Las Vegas de Chanel Collection

Anitacska

The collection is coming to the UK on the 24th February! http://www.makeup4all.com/chanel-las-vegas-makeup-collection

So excited! And the highlighter is "only" £48 which is a hell of a lot less than $95! For once UK prices are cheaper!
th_sign_woot.gif

Alisha1

The collection is coming to the UK on the 24th February! http://www.makeup4all.com/chanel-las-vegas-makeup-collection

So excited! And the highlighter is "only" £48 which is a hell of a lot less than $95! For once UK prices are cheaper!
th_sign_woot.gif

Thanks for letting us know!! Grr why is it not available at Selfridges Birmingham! I would love to see the collection face to face!!

Haven

Is it glittery looking or just shimmery? Does it have the same effect as She Gold lipglass from MAC's Manish Arora collection? I really liked that as it toned down my lip pigmentation in a kind of cool way....

I don't have She Gold, so I cannot compare. Sorry! How shimmery/glittery this product looks really depends on application - at least on me. Apply lightly & you get a nice shimmery effect. Heavy handed you get disco ball city. I really, really like it, as long as I apply lightly.

Also I have been trying out the liner applied over the MAC lip prep & prime, and it really is not that bad. As long as I use a light hand.

Haven

The polish is very pretty, but it does not wear well at all. The powder is great if you do not have a lot of highlighting products. If you do, then it may be a skip for you. As I mentioned before, I applied the powder on my eyes over UDPP and got a great look - which then faded very quickly.
Thanks!!! Your review is very helpful. I was thinking about the polish and powder but, not so much now.

Alisha1

So I rang my Selfridges Birmingham and was told they will not be getting the collection - I honestly don't understand the need for that counter as they never get any exclusives! Guess I have to order over the phone on Friday...

Is the highlighter really worth it? I really want it but I'm not sure how I would use it :/

SugarRush

I'm a chanel and nail polish addict so of course I die for that nail polish I hope i can get it or I will need to stay just with Diwali :(

Ernie

Bloomingdales in NYC has the collection as well.

I agree the RC is reaaly pretty, the liner was not something I would use, although it was very smooth and intense. I ended up with the powder, it looks nice as blush on my NC15 skin tone!

Miss QQ

^^ Enjoy, good that it can be used as a blush on you. What colour is the powder on you? Bronzy brown?

jRoxy13

I took some pics of the Rouge Coco Shine and Vernis. These are my first swatches other than nails, so please be kind! Let me know if there are too many photos, I just wanted to provide enough pics to be helpful.

Rouge Coco Shine - Brillant. The face swatches on the left are bare lips.

Brillant compared with #41 - Canotier, the most comparable RCS. They are very different in color, obviously. The finish is also different: Canotier (L) is more pearly (glowy, not frosty, though) and Brillant is more shimmery.

Le Vernis - Gold Fingers.

Comparisons L-R with #440 - Gold Lamé (more pink), Gold Fiction (true gold), Gold Fingers (more yellow) and #450 - Illusion d'Or (top coat, similar in color to GF). It isn't at all similar to the other Chanel golds I own.

The finish is very similar to Graphite. The closest non-Chanel polish I found in my stash (although most of my polish is boxed from moving) is OPI Dazzled by Gold (R). It is darker, more of an old gold, with larger particles, and with silver particles interspersed.

I hope these pics are helpful. I'm very happy with my purchases, although I'm kind of wobbling on whether or not to go back for the Lucky Stripes palette.

Winthrop44

Oh thank you SO MUCH for the great review and fantastic pictures. We could never have too many photos on here!! Very much appreciated.
heart.gif
Hope you enjoy it all.

elegant-one

Roxy - Your pics & swatches are great! And, you are lovely!!! Thanks so much for posting them.

Well shoot, I would love to have the Gold Lame, but its not on the site.

Miss QQ

Roxy - Thanks for your great swatches and comparison!

I have Gold Lame and Gold Fiction, and both look so different from Gold Fingers. To know Gold Fingers has the finish like Graphite which I love, I really want it too. But I probably shouldn't. Bad news for my wallet, I just got an email from Chanel saying the collection will be available from 6 March at the Chanel Studios. Not sure if I can resist the RC and powder. The truth is I love how the powder looks in the pan, but I'm not liking the price (who does) and I'm not sure if I can use it as a bronzer/highlighter/blusher.

Anitacska

I picked up the powder and the lipstick at the weekend in Selfridges. The testers were hidden in the corner, had to ask to see them, weird. The powder is really pretty. Not really sure why I got the lipstick, didn't even want it, but got talked into it. I'm too weak. It's very pretty though. :)

jmarie

Roxy Thanks for the great swatches and comparisons, I like them both more after seeing your pictures. It is very helpful.

Winthrop44

Roxy - Your pics & swatches are great! And, you are lovely!!! Thanks so much for posting them.

Well shoot, I would love to have the Gold Lame, but its not on the site.

Gold Lame was from 2010:

http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2010/...black-velvet-swatches-review-comparisons.html

I just got Golden Sand in a swap and really like it! Izzy's has Gold Lame but shows it as "temporarily sold out". So far in my experience that means sold out period, but maybe they really do get more of some things eventually?