London (UK) IMATS 2009

emmy282

Does anyone know what kind of a discount you get on the stuff at the show?
Also, I just checked the web site again, and MUFE isn't showing up as an exhibitor any more! I new it was too good to be true...
ssad.gif

Kayteuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
I'm going to see if I can get there for Sunday afternoon if I can find a cheap early morning flight from Belfast.

I can fly over from Belfast with you, its where I will be coming from too! PM me!

We should all have "Specktra forum" t shirts made so we can meet up! With our usernames on!
smiles.gif
And then we can get a group pic! LOL!

aeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy282
Does anyone know what kind of a discount you get on the stuff at the show?
Also, I just checked the web site again, and MUFE isn't showing up as an exhibitor any more! I new it was too good to be true...
ssad.gif

Normally 20-30% depending on the vendor. You can email specific ones to find out before hand.

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Iam def going
smiles.gif
Iam going with ones from college, we study makeup so its going to be great
greengrin.gif
I will look out for everyone
greengrin.gif
x

vocaltest

this has probably been asked but... you know the student tickets? i haven't got an NUS card so do you reckon they will accept my university card??

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
this has probably been asked but... you know the student tickets? i haven't got an NUS card so do you reckon they will accept my university card??

I think that will be okay, I havent got a NUS card either, just the college card. I think as long as it has picture name etc it should be okay
smiles.gif
x

emeraldjewels

I just booked my ticket and hotel, I'm going on both days.

I'm going to london with friends but they aren't coming with me to the imats show. I'm just meeting them afterwards for a night out. So if you see me there say hi!!

I'm really excited now, I don't really know what to expect.

How much spending money are people thinking of taking????

shinypixiedust

I'm going! Coming from way up north so travelling down on Fri night and will hopefully find my way there Sat morning
smiles.gif
I've yet to make travel & accom arrangements so lets I hope I'm left with some spending money (Emeraldjewels - I'm taking my cc - lets leave it at that lol!) Kayte - sounds like a Specktra henparty!! A meet & groupshots would be fun though
greengrin.gif
How many people have bought their tickets? xxx

amber_j

I don't think I'll be able to get there in time. I'm taking a noon flight from Belfast (it's my friend's birthday so I know I won't be able to get up for an earlier one) and will probably get to IMATS for the last couple of hours if I'm lucky. Really want to see and meet everyone though
ssad.gif
Will anyone be staying til the end on Sunday? Will there be anything left to buy???
lol.gif

shinypixiedust

When I get a bit of time in the week I'm gonna try & compile a list/ arrange a meet if possible. Amber- my guess is most people are going Saturday (including myself) but there is a big list of names on here so we shall find out who's going when
smiles.gif
I'm sorry you will miss the majority of it - hope you can still make it! xx

caffn8me

I'm hoping to go (I've been before) but am not sure which day or whether I'll do both days. I need to study the seminar programme to decide.

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
I got my tickets! Going on the 25th!
smiles.gif
yes.gif

Yay, another Sunday person!

emmy282

Just popping in to say that i hope all you lovely ladies have a great time tomorrow (and on Sunday!).
I won't be able to go after all, have to stay in Spain and work.
ssad.gif

But I expect loooads of photos so that I can see what I've missed out on!
yes.gif

caffn8me

Having just decided to enrol in ice skating classes, I really need to save my money at the moment so won't be along to IMATS unfortunately. Next year I'll hopefully be working again and will make it.

vocaltest

i'm gonna beg my mum to borrow some money so i can go on sunday. at the moment, i can't go. if it was next week i could, i get paid on thursday
ssad.gif

Blushbaby

I'm going tomorrow with my friend and am broke after my recent visit to NY so will banking on bagging freebies all day!!!!!!!!

We just came bk from Ally Pally (I can see it from my bedroom window) cos my friend had tickets for today's show but arrived bk from DC this morning and was shattered. We went to ask if we could swap the tix for tomorrow's show instead - which was a-ok with them. Thankfully!

Looked like there was a really good turnout.

For those who went today, what freebies were on offer and which stands did you see?

vocaltest

ohh man
ssad.gif
i just saw someones post on mac lj and they've giving out pro cards. i'm begging my mum to lend me money but she won't *cries*. anyone wanna sign up for a pro card for me? lol

makeupmadb

Ditto, I wish I could've gone. I want a pro card
ssad.gif

Laura (lollipop26) on twitter said the pro discount is 35%
Hope some of you get to go tomorrow who haven't gone today!