Las Vegas de Chanel Collection

QueenOfSnark

$28? DISLIKE.
eeksign.gif
I can imagine that much for a truly unique color, but gold polish is like red, you can find it anywhere.

katred

Specktra Bestie
http://0335fe2.netsolhost.com/wpb/chanel-lucky-stripes-palette-gold-fingers-nail-polish-las-vegas-collection

Very pretty, but would look terrible on me. And the gold polish doesn't look that unique. I'll hold out for Diwali, assuming I can find a way to get it... At least I have some time to plan!

Ingenue

Actually.. looking at the swatches makes me NOT want it. I do like that you can use it as an eyeshadow... but really, how many gold and bronze shadows does a girl need?

I got the RCS, which I love (it's sheer and I can put it on without a mirror) because it works with my warm skintone. On a fair skinned beauty it's going to be a mess though. It's VERY yellow, and really sparkly.

I'm with QOS... I'll wait for Route des Indes.

Miss QQ

Yes Lucky Strips is super pretty to look it. Probably good that it may not come to my counters so I won't have the chance to buy it and then leave it in a corner untouched.

Winthrop44

It looks like this collection will be on the Chanel web site if anyone is interested. If you click on the name of the collection on the left of the main Makeup page you can sign up to be notified when it becomes available.

jmarie

It looks like this collection will be on the Chanel web site if anyone is interested. If you click on the name of the collection on the left of the main Makeup page you can sign up to be notified when it becomes available.

Thanks, I want the gold polish.

shontay07108

Hallelujah! I want that gold R/C like crazy. I hope I'm not tempted by that highlighter. It looks like it would really work on my skin, though. :sneaky:

suenoojos

no thanks ! 92 bucks for a highlighter is insane
im so disappointed in chanel
first they discontinue pro lumiere n rouge laques n now the INSANE price jump !

Haven

OK so I lost it
th_crazy.gif
and ordered the entire collection from the boutique in Vegas. My thoughts after playing with the products for a little while.

The polish - yes it is very pretty but also dupable. I tried applying it using my standard technique that I use with Chanel polishes (I usually get about 3 days wear now), and I saw chipping after one day. Not the result that I was hoping for.

The gold RC - Love this product. I have been using it to add some oomph over other lip products. I also can wear it alone. Love it!

The lip pencil - Still working with this one. I think that this is more a special occasion liner for me. Sort of like the gold eye liner from the recent holiday collection. I haven't been able to make this work for normal everyday use.

The powder - I prefer this on the cheeks as compared to the eyes. Though it applied very nicely on the lids, it faded too quickly even over UDPP. Plus working with the little stripes and eyeshadow brushes is a pain. Applied on the cheeks over blush it gives me "that special glow." It really doesn't act as bronzer on me though - NW 20/15. This product gives a very nice highlight, but I also have other products that give a nice highlight.

So I would recommend the RC and possibly the powder (more for the design & novelty of the compact). You may want to pass on the polish - unless you don't mind touch ups after one day & plus it is a shade that I have seen before. The gold liner is nice, but it is not an everyday wear item for me. So I really can't recommend it yet. I am still working with looks though.

shontay07108

I'm am doubting myself now. I really wanted the RC, but now I just don't know. Also questioning myself on the liner. My lips are dark, so I believe I can get away with a gold liner, but I worry about how smooth they are. My experience tells me that Chanel liners are not as easy to work with as mufe or mac. I have yet to see a clear, non-washed out picture of it on anyone(especially someone of darker skintone). I may take so much time to think about it that it'll be gone by time I decide.

jmarie

OK so I lost it
th_crazy.gif
and ordered the entire collection from the boutique in Vegas. My thoughts after playing with the products for a little while.

The polish - yes it is very pretty but also dupable. I tried applying it using my standard technique that I use with Chanel polishes (I usually get about 3 days wear now), and I saw chipping after one day. Not the result that I was hoping for.

The gold RC - Love this product. I have been using it to add some oomph over other lip products. I also can wear it alone. Love it!

The lip pencil - Still working with this one. I think that this is more a special occasion liner for me. Sort of like the gold eye liner from the recent holiday collection. I haven't been able to make this work for normal everyday use.

The powder - I prefer this on the cheeks as compared to the eyes. Though it applied very nicely on the lids, it faded too quickly even over UDPP. Plus working with the little stripes and eyeshadow brushes is a pain. Applied on the cheeks over blush it gives me "that special glow." It really doesn't act as bronzer on me though - NW 20/15. This product gives a very nice highlight, but I also have other products that give a nice highlight.

So I would recommend the RC and possibly the powder (more for the design & novelty of the compact). You may want to pass on the polish - unless you don't mind touch ups after one day & plus it is a shade that I have seen before. The gold liner is nice, but it is not an everyday wear item for me. So I really can't recommend it yet. I am still working with looks though.
Thanks!!! Your review is very helpful. I was thinking about the polish and powder but, not so much now.

Winthrop44

Quote: Originally Posted by Haven

Is it glittery looking or just shimmery? Does it have the same effect as She Gold lipglass from MAC's Manish Arora collection? I really liked that as it toned down my lip pigmentation in a kind of cool way....