MAC 2012 "Making Pretty" Couture Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Naughtyp

Same here, Pure Zen seems more wearable to me. I don't understand the buzz around 3N, I don't think it does anything for T's lips
ya i guess i bought into the hype lol i still might go check in person, but i probably wont get it....(3N) and maybe one day ill get pure zen when im not buying all these LE products!

BuickMackane

Which collection was the origional Runway Red? I got my during MAc Me Over collection....
It was first released in Mac Me Over, IIRC.

You're so lucky to have the MMO version! I love the SC version too but the MMO one had that extra ooomph.

Naughtyp

oh ok cool ;) lol it really is a beautiful red and I love the texture of it as well.. it's weird how they change colors like that!

mel890

Hey guys don't know if this was posted already but, making pretty is available on Nordstrom site now

MACina

Both lippies are sold out now.And also the medium plus Sheer Mystery Powder (+ the brush set).

I did not expect a Mystery Powder to sell out that fast (it is already sold out for a few days)!

martiangurll

Both lippies are sold out now.And also the medium plus Sheer Mystery Powder (+ the brush set).

I did not expect a Mystery Powder to sell out that fast (it is already sold out for a few days)!
Its a marketing gimmick to drive up the demand, methinks...

tattletale

my location got very limited quantities of this. 9 3n 1 will be made a tester 6 runaway red 1 will be made a tester 3 brush sets 1 will be a tester 15 silver dusk and 3 of each mystery powder. and im very happy about this because the pricing on the couture collections tend to scare customers so now its easier for the artist to get rid of the products

XxMoOmOoxX

Its a marketing gimmick to drive up the demand, methinks...
Even though I know that this is a marketing gimmick, I still fall for it.
th_wallbash.gif

When MAC had the brush set on their website, I didn't buy it because the case and brush handle looked cheap in bloggers' pictures.
Then, I found out that the brush set was sold out and I went frantic and kept stalking the site to see if they would restock.
When Nordstrom posted the collection on their website, I immediately placed an order for the brush set, but then they cancelled my order and said the brush set was unavailable, which is weird because they still allow you to add the brush set in your cart and checkout.

MissTT

I caved and got the brush set from my Nordstrom SA. I get major lemmings when things start selling out. I thought I'd have time to think about it more.

MissTT

I just placed my order with my SA last night and she lives across the country from me so I'll have to report back next week.

Naughtyp

my nords didn't have it so I stopped by the Mac store and tried on 3N. I love the way it feels , it looked better with lipliner. I caved and bought it since I have kinda been obsessing over it. kept trying to convince myself it was too light, too expensive. but I'm glad I was able to get it ;)

duckrodeo

I haven't tried the brushes yet with products, but they do feel very soft! The handles of course have a different feel to them. The texture plus I feel they're a smidgen thicker than a traditional MAC brush.

I do love 3N and I'm glad I got one. I had hoped to get a BU once I got paid again, but oh well. At least there is more product in one couture lipstick.

MissTT

What lip liners would work well with 3N? I don't know if this lipstick would work for me since I am C7/NC44-45.

Latest posts