LOL @ Nars's "Looks"

Love Always Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
You will really like it.

i'm in love with it!!!!

for those of you who haven't seen the Make Up Your Mind book by Nars, it has on the left page the before picture of the model with no makeup, on the right page the finished look, and a transparency over the finished look outlining where and what products were applied. The book also has tons of tips too. i'm in love.

TDoll

001_unsure.gif
I'm gonna have nightmares about those face charts tonight...

hhunt2

OH SNAP!

That makes me NOT want to buy Nars products anymore. It reminds me of old American-Indian drawings. Or Cavemen drawings, haha.

kimmae17

you know i have been using nars for over 10 years and i have never thought twice about the face charts. i still have mine from the very FIRST time i went there in 1999. haha i just look at it as a way of showing what products they used. never paid much attention to the actual face itself.

Mizz.Yasmine

wtf? i think thats taking the whole not wanting to use generic models thing a bit far lol. they could use the nose with a better shaped face atleast or something!

Kuuipo

I always thought NARS face charts were so cool. A child could have drawn them, they have a naieve and honest quality. They could be any woman, they are no Barbie-fied. The looks are mainly colour combos by the artistic directors Ayako and James Boehmer. It was well thought not to use the same style face front like every makeup company uses.

Love Always Ivy

i feel that the drawing of the charts has no bearing on the quality of the look or makeup. i think its ignorant/shallow to go to the extreme of saying one would refuse to buy NARs makeup because of the chart template. i feel thats harsh.

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
i feel that the drawing of the charts has no bearing on the quality of the look or makeup. i think its ignorant/shallow to go to the extreme of saying one would refuse to buy NARs makeup because of the chart template. i feel thats harsh.

I totally agree w this

blackrose

I love Nars, but I do think the facecharts could be more attractive; its the lip area that bothers me..They wouldn't stop me from trying a look out though! actually, I bought everything from "Celestial".
thmbup.gif

pratbc

I totally understand and appreciate the concept behind the NARS facechart and it definitely would NOT keep me from buying their products. But I do agree with one poster above regarding how it could be difficult to work with a facechart that is only a profile view.
In all honesty (not trying to be rude or anything) when I first saw the face chart it looked to me like either (1) someone with a facial deformity or (2) something my 2 1/2 year old would bring home from school on Friday as part of his weekly artworks.
***runs and hides***

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunt2
OH SNAP!

That makes me NOT want to buy Nars products anymore. It reminds me of old American-Indian drawings. Or Cavemen drawings, haha.

th_confused_new.gif
Oh, brother.....sucks for you if you really feel that way.