I've totally changed my mind about MAC brushes

MissResha

*sigh*

so in the beginning i had 1 or 2 of those SE brushes, which i still think aren't that great.
th_dunno.gif

but then over the past months, i got my hands on a couple of the fullsize versions and i must say....i now see what the fuss is. the funny thing is, i have tons of great brushes, but nothing works better with my actual MAC makeup than my MAC brushes. its weird. like, the 239 picks up color perfect, and so do my other MAC brushes. They were truly made for their own product. I feel bad for talking shit but again, when your first MAC brush is an SE, you don't get the full effect...and you will probably think the rest of the brushes suck donkey ass.

Yesterday I went to my CCO and picked up a set of MAC brushes, the 187, 168, 222 and 263 (total $80 - I talked 7 bucks off somehow). And I washed them immediately. This morning, I went to use them and they were so damn soft, fluffy and efficient. Shock and awe. I then put a thin piece of clear scotch tape on the numbers so they wouldn't rub off (way better than nail polish i think).

So, for anyone skeptical of the MAC brushes, and for anyone who thought it was a bunch of hype (like I did), I'm here to tell you that these brushes are the shit and are to be respected...and I'm an asshole for thinking otherwise.

I'm amazed.

I still love the hell out of my Too Faced/Costco/Sonia Kashuk brushes, but I gotta give it to MAC.....

Nothing contours better than my 109 and 168.

Nothing blends out color better than my 224.

Nothing picks up color better than my 239. (thx tish)

Nothing defines my crease better than my 217. (thx tish)

And my 2 187's? One for blush, one for foundation. LOVE!

I am now a convert.

th_worship.gif

gitts

I have to agree with you completely. My first MAC brushes were SE and I thought they were crap. My 187SE sheds like a bitch. I decided to buy the full size 187 and I love it. I will not be buying any more SE brushes, I dont want to run the risk of buying them for the price and getting poor quality. I will just save and buy the full size brushes one by one.

MissResha

^^god i thought it was just me LOL. i was like "why can't i love these like everyone else"

then someone said that the fullsize brushes were hand made and the SE were machine made, so i was like ORLY???

it was a wrap after that. no more SE brushes for me, period!

pdtb050606

I completely agree..I just recently went crazy buying all my full size MAC brushes and I am in love. So anyway I was at the Pro store on Sun. and she did my contour with her full size 168, so I went home and did it with my craptastic SE 168 and it didn't look the same whatsoever! So of course today AS SOON as I get off work I am going to pick up REAL 168...oh and I got my 180 today and I'm super excited to try it out tomorrow-sorry I just had to share
smiles.gif

LMD84

yup i concur! i started with the se's however have slowly been buying full sized brushes and they are by far better!! i also adore my 239 full size and i also have great love for my 109 and 182 kabuki! now the se's are not crap... but they're nothing compared to the full size brushes...

i think it's a step up thing... first i always used sponge applicaters, then i went onto cheap brushes which were a pack of 10 for £5, then mac se brushes and now finally the big daddy full sized ones!
yes.gif

tattoosofships

I don't have any SE brushes because I've been weary about comments people have made about them. With that being said, my full sized MAC brushes are my babies.

lukinamama

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtb050606
I completely agree..I just recently went crazy buying all my full size MAC brushes and I am in love. So anyway I was at the Pro store on Sun. and she did my contour with her full size 168, so I went home and did it with my craptastic SE 168 and it didn't look the same whatsoever! So of course today AS SOON as I get off work I am going to pick up REAL 168...oh and I got my 180 today and I'm super excited to try it out tomorrow-sorry I just had to share
smiles.gif

where did you find 180?I need it
yes.gif

couturesista

The 109 is my HG of all brushes. I can use it for foundation,contour, blush, highlighter, shucks if I could get that puppy in my crease I would! If you think the 217 is a crease beater, you should try the 226! Enjoy your brushes!

carandru

I don't have any SE brushes that I have replaced w/ the full size ones yet. Although, I think I will soon b/m my mac full size brushes are seriously the shit!! Lol, I remember using my 219SE and thought, wtf!?!? THIS is the brush everyone raves about. My $2 crown brush is better than this mess...

But, you are tempting me to grab a full size 219 AND a 187. I already like the 187se, so the full size should be heaven.

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
The 109 is my HG of all brushes. I can use it for foundation,contour, blush, highlighter, shucks if I could get that puppy in my crease I would! If you think the 217 is a crease beater, you should try the 226! Enjoy your brushes!

109 =
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif

I need another one, two, or three.

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista

if i could find that baby, trust me i would. it's like, Where's Waldo. i cannot find it at all
ssad.gif
and i want it so bad lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
I don't have any SE brushes that I have replaced w/ the full size ones yet. Although, I think I will soon b/m my mac full size brushes are seriously the shit!! Lol, I remember using my 219SE and thought, wtf!?!? THIS is the brush everyone raves about. My $2 crown brush is better than this mess...

But, you are tempting me to grab a full size 219 AND a 187. I already like the 187se, so the full size should be heaven.

the 187 is amazing. i play with it LMAO. like, its just so soft and sturdy at the same time. its perfect for everything. if i had to get ONE mac brush, that would be the one. it's a definite multitasker.

M.A.C. head.

I love my MAC tools as well. I've had lots of other brands but now I've eliminated most of them and I stick to MAC. I've had a few of my brushes for about 5 or 6 years and they are still in great condition.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
*sigh*

so in the beginning i had 1 or 2 of those SE brushes, which i still think aren't that great.
th_dunno.gif

but then over the past months, i got my hands on a couple of the fullsize versions and i must say....i now see what the fuss is. the funny thing is, i have tons of great brushes, but nothing works better with my actual MAC makeup than my MAC brushes. its weird. like, the 239 picks up color perfect, and so do my other MAC brushes. They were truly made for their own product. I feel bad for talking shit but again, when your first MAC brush is an SE, you don't get the full effect...and you will probably think the rest of the brushes suck donkey ass.

Yesterday I went to my CCO and picked up a set of MAC brushes, the 187, 168, 222 and 263 (total $80 - I talked 7 bucks off somehow). And I washed them immediately. This morning, I went to use them and they were so damn soft, fluffy and efficient. Shock and awe. I then put a thin piece of clear scotch tape on the numbers so they wouldn't rub off (way better than nail polish i think).

So, for anyone skeptical of the MAC brushes, and for anyone who thought it was a bunch of hype (like I did), I'm here to tell you that these brushes are the shit and are to be respected...and I'm an asshole for thinking otherwise.

I'm amazed.

I still love the hell out of my Too Faced/Costco/Sonia Kashuk brushes, but I gotta give it to MAC.....

Nothing contours better than my 109 and 168.

Nothing blends out color better than my 224.

Nothing picks up color better than my 239. (thx tish)

Nothing defines my crease better than my 217. (thx tish)

And my 2 187's? One for blush, one for foundation. LOVE!

I am now a convert.

th_worship.gif

Can't agree with you more!

nursee81

I must say that I agree with all of you. I love my full size brushes. I try to buy one with each haul or mini haul.

alexheartsmac

you are so right because my first MAC brushes was a brush set from colorforms and i liked them because they are good and all but once i have gotten full size brushes i am like so amazed

TISH1124

Yah Yeah Missy we knew you would!!! That is why I own about 2-3 ea and more of all my fullsize lovers!!

Latest posts