LOL @ Nars's "Looks"

Beauty Mark

They're not something I'd want to hang on my wall, but I thought the purpose of a facechart was to show how the color was going to be laidout.

I find facecharts kind of odd looking anyway.

rbella

I don't really care about what the actual "drawing" of the face looks like. I just like to look at the color combinations. Also, I like that the NARS face charts have step by step instructions. That is very helpful to me instead of just listing the colors used.

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
I don't really care about what the actual "drawing" of the face looks like. I just like to look at the color combinations. Also, I like that the NARS face charts have step by step instructions. That is very helpful to me instead of just listing the colors used.

i totally agree
i think the description in words is so much more helpful then any picture

aleksis210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
There is a great BIG book with all the photos shot by NARS and the makeup done by him as well in a before and after step by step analysis called Makeup Your Mind. Its a great book to own if you love NARS.

This was my very first 'makeup' book...I think i got it like 4 years ago when I was 16 or something...changed me forever! lol amazing book, highly recommend it!

hotmodelchiq

my cousin can do these charts... shes 4... they give you NO idea how to get effective looks... MAC RULES THE CHART WORLD lol

Carlyx

lol.gif

kimmae17

i wouldnt say any face chart gives you the entire explanation on the look its all in the writen description that goes along with it

Deirdre

I find the charts make the makeup less accessible to me. I don't understand them, and it doesn't make me want to try the look. I sound like a big baby, but I really need structure in face charts, or I have difficulty understanding how to apply the makeup. I don't get a feel for the actual look from these, either.

I want to love NARS, but the mixed reviews on texture (mainly for eyeshadows), the cost, and my own limited experience make it hard for me to buy this over similarly popular/priced brands. :/

tiramisu

I
heart.gif
NARS.
The facecharts are somewhat odd, yes (lady with creepy fish lips)... but the products are generally fabulous and I can figure out what the look is going for in the explanations.
I never follow a facechart word for word anyways.. you've always got to tweak it to fit your skintone and preference anyways.

I don't think the charts are meant as literal interpretations anyhoo, unless like someone said, you are four. LOL

pink_lariat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziefishie
Aw, I like them! They're weirdly cute.
yes.gif

I was expecting them to be much worse, lol.

YES! I agree,they are weird, but kinda cute!! hehe.
yes.gif