MAC 2012 "Making Pretty" Couture Collection Discussion (December 2012)

MACina

I am so excited for the brush set
pompom.gif

The brushes and the case look sooooo pretty
eyelove.gif

And I do not own the 282 yet and can not wait to test it!

Looks like it's 3N and the brushes for me!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I think I'm skipping. As pretty as everything looks. I'd like to get 3N, but I don't think I want to spend that much on it. I'm also wondering how many grams they contain, if it's more than the regular l/s. If it's more I might change my mind.
The brushes are not really tempting, if I was going to spend that much on brushes at once, I'd rather get a Suqqu, Tom Ford or Hakuhodo one.

pemily

I think I'm skipping. As pretty as everything looks. I'd like to get 3N, but I don't think I want to spend that much on it. I'm also wondering how many grams they contain, if it's more than the regular l/s. If it's more I might change my mind. The brushes are not really tempting, if I was going to spend that much on brushes at once, I'd rather get a Suqqu, Tom Ford or Hakuhodo one. 
Never crossed my mind to wonder if they were bigger? I got haku brushes and they are amazing just make sure you clean with alcohol!!! Not brush off with your hand as they say! I got moths Spent 6 hours cleaning yesterday

CLO89

Making Pretty is showing up on the MAC site! But it says "COMING SOON"...I know in the past this has taken anywhere from hours to days to come in! But looking at the description, it looks like they are the same size as a traditional MAC lipstick :( 3g

ForeverJenn

anyone who owns runaway red & Charmed I'm sure (from the M.M collection), is it worth having both? I have C.I.S + a back up, so idk if I should get runaway red?

valkolak

I wonder if RR will look more like the original this time around. Kinda doubt it but if it does I might have to get it. I was thinking about 3N but for the price I think I'd rather get a high end nude lippie and my list of things I want to try is a mile long.

Yazmin

I was set on getting RR - that is until I saw the price. I already have RR from a previous collection, so the packaging is not enough to make me want to pay $28 for this lipstick. Ain't happenin'...

Mac-Guy

I was set on getting RR - that is until I saw the price. I already have RR from a previous collection, so the packaging is not enough to make me want to pay $28 for this lipstick. Ain't happenin'...
The couture prices are crazy this year.
wacko.gif

Anneri

I think I'm skipping. As pretty as everything looks. I'd like to get 3N, but I don't think I want to spend that much on it. I'm also wondering how many grams they contain, if it's more than the regular l/s. If it's more I might change my mind.
The brushes are not really tempting, if I was going to spend that much on brushes at once, I'd rather get a Suqqu, Tom Ford or Hakuhodo one.
iagree.gif

BuickMackane

MAC is going to have a hard time shifting this collection imo. USD28 for lippie in special cardboard packaging? Really? I don't even want to think what the European prices will be like.

Give it a few months and there'll be more 3Ns in CCOs than you can shake a stick at
lol.gif

Pinkdollface

MAC is going to have a hard time shifting this collection imo. USD28 for lippie in special cardboard packaging? Really? I don't even want to think what the European prices will be like.

Give it a few months and there'll be more 3Ns in CCOs than you can shake a stick at
lol.gif
I heard at my local counter that this won't come to the netherlands. I don't think couture collections ever sold well here.
I'm much happier with my Guerlain balls than I would have been with one of these powders. Guerlain has much nicer packaging and no cardboard, seriously Mac cardboard for a couture collection...
th_crazy2.gif

jenntoz

I would think the cardboard packaging is the dust stuff, like how the guerlain meteorites packaging is, no?
I don't think the rest is cardboard but IDK for sure

jenntoz

lol.gif

I heard at my local counter that this won't come to the netherlands. I don't think couture collections ever sold well here.
I'm much happier with my Guerlain balls than I would have been with one of these powders. Guerlain has much nicer packaging and no cardboard, seriously Mac cardboard for a couture collection...
th_crazy2.gif
I've always thought the balls packaging was cardboard?
EDIT... OK I checked & they stopped using cardboard in summer 2010 & switched to tin packaging since then

gracie90

I would think the cardboard packaging is the dust stuff, like how the guerlain meteorites packaging is, no?
I don't think the rest is cardboard but IDK for sure
That's what I thought - using card for brushes would be a bit mental!

Latest posts