Lime Crime Lipstick

lilmsrosie87

I have the velvetines in Shroom and Pumpkin. I LOVE Pumpkin but unfortunately, I am allergic to something in the formula. Do you ladies know of any possible dupes? I've tried browsing Temptalia with no luck.

thefbomb

Teacup, limited edition, periwinkle shade! Available soon
View attachment 53264

this colour is pretty cute, I can't wait to see more photos of it. I definitely want it. I wonder if they'll make this perm or not. I was waiting until the next sale so that I could order Polly, Bleached, True Love & Cupid but I may just pick them up with this, at least a few of them anyway

Mixxi

I've never used any Lime Crime and I'm sure I'll love it so I've ordered both venus palettes and bleached, riot, red velvet, pumpkin, squash, shroom and cement velvetines *hides*

Shars

I have the velvetines in Shroom and Pumpkin. I LOVE Pumpkin but unfortunately, I am allergic to something in the formula. Do you ladies know of any possible dupes? I've tried browsing Temptalia with no luck.

I don't know of anything quite like it unfortunately. They've done a good job of bringing out some really original colours recently. I was going to order Pumpkin today but changed my mind. Have you tried wearing it with a lip primer underneath to have a barrier between your lip and that?

dollskill have some selected lime crime items on 30% off sale including the trio

Yayy. I ordered the trio with Beet, Cement and Sugarpill's Cold Chemistry palette which was at the ridiculous price of $10! I was going to add Pumpkin, Squash and the Venus II palette but changed my mind. Trying to be good lol.

Xenon a metallic gold velvetine arriving soon
View attachment 53389

Oh this is just beautiful. I can't wait to see how it'll play on other skin tones!

littlepickle

I don't have Pumpkin to compare, but the closest match I can think of is Notoriously Morbid Doppelganger. It might be a touch browner? It was originally released as Pumpkin King with their subscription service but has been made permanent under the name Doppelganger, hence the different name in my swatch. Awesome formula.

Notoriously Morbid Mystic Matte - Pumpkin King lipstick swatch 3.jpg

lilmsrosie87

I don't know of anything quite like it unfortunately. They've done a good job of bringing out some really original colours recently. I was going to order Pumpkin today but changed my mind. Have you tried wearing it with a lip primer underneath to have a barrier between your lip and that?

No I haven't tried that yet, but it sounds like a great idea! I will surely try it soon

LauraLara

i used to LIVE on this forum, but I've put off learning to use the new platform for months :( but anyway, I am a lipstick HOARDER and I love weird colors, so I was sure I had a pumpkin dupe and there is NOTHING like it. However! I have ALL the Mac lipmixes and tomorrow I'm gna see if I can't create a Pumpkin dupe using those. They have no expiration date and I actually like them even more than the velvetines (don't hate me!) so I figure if you had a recipe, like one part dark nude, two parts orange, one part yellow or something you could make a long-lasting batch and put it in a little plastic pill case or something. Anyway, I've been waiting for a chance to make a recipe since I bought these so I'm excited!

LauraLara

Okay here are the preliminary results (I have to get back to studying now!)

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

So it looks like an equal parts combo of 2, 4, and 5 ( Red, Deep-tone Nude, and Yellow) is the closest? I might try to get it a little closer later, but I'm totally shirking my duties right now :p

Latest posts