Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick - Fall 2014

DILLIGAF

Just found this photo from earlier in the thread. So Motorhead is a shade or 2 lighter than Homegirl? How do they feel on the lips? Is one better than the other?
Motorhead is exactly that a shade lighter and sheerer than Homegirl. They are very matte and some people have said they find them a bit drying and hard to apply. I found them ok. However I would make sure that your lips are prepped for a matte lipstick or it will show all of your imperfections.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vandekamp

Hi Ladies,

Does anyone prefer the liquid lipsticks over the Studded Kiss lipsticks?
As far as LUV goes the liquid is miles above the lipstick. I've found the color to be brighter and more intense in the liquid form. I had both the liquid and the lipstick and I took the lipstick back.

ReganW

Motorhead is exactly that a shade lighter and sheerer than Homegirl. They are very matte and some people have said they find them a bit drying and hard to apply. I found them ok. However I would make sure that your lips are prepped for a matte lipstick or it will show all of your imperfections.

As far as LUV goes the liquid is miles above the lipstick. I've found the color to be brighter and more intense in the liquid form. I had both the liquid and the lipstick and I took the lipstick back.
Thank you for your advice. I have just purchased mac prep and prime for lips, and I'm waiting for it to be delivered. I look after my lips, and rarely have any dry skin, so I am hoping with the p&p, it will be a good enough base for these lipsticks. Now I've just got to finish deciding which ones I'm going to buy, and wait for poe to come back in stock. It's taking foreverrrrr!

Anaphora

I went to Sephora today and did hand swatches of Bauhau5 and Coven. I really don't care for the formula and can officially pass on these.

Melrose

I went to Sephora today and did hand swatches of Bauhau5 and Coven. I really don't care for the formula and can officially pass on these.
True, the formula seems to work great for some of the shades and not so well for others. Poe is excellent but when I swatched coven I was so disappointed. It's a beautiful color but they really need to fix the formula. Same thing with Agatha. Had it not been a gift, I would have returned it.

Vandekamp

This is my first time posting here, I've been lurking and enjoying everyone's thoughts and pictures on this thread so I thought I would share some of my own. So far I've got 5 of these...Agatha, Noble, L'ecole des femmes, Wonderchilde and Gothica. And I should be getting Lovecraft today in the mail. My thoughts on the formula: Agatha and Noble are a bitch to work with, I imagine they are somewhat like Coven in terms of usability. That said, I do love a matte pale mod look and these definitely give you that, so I am keeping them. I love the colours (almost the lack of colour really) but it takes some work to not look like "concealer lips" or crackhead lips like some other posters have mentioned :) I apply them very thinly, rub it over my lips with finger and slowly build it up that way. Too much looks really gross, you can't just apply these like regular lipsticks. But you can get it looking nice with some work. I've also applied Fyrinnae's Lip Lustre in It's a Mod World over top, which makes them more comfortable to wear and doesn't change the look much, despite it being a lot pinker, its pretty sheer and not really shiny. L'ecole des femmes is a little easier to work with, but again because of the matte texture it takes a little bit of work. Not nearly as much as Agatha and Noble, but still a bit of messing around with to get everything even and looking good, I absolutely love this colour and have worn it the most so far. Its such a beautiful shade, I do wish it looked more salmon on me like it does on other people, on me it seems to lean more pink. Wonderchilde and Gothica feel very similar to me on, and I love them both, I'm not usually even into sparkly lips, but I think the lack of gloss and shine is what makes me love them. I like shiny lips sometimes, but not with sparkles too. These are just stunning in person and feel nice on too, almost enough to make you forget you're wearing them, not heavy at all.  All in all, I am happy with these lipsticks, even the ones that require work, because I love a matte lip! I would say if you don't like matte lips, or don't want to put in the work required to achieve the look, then don't bother with these. I also like putting my fave lip balm (Green Beaver Aprés Ski, inexpensive and natural) on first (after exfoliating of course) then wipe off leaving a very very thin layer on under the lipstick, this helps with comfort. Now on to the pics, hopefully I do this right! ! Agatha [COLOR=CD69A1] [/COLOR]Noble L'ecole des femmes Wonderchilde [COLOR=CD69A1] [/COLOR]Gothica (my sister came in the room and started talking to me as I was taking this one, hence the funny face..I am mid-sentence)
Lovely swatches.

Vandekamp

Motorhead is exactly that a shade lighter and sheerer than Homegirl. They are very matte and some people have said they find them a bit drying and hard to apply. I found them ok. However I would make sure that your lips are prepped for a matte lipstick or it will show all of your imperfections. As far as LUV goes the liquid is miles above the lipstick. I've found the color to be brighter and more intense in the liquid form. I had both the liquid and the lipstick and I took the lipstick back. 
I feel the same way about the LUV liquid lipstick. It is a million times better than the lipstick. I, too, may return the LUV lipstick.

kennybear

I want to get Poe so badly! But I'm trying to be on a low buy (except for LE goodies), so I've passed it up a few times in store

rocksteadybaby

Honey, get Poe while you can. It's worth it
iagree.gif