Lets talk about eyebrows..

Sushi_Flower

I am obsessed with eyebrows..not just mine but everyones, so much so that it is the 1st thing i notice about a person now and in an instance i have worked out in my head how they could improve their eyebrows in my opinion... :| It's quiet worrying!

Anyway i don't have anyone else who would think i'm not mad for having a discussion about them so i'm sure you guys would be more than happy..

I'll just start it off by saying as an Indian i naturally had very thick, and long jet black eyebrows as a child and i suppose that's what started the obsession, plucking them for the 1st time a couple of years back made me feel great and since them i have groomed them like mad. I don't like the ultra thin look and can't fathom how some people will only go out if their eyebrows are 'drawn on', but that's not a criticism but as someone with very thick and pigmented brow hairs it's something strange to me..and i'm also right now struggling to figure out what lenght, thickness and style mine would best suit me..

Also i love having a big plucking session, it makes me feel really good afterwards but i always try to maintain them by plucking ones that need it, then directing the hairs up and trimming them rather than pluck, pluck, pluck which i think the people you see with bad brows do.

Also i don't think i'd ever let someone do my eyebrows, i've always done them myself and unless i got some great celebrity eyebrow groomer to do it for me i woudln't trust someone else.

user2

I love my eyebrows but I dont know how to fix them (plucking, cutting etc)!
And: I'm too stupid to form my brows exactly!

singinmys0ng

i've started to become obsessed with eyebrows too! Ive learned how to shape mine better and how long and how big they should be! It amazes me how your eyebrows define your face!

Eye<3Colour

i obsess so bad over mine. i use to get them waxed by a wonderful lady. but she moved away. so i went to someone else, and i hated how she did them. havnt had them waxed since. now i pluck pluck pluck. ive just recently gotten use to keeping them arched and shaped. but im still having issues on shapping the inside corners. i love plucking them, it makes my face feel so clean afterwards!! and i think it helps relieve stress too, least for me. im plucking out the days negative vibes!!
smiles.gif

Jude

I am part of the tweezer sisterhood. There is no way I would let anyone near my brows with hot wax...lol. I have seen way to many horrors to trust it. I tweeze everynight and morning, use two different pencils in varying shades to line just beneath the lower hairline. That is my guide. Then I fill in my brows with Trucco High Brow Trio. The lightest color for the thickest part of the brow and the second darkest for the part where the brow tapers near the temple.

As for the drawn on part. I do draw on the outer third of my brow so I can manipulate the arch to best suit my face. My natural arch is pretty straightish and I was never really happy with it. I think that the higher and more defined arch just suits my face.

Icky brows!

Picture%20081%20Medium%20Web%20view.jpg

better brows!

Picture%20257%20Medium%20Web%20view.jpg

Kristen

I am so freaking paranoid about my brows right now. It's about time someone wrote about them.

Let's see.. oh, when I was like 8, I shaved off like a cm of my eyebrows (smart eh?) So I'm pretty sure one eyebrow's growth is different than the other's. So for the past few years I've desperately been trying to fix them. And to add insult to injury.. the non retarded one (aka the one I didn't get with the razor) has a patch right above my tear duct that won't grow in. It's making me go insane. Oy.. and every time I go to an aesthetician.. I think it looks fine at first, but then I realise the patchy one is never corrected. Oy.

But between visits.. I'm the plucking queen. I spend so much time trying to grab the little wisp of a new hair or whatnot. It's pretty bad.. I wish I could just get new eyebrows.

Oy. My hair is black, but since my eyebrows are sparse.. they come out as a charcoal grey. It drives me insane tho since brow liner pencils and kits are always designed for blondes and brunettes!! I'm still trying to find the HG of eyebrow colour. I use this prestige pencil right now.. but I constantly fret that it looks fake. On a side note.. any MAC products that would be good to use to fill in charcoal grey eyebrows?

iiifugaziii

I suck at shaping mine.!! I need some professional help on them. haha. i don't know if I should grow them out and start over or if they are ok and I just need to primp them? or what. I feel like they're nasty most of the time, though. I'm afraid to pluck anything more than what's already done because I'm afraid I'll pluck too much...and I don't have anything to color my brows with. I've never done that before.

koolkatz

I wish I could do something with mine!! I'm Korean, so am cursed with eyebrows that grow DOWNwards, instead of to the side. To make it worse, the hairs in my left eyebrow grow in different directions! I pluck the excess all the time, but there's not much I can do about the thick ugliness. Gone to a few esthecians, but basically all they can do is TRIM. Gah! I would kill for normal eyebrows :-(

canadiangirl_1117

Gah I hate my brows. Hate hate hate.

One of my eyebrows has almost like a cowlick in it. There's a bit of a curl in the very end brow hairs, but if I pluck them out they look stupid, and if I trim it it either sticks straight out or curls up funny.

When I was 16, I thought those super-skinny brows were AWESOME. Now because I overplucked, my brows are patchy.

Oh and then there are the hairs that grow in blonde. I'm naturally a dark brunette, most of my brows are black, but then there's the few blonde hairs so it looks like I've got bald patches in my eyebrows. So I've got to fill them in, AND try to get them to sit nicely.

Thank god for Smashbox's Brow Tech. Wax to hold them in place so they don't flip out everywhere, and powder to fill in the patchy spots and color in the blonde hairs.

Gah.

Juneplum

well, i'm not obsessed with mine but i DO like to keep them very well maintained... I have them waxed twice a month and maintain in between by plucking the stray ones that pop up..

black mamba

I can thank an early obsession with Drew barymore for my over plucked brows.

But here's something I bet you didn't know. I have thyroid problems and having low thyroid levels can cause your eyebrow hair to fall out, especially towards the outer edges. So if you notice your losing your eyebrows in that area it wouldn't hurt to have your thyroid tested.

I love MAC's old brunette eyebrow pencil, but of course they don't make it anymore.

laceymeow

i use my cute pink tweezers.
smiles.gif
i had a bad waxing experience a long time ago and i've never let another person touch my brows since! sure, they may not be perfect, but i feel better doing it myself exactly how i want.

Sushi_Flower

Am i the only person who prefers my cheap blunt gold tipped tweezers rather than expensive sharper ones? I got more expensive sharper ones awhile back and hated them as they would pinch my skin and i had less control with them. I went back to my cheap ones which work so well with me, i can really get each hair with them.

It's good to know there are other obsessives out there!

Shoe Crazy

I am obsessed with waxing my eye brows because I am not so great at tweazing them although it never fails everytime I get them waxed I have to touch them up at home with my tweazer. I have recently been looking into getting my eye brows threaded http://www.shobhathreading.com/shobha_services.html#th this site explains the whole concept of threading pretty well. Has anyone ever tried it before? I'm always up to trying new things.

Sushi_Flower

I used to thread mine and still do bits by thread sometimes and thread any facial hair aswell. It's really effective, fast and gives clean results and is free if you do it yourself as you only need a thread!

PrettyKitty

Ha..... Brows....

But what can I do? I overplucked them, try to let them grow out since 3-4 months, but still not enough brows to let them alone without brow pencil.

So yeah, I have fake brows, but that's better than sparse brows.

Eye<3Colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
Am i the only person who prefers my cheap blunt gold tipped tweezers rather than expensive sharper ones? I got more expensive sharper ones awhile back and hated them as they would pinch my skin and i had less control with them. I went back to my cheap ones which work so well with me, i can really get each hair with them.

It's good to know there are other obsessives out there!

i've been using revelon slat tip tweezers for $3.00 for years and years. i love them!!!

Shoe Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
I used to thread mine and still do bits by thread sometimes and thread any facial hair aswell. It's really effective, fast and gives clean results and is free if you do it yourself as you only need a thread!

I'd be so scared to try threading them on my own! Do you have some sort of technique you go by for doing it on your own? Do you go about it just like tweezing? One year in my x-mas stocking my mom got me some cheapy eyebrow waxing kit and it was a disaster I like to leave these things up to the experts lol

sassy*girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe Crazy
I am obsessed with waxing my eye brows because I am not so great at tweazing them although it never fails everytime I get them waxed I have to touch them up at home with my tweazer. I have recently been looking into getting my eye brows threaded http://www.shobhathreading.com/shobha_services.html#th this site explains the whole concept of threading pretty well. Has anyone ever tried it before? I'm always up to trying new things.

I usually do threading once a month because it's on the way to my orthodontist's :p In between, I just tweeze it to maintain the shape. I've never tried waxing, though. Threading isn't so bad. My eyes get watery for a bit, but it's not extremely painful or anything. Quite tolerable. I like how they shape it, too. I only pay 4 bucks (CAD!) to get mine done, but I usualy round up to 5 to include a tip =) HTH