar code and batch code on, but the box itself marks easily when you rub the back of your nail against it. If I point the lid of this jar and that of one I know to be genuine (bought from MAC) the suspect lid reflects light more than the genuine one, even though it isn't shiny.

I've been going through my pigments and shadows over the last few days, trying to decide which, if any, were suspect or definitely fake. As far as my pigments go, I am pretty certain that only the white AB4 and the Rose A56 are dodgy (as well as the Deep Blue Green A52 which so many seem to have bought lately)

I have 4 eyeshadows that I''m not entirely convinced about, too.
ssad.gif

(Julie, you'll be happy to know that the shadows I bought from you seem to be AOK, and aren't colours that you have listed as suspect).

I have white pigment as well - similar batch number - mine is AB4 - but we know that fakers have gotten the swing and are using real numbers so batch numbers are fairly irrelevant now.
Its the texture of the white that you have thats off - it should be SMOOTH - not grainy, lumpy, moist, flaky, chunky, with little balls, it shouldnt be shiny with glitter either - its a smooth PEARL like pigment, so NO glitter people. The one look_devine showed here looks quite glittery and looks more like Frost pigment than authentic White pigment - I am quite sure it isnt real, despite the base sticker being clear, so perhaps you have one thats fake too.