MAC 2012 "Making Pretty" Couture Collection Discussion (December 2012)

BuickMackane

Thanks for the link
flower.gif

Runaway Red looks more like the Shop/Cook version, which I already have. Had it been closer to the original I might have considered it.

re: 3N - I honestly can't see what the fuss is about. It doesn't strike me as anything special. Or maybe it's one of those lippies one has to see in person to appreciate
001_unsure.gif

Yay! I'm chuffed to bits that I'm skipping a MAC collection!
bigstar.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I didn't realize T has reviews on the products. Thanks for the links.
So the lipsticks do contain more product then the regular ones?
th_confused_new.gif
Can someone who bought one confirm?

MissTT

kimibos

Do her readers lack reading comprehension skills? She explained the value of the brushes alone to be minimally $92 w/o considering inflation, specialty packaging, nor the case yet a quarter of the comments are balking at the $100 price tag.
bangdesk.gif
I wouldn't have the patience to run a blog of that magnitude.
just realized that?? i usually go directly to the comments to have a laugh. they are all extremely negative, and hate mac.

gracie90

just realized that?? i usually go directly to the comments to have a laugh. they are all extremely negative, and hate mac.
It makes me glad that I belong to the community here where everyone is so understanding and nice :)

Yazmin

Guess the only thing I might walk away with from this collection is the mystery powder. That's a big 'if' at this point.

kimibos

im thinking about the brushes, they are a good deal. but then the cheap me tells me i can get more from strength or apres chic. oh and all my brushes wont be the same. im building my mac and nars collection in slow motion.

duckrodeo

I'm definitely getting the brush set. It's perty and I've been meaning to get a powder brush for a while :-D

MissTT

T's cost analysis is actually making me want to get the brushes now since it's essentially just regular price, but the good girl in me is saying wait until CCO since I actually just want the 136. Although another person says that will be in about 9 months. Do you realize that is in August/September???

Naughtyp

Went to the pro store today and they said NOPE to any pre-orders for this collection. Oh well!! guess i wasnt meant to have 3N....but i think it might be too light anyways. Maybe i will get pure zen instead since T said it was a lil darker and pinker . and half the price!! lol
we will see if i show up early next week to try n get it tho! lol

ForeverJenn

Went to the pro store today and they said NOPE to any pre-orders for this collection. Oh well!! guess i wasnt meant to have 3N....but i think it might be too light anyways. Maybe i will get pure zen instead since T said it was a lil darker and pinker . and half the price!! lol
we will see if i show up early next week to try n get it tho! lol
Same here, Pure Zen seems more wearable to me. I don't understand the buzz around 3N, I don't think it does anything for T's lips

martiangurll

Love the rose gold ferrule but not the faux leather. I could see me getting over that and snapping the brush set up at the CCO discount price, however.

Naughtyp

Thanks for the link
flower.gif

Runaway Red looks more like the Shop/Cook version, which I already have. Had it been closer to the original I might have considered it.

re: 3N - I honestly can't see what the fuss is about. It doesn't strike me as anything special. Or maybe it's one of those lippies one has to see in person to appreciate
001_unsure.gif

Yay! I'm chuffed to bits that I'm skipping a MAC collection!
bigstar.gif
Which collection was the origional Runway Red?
I got my during MAc Me Over collection....

Latest posts