London (UK) IMATS 2009

Blushbaby

OMG!!!

I need to get my hands on a Pro Card tomorrow!!! I can't bloody wait now!!! How will I sleep tonight?!!

emmy282

Oh no... Don't tell me they gave out PRO cards... Sooooo jealous
ssad.gif

I hate my job!!!!!

Blushbaby

I'm back...and now the proud owner of a MAC PRO card - feel free to hate me right now!!!!!!!!!
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
tong.gif
tong.gif
tong.gif
tong.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
:y ahoo:
yahoo.gif

Just had to pay £25 and got a temp one to use til the real one comes through in about 4 wks.

HUGE thank you to my girl, and fellow Specktrite MissVirtue for giving me her spare ticket (after her friend dropped out) and saving me from passing out at the MAC Pro stall this afternoon!!
greengrin.gif

amber_j

Darn! I had to work after I got back from Belfast today. Wish I'd been able to get a Pro Card. Oh well, I'm glad some of you Specktra ladies managed to get yours!

uh_oh_disco

Heya ladies, I went on the Sunday (didn't recongize anybody off Specktra there
ssad.gif
) but I did get some pics at the show!

imats97.jpg

The student competition.

imats98.jpg

Bodypainting at the MUFE stand.

imats996.jpg

Airbrushing at The Edge's stand.

imats2.jpg

MAC Pro models with airbrushed/ hand painted tattoos.

wonderdust

Wow looks like it was a really good event. I'm also jealous about the Mac pro cards, never mind there's always next year!

What things did people buy/get free?

uh_oh_disco

It was a fight to get anywhere NEAR the MAC Pro stand. Seriously. I'd wanted to buy a few things but even I just saw the amount of people around it and walked away :/ They needed two stands to be honest.

I got the Ben Nye blush palette, Kryolan lip palette and powder, Ben Nye final seal spray and MUFE #92.

x.DOLLYMiX.x

I went on Saturday and didnt see anyone from here
ssad.gif
. I managed to get a few mac items and got a MUFE primer for 12.50 :O bargain!!

wonderdust

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh_oh_disco
It was a fight to get anywhere NEAR the MAC Pro stand. Seriously. I'd wanted to buy a few things but even I just saw the amount of people around it and walked away :/ They needed two stands to be honest.

I got the Ben Nye blush palette, Kryolan lip palette and powder, Ben Nye final seal spray and MUFE #92.

Great haul. I sooooo want MUFE #92
drools.gif

Blushbaby

Quote:

You think? We went and played at the counter about 4 times and only turned back once cos it was busy. Sure there were people always milling around but to be honest i actually thought it'd be busier!!

I went to that MAC lecture featuring the 2 models with the hand painted tattoos. I had trouble staying awake in it to be honest.

There were no freebies or goody bags which was kinda disappointing. The only 'freebie' my friend and I walked away with were disposable mascara wands (wow!).

I got a wicked magnetic palette which holds any brand of e/s pan (will easily hold at least 12) and has a long mirror inside. It's perfect for weekends away holidays or even when you're going to a friends house to get ready for a night out.

I also got a couple of brushes too.

I really wanted to get some Ben Nye stuff but was brrrrrrrrrrrroke so will just wait for the site which the company selling it (I can't remember their name) are launching in a couple od weeks. I signed up to receive a brochure so am looking fwd to that as I love the lumiere shadows.

I may go back next year..but if I don't I won't feel I've missed out as I expected there to be more stands and more brands available.

vocaltest

i'm kicking myself so much for not going. when i originally went to book my tickets i didn't have enough money, and every pay day i was like 'i'll get a ticket', then christmas appeared and i just had no money.

is it just me, or does anyone think it was placed at a really ridiculous time? at the END of the month in january, the month where no one has any money, let alone at the end!

i'm def gonna go next year. as soon as i find out about it i'm booking the saturday off work and going for sure!!

btw blushbaby i'm possibly going to NY in july for my 21st so i'm keeping your offer in mind in your signature! oh and whats this ben nye website?

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
i'm kicking myself so much for not going. when i originally went to book my tickets i didn't have enough money, and every pay day i was like 'i'll get a ticket', then christmas appeared and i just had no money.

is it just me, or does anyone think it was placed at a really ridiculous time? at the END of the month in january, the month where no one has any money, let alone at the end!

i'm def gonna go next year. as soon as i find out about it i'm booking the saturday off work and going for sure!!

btw blushbaby i'm possibly going to NY in july for my 21st so i'm keeping your offer in mind in your signature! oh and whats this ben nye website?

Yeah having it at the end of January was ridiculous. I thought it'd be packed with people and it wasn't!

Both rooms are avail for July at the mo, so just send me a PM when you're ready hon.

The stall that was selling Ben Nye are launching a website soon so you can buy the stuff online. The guy who was talking to us said that everybody who signed up would receive a phone call and a brochure (if they ticked the box) to take any orders.

As soon as I hear from them I'll post the website addy up for everybody.

wonderdust

Hi Blush baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
I got a wicked magnetic palette which holds any brand of e/s pan (will easily hold at least 12) and has a long mirror inside. It's perfect for weekends away holidays or even when you're going to a friends house to get ready for a night out.

Any idea of the company that make the palette it sounds great for travel etc! Definatly worth a lookie.

Quote:
I really wanted to get some Ben Nye stuff but was brrrrrrrrrrrroke so will just wait for the site which the company selling it (I can't remember their name) are launching in a couple od weeks. I signed up to receive a brochure so am looking fwd to that as I love the lumiere shadows.

Ohh when you hear anything could you please post the company details on Specktra. I really want a Grande Lumière Palette but cant see me shipping one over from the USA somehow. TIA
kissy.gif

I really wish I'd got the chance to go the IMATS, I was broke as hell anyway. I might find myself there next year
yes.gif

allthatgl1tt3rs

I feel ever so slightly ashamed that I didn't hear of this event in time
ssad.gif

I got so excited when I went on the website then noticed the date and was like "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o!" *sniff*

Gutted.

Oh well, next year then. Annoying though, because a couple of weeks ago I was invited to the Vitality Show and it did make me think about makeup-specific events. I was gonna search around for them and if I had looked then I might have stumbled across this!

Oh the woe. And the missing out on a PRO card. Well I'll hopefully earn that once I've completed my course but hey...

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderdust
Hi Blush baby

Any idea of the company that make the palette it sounds great for travel etc! Definatly worth a lookie.

Ohh when you hear anything could you please post the company details on Specktra. I really want a Grande Lumière Palette but cant see me shipping one over from the USA somehow. TIA
kissy.gif

I really wish I'd got the chance to go the IMATS, I was broke as hell anyway. I might find myself there next year
yes.gif

Yep, got the palette from DLSH They do a really good sized travel bag with a palette included too which my friend bought. It fits full size brushes in it and has a detachable clear makeup bag too.

I'll def post that Ben Nye site when I get it. I want the Lumiere palette too!
tong.gif

aeni

Quote:
Heya ladies, I went on the Sunday (didn't recongize anybody off Specktra there
ssad.gif
) but I did get some pics at the show!

imats97.jpg

The student competition.

My man and makeup is on the far right there.

As for it being smaller than LA - totally. I don't know why Michael has it placed at the end, but you can always write to him to complain about it (I'm personally fine with it). The good thing about smaller is that you can comparison shop faster and you can see pretty much all the classes and shows. In LA you might have 3 classes you want to go to, but they're all at the same time. Also I didn't make it around to all the booths in LA b/c it was packed and crowded.

PS - next time go on Sunday when it's less busy and stay till the end. Ask a vendor if they have something they don't want to take home b/c I ended up with a lot of stuff from Smooth-on in my luggage.

Here's the video from the competition:
YouTube - IMATS LONDON 2009 Character FX Competition awards show

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatgl1tt3rs
Oh well, next year then. Annoying though, because a couple of weeks ago I was invited to the Vitality Show and it did make me think about makeup-specific events. I was gonna search around for them and if I had looked then I might have stumbled across this!

The Vitality show is fun. I've been for the past 2 yrs and have come home with more freebies than I could carry! Free yoghurt anyone?
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
PS - next time go on Sunday when it's less busy and stay till the end. Ask a vendor if they have something they don't want to take home b/c I ended up with a lot of stuff from Smooth-on in my luggage.

We did go on Sunday. I said to my friend that they'd probably give some stuff away or really cheaply at the end but we got there at 12pm and by by 4pm really couldn't last another minute so we left. We could have left at 3pm to be honest but just dragged out another hour!

If I go next year I'll go on the Sunday again and get there for the last couple of hours so I can get some price slashed bargains.

Blushbaby

I found the company selling Ben Nye there after looking through the IMATS program and doing some googling. The site isn't live yet but you can still call them and and place orders
choochoo.gif

Treasure House

uh_oh_disco

Aeni, nice job. Your guy was actually my favourite mutant haha.

Blushbaby, yup, it was heaving. It was quiet at first, but I was walking around with friends seeing what was on. When I went later I couldn't even get close to the stand. I was asked if I needed any help by one of the assistants walking around though, but I like to have a look before I buy anything.