Kohl's now selling TheBalm, Lorac, Pur, Cargo, Borghese, Real Techniques

dash4

I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to put this thread, if it is in the wrong place - please move it to the correct forum, mods.. Thank you!

I just watched a video from Crystalis007 (well on her blog youtube channel: crystalthevlog ).. And she films in her Kohl's store.. Some (a lot) of Kohl's locations now have expanded their beauty section and carry high end products, like TheBalm, Lorac, Cargo, etc.

They're not just carrying a few items.. It is laid out similarly as Ulta -- with rows of cosmetics!

I guess I am most excited about TheBalm, since I always just order on a whim since there isn't any place near me that sells it.

She also showed a bunch of "value sets" from Lorac and TheBalm - they looked like a good deal.. One in particular - is a duo pack of the Mary Lou-Manizer and Betty Lou-Manizer for $29.. If nothing else, it will be a great place to test things out - for when TheBalm is available on hautelook or whenever they have another discount sale - on their site.

I am not sure if I can link up her videos (not sure of the rules on that) - I am not affiliated with her in anyway besides being a loyal subbie of her channel....but it is a GREAT video to watch.

PS~ I don't know much about Kohl's cash, but I believe she found out that you can earn it on beauty items..

Hope this thread is in the right place and is a help!

MissTT

Yep this is one of the reasons why Sephora is dropping LORAC and Cargo. I'm most surprised by LORAC. I'll have to checkout theBalm in person now though. I don't need more highlighters, but that duo is tempting to me.

shontay07108

That highlighter is gorgeous! My second favorite behind Diamonds. I'm tempted to buy the set because I really need the bronzer. I accidentally tossed mine when I was cleaning out my stash a few months ago.

MissTT

The bronzer is dark enough for you, Shontay? I know you're always singing the praises of the highlighter. They both look really frosty to me though.

So is the makeup out so that you can test it like Ulta/Sephora? I haven't been to Kohl's in months.

shontay07108

The bronzer is definitely dark enough. Neither of them are too frosty, but you definitely don't need a lot to see the effect.

MissTT

Thanks, Shontay. I don't need another highlighter, but I know you've always said this was your favorite.

Mayanas

Thank you very much I've never seen a product The Balm on a stand, only I have the Mary Lou manizer of HauteLook. This wednesday i have to visit Khols
nanaparty.gif

dash4

Thank you very much I've never seen a product The Balm on a stand, only I have the Mary Lou manizer of HauteLook. This wednesday i have to visit Khols
nanaparty.gif
I know! I am so excited! I want to see the insta-stain blushes. Crystal bought a trio of blushes for $34.. Usually they're $22 each. If nothing else, I will be able to see what I like for when Hautelook has another deal on them!

MissTT

Cargo is still at SiJCP, but both brands are being phased completely out. I'm not sure how long that will take. I'm sure they need to try to get through current inventory.

diamonddiva

The bronzer is dark enough for you, Shontay? I know you're always singing the praises of the highlighter. They both look really frosty to me though. So is the makeup out so that you can test it like Ulta/Sephora? I haven't been to Kohl's in months.
I just went to Kohl's today, and the makeup was out to test :).

shontay07108

Temptalia reviewed the bronzer by thebalm. Some people complained about it looking orange on her. It didn't to me and it sure as hell doesn't in person.

MissTT

Oh my that is shiny. I'm afraid I don't quite understand shiny/shimmery bronzers. I don't get why people are saying it's orange on her though. I don't see it.

shontay07108

It's all in how you use it. The thing is that it has a sheen, but it's not frosty. Some people use bronzers like a contour while some think that's a sin. Regardless of a bronzer being shimmery or not I kinda use it like a highlighter in that I put it high on the cheekbone. If I go too low it makes my face look saggy (same goes for blush). I also put it on my temples and my chin. It's a sunkissed, bronzy glow.

MissTT

I see. Thanks for that. I was imagining it on the perimeters of the face or I know some people just put it all over their face. I'll have to see it as a highlighter. It's a really pretty color. I don't judge people using bronzer as contour as it absolutely can be done. It just depends on the bronzer. After having someone contour my cheeks with NARS Lovejoy and looking amazing it would be arrogant to say it's not right. I'm often telling clients makeup rules are made to be broken. Just because one person can't pull something off doesn't mean another person can't. (I'm talking MUA and wearer. Just b/c you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.) We all have different tastes, aesthetics, and abilities.

shontay07108

I see. Thanks for that. I was imagining it on the perimeters of the face or I know some people just put it all over their face. I'll have to see it as a highlighter. It's a really pretty color. I don't judge people using bronzer as contour as it absolutely can be done. It just depends on the bronzer. After having someone contour my cheeks with NARS Lovejoy and looking amazing it would be arrogant to say it's not right. I'm often telling clients makeup rules are made to be broken. Just because one person can't pull something off doesn't mean another person can't. (I'm talking MUA and wearer. Just b/c you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.) We all have different tastes, aesthetics, and abilities. 
Yeah I don't see anything wrong with using a bronzer to contour either. I don't care for rules if I like the results. Lovejoy is amazing! It definitely works as a contour.

Lipstickjunkii

Temptalia reviewed the bronzer by thebalm. Some people complained about it looking orange on her. It didn't to me and it sure as hell doesn't in person.
I have the Bettylou bronzer and I love it. The Marylou manizer on the other hand...I've swatched it a million times and could never bring myself to buy it. It seems way too glittery, white, like it would look odd on my skin. I have read so much good things about it though so maybe one day I'll take the plunge.

Latest posts