Les Beiges - 2014 Collection

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I received the powder and I have to say that unfortunately I'm not happy with it. It's alright but I can't stand the scent and it also seems like I'm allergic to it as well. It's nice on the skin, but not special at the same time, it's basically just a little shimmer/glow that I can get with any other highlighter. This is the first Chanel product I'm returning.

Now the brush on the other hand is love.
heart.gif
So soft, I want to cuddle with it.
girlhaha.gif

Dominique33

I received the powder and I have to say that unfortunately I'm not happy with it. It's alright but I can't stand the scent and it also seems like I'm allergic to it as well. It's nice on the skin, but not special at the same time, it's basically just a little shimmer/glow that I can get with any other highlighter. This is the first Chanel product I'm returning. Now the brush on the other hand is love. :heart:  So soft, I want to cuddle with it. :haha:  
At least you have that brush but you mentioned the scent ? I didn ´ t notice any scent, but I have nose/throat/ears issues so it is maybe due to it. ? I noticed it was very sheer and light (01) and yes a Kabuki is necessary If you return it, well it must be really bad. In my opinion it is too sheer. Sorry for you, Naynadine.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
If you return it, well it must be really bad. In my opinion it is too sheer. Sorry for you, Naynadine.
Yes, the scent is different to any other Chanel powder product I have. Maybe it's not even that strong, but I'm sensitive when it comes to scents. I'm also allergic to Chanel perfumes like No5 and to the VA foundation, so I'm not even surprised, but still it's kind of sad because I was looking forward to the powder for a while.

Dominique33

Yes I know that you expected much from this powder. I am also allergic to N • 5 it is very strong. I hope you will find another bronzing product , a similar one would be Guerlain Terra Tropica but it is really poorly pigmented, light though. The Dior Shimmer ones are truly beautiful but shimmery. The Sephora one has very good reviews ( really good ! ) for fair skins so why not ?

Scorpio25

The Les Beiges All-in-One Healthy Glow fluid are now online at Nordstrom. I'd like to buy, but I haven't seen enough swatches to feel comfortable purchasing blind (only option-not near a store). The multi-glow powder is up too.

Happy shopping!

jebogewf

Yes, the scent is different to any other Chanel powder product I have. Maybe it's not even that strong, but I'm sensitive when it comes to scents. I'm also allergic to Chanel perfumes like No5 and to the VA foundation, so I'm not even surprised, but still it's kind of sad because I was looking forward to the powder for a while.
I'm not a fan of really strong scents either, well just a lot of fragrances in general. A lot of fragrances tend to give me migraines. I know that I thought the Les Beiges 01/02 scent was a little strong, but I've also noticed that it fades rather quickly. Have you tried waiting after you apply it to see if the scent goes away? I have 01, and I really like it, for the most part. I'm quite pale, so on me, it's a combination blush/highlighter. (I usually use it all swirled all together). It gives a really subtle glow. Emphasis on subtle, but I really like it. Except that powders aren't wearing down evenly.

Prettypackages

I'm still confused over the regular les beiges powder, and now the stripey one. I tried one last year, but the color she gave me was too dark...

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm not a fan of really strong scents either, well just a lot of fragrances in general. A lot of fragrances tend to give me migraines. I know that I thought the Les Beiges 01/02 scent was a little strong, but I've also noticed that it fades rather quickly. Have you tried waiting after you apply it to see if the scent goes away? I have 01, and I really like it, for the most part. I'm quite pale, so on me, it's a combination blush/highlighter. (I usually use it all swirled all together). It gives a really subtle glow. Emphasis on subtle, but I really like it. Except that powders aren't wearing down evenly.
Yes, I wore it for several hours. Even though the scent wasn't that noticable anymore, my nose was itching the whole time. That's why I think I'm allergic to it. I already returned it.

urbis

I finally got the belle mine fluid in 10. It's a fine product, it gives you that "it's me in a better way" look: it's quite sheer (but you can use the wonderful cc as a primer) and quite true to (my) skin colous (which in my case is a diorskin nude 20). I tried also the guerlain which has more coverage and has a buildable colour (that means "use a light hand"). I think cc plus belle mine plus the stripey powder is a good complexion enhancing trio

Beauty911

I bought the belle mine and the les beiges both in 30. I have a natural warm bronzy glow. I am actually quite impressed with the belle mine. Does anyone know if it limited edition or perm? I am hoping for perm. I like it better than aqualumerie.

patentg33k

I finally got the belle mine fluid in 10. It's a fine product, it gives you that "it's me in a better way" look: it's quite sheer (but you can use the wonderful cc as a primer) and quite true to (my) skin colous (which in my case is a diorskin nude 20). I tried also the guerlain which has more coverage and has a buildable colour (that means "use a light hand"). I think cc plus belle mine plus the stripey powder is a good complexion enhancing trio
which stripe powder are you using with this combination?

patentg33k

I'm still confused over the regular les beiges powder, and now the stripey one. I tried one last year, but the color she gave me was too dark...
So the color is supposed to be too dark. I actually had quite a heated discussion with the Chanel expert at the Rue Cambon store in Paris. Yeah, I guess I should have realized she knew her stuff. Anyway, it's supposed to give you a summer "just had a little color" glow. So usually I am a level 1.0 in Chanel and she sold me the les beiges powder in 30. It looks amazing lightly brushed all over my skin--like I had just spent the weekend in the French countryside. It's not a powder foundation. It's a "bonne mine" powder which is supposed to give you summer-like warm skin.

Of course, people should use the product however they like (although the Chanel expert was having none of that "do what you like" from me!). Ah, I adore the French, really I do. They know what's good for me, even when I don't know it myself.

urbis

So the color is supposed to be too dark.  I actually had quite a heated discussion with the Chanel expert at the Rue Cambon store in Paris. Yeah, I guess I should have realized she knew her stuff. Anyway, it's supposed to give you a summer "just had a little color" glow. So usually I am a level 1.0 in Chanel and she sold me the les beiges powder in 30. It looks amazing lightly brushed all over my skin--like I had just spent the weekend in the French countryside.  It's not a powder foundation. It's a "bonne mine" powder which is supposed to give you summer-like warm skin.   Of course, people should use the product however they like (although the Chanel expert was having none of that "do what you like" from me!).  Ah, I adore the French, really I do.  They know what's good for me, even when I don't know it myself.  
Let's say that the product is sheer so 30 is the minimum if you want a little bit of a bronze effect

beautyjunkie12

I picked up Les Beiges All in One Healthy Glow in #60 and while its a perfect match for me color wise I find my Bobbi Brown CC cream to do a much better job as far as wear-time. It turned into an oily mess after 4 hours of wear and I primed and set. I tried it without the primer another day and it did the same thing. Plus, the fragrance set off my husband's allergies. This cream is best suited for skin that leans more on the normal to dry side. I'm gonna keep it around for the winter months when my skin turns into the sahara desert.

Latest posts