MAC 2012 "Making Pretty" Couture Collection Discussion (December 2012)

KMQE716

It's been d/c for quite some time now, so the chances are slim, especially as it was a Pro-only brush. But good luck on your search. I hope you find it.
I've been meaning to tell you, I went to that CCO and there was ONE MORE!!! I died in the store!!! Oh man I about cried in the store! The brush had a little wiggle in the top but I didn't care lol I just bought it. Thanks so much again for even talking about it :)

KMQE716

The 136 that I have is super harsh... Now that I think ab it I wonder if the CCO I went to had a 136 or a 138. Maybe I need to call and make one last trip before we leave

Pinkdollface

Tell me about it. Reading about the stuff people find in CCOs makes my jaw drop (accompanied by uncontrollable drooling). We should get together and organise a CCO road trip!
Great idea I'm in:p There is one in belgium, but you need an invite for it. Maybe I can give them a call and explain my love for makeup and maybe they'll let me in?

Mac-Guy

I've been meaning to tell you, I went to that CCO and there was ONE MORE!!! I died in the store!!! Oh man I about cried in the store! The brush had a little wiggle in the top but I didn't care lol I just bought it. Thanks so much again for even talking about it :)
Yes, I knew they had one left, but it's broken. It has a loose ferrule. I wouldn't recommend buying this brush as it will come apart once you start using it. My friend had it in her hands and I was like "nooooooo." It's too expensive to buy a faulty product.

luvlydee

The 282SE is actually the 286SE. They made a mistake when they printed it :) The official blurb I got from MAC says: "Opp! (We switched the brush names). The brush marked 286SE is actually 282SE, and vice versa."
I ended up having one of those messed up sets. I was actually upset. Now i cant even sell the two eyebrushes since the label is screwed up and i havent even used them! I only got the set for the 187 and 130 brushes

BuickMackane

There is one in belgium, but you need an invite for it. Maybe I can give them a call and explain my love for makeup and maybe they'll let me in?
Worth a try!
smiles.gif

Or we could get some balaclavas and try climbing through a window in the middle of the night.

Mac-Guy

I ended up having one of those messed up sets. I was actually upset. Now i cant even sell the two eyebrushes since the label is screwed up and i havent even used them! I only got the set for the 187 and 130 brushes
It is annoying, but I guess that makes them special. I'd keep them.

Medgal07

This is quite late because I was ill. When I got my order several weeks ago I checked it for content only. I had preordered well in advance of the release. I ordered the brush set, the mystery powder compact and 3N. I got everything but 3N. I had inadvertently been given Runaway Red, which I already have. I called my MUA from my local free-standing MAC store and alerted her to the error. She was horrified about the mixup and upset because they were sold out. She said, "I'll fix this." I told her that it wasn't a big deal because I love red lippies and a girl can never have too many. Fast forward to this week when I received my Apres Chic preorder from this same store. Nestled in with my Apres Chic items was---yes, a Making Pretty 3N. I was also allowed to keep the Making Pretty Runaway Red. I know there have been countless stories of frustration with MAC orders, but yet again I have to say how very fortunate I am!

Prettypackages

those are beautiful!!! what color powder did you get?

what do the mystery powders do? Are they like Forever Marlyin or Elude?

CartoonChic

I haven't been in this thread much since I decided to skip this collection. I'm just popping in to say that I found a 136 at my CCO thanks to MissTT. She told me about her find, so I called up my CCO to see if they had any. For once it had something. Went down there today and got one. It's such a nice brush. I'm very glad to add it to my brush collection. That's also great info you posted about the brush, Pinkdollface.

XxMoOmOoxX

Personally, I don't see much difference between the MAC Sheer Mystery Powder and MAC Select Sheer pressed powder. The Mystery Powder is slightly silkier, but it gives me the same sheer non-cakey finish as the Select Sheer pressed powder does. I like both, but love the couture packaging more, of course.

Pinkdollface

I haven't been in this thread much since I decided to skip this collection. I'm just popping in to say that I found a 136 at my CCO thanks to MissTT. She told me about her find, so I called up my CCO to see if they had any. For once it had something. Went down there today and got one. It's such a nice brush. I'm very glad to add it to my brush collection. That's also great info you posted about the brush, Pinkdollface.
I'm glad it helped you:) I hope you will enjoy the brush as much as I do. Also I'm going to get a BU of this brush thanks to the lovely Yazmin
yahoo.gif

Medgal07

Thanks for the info about the difference between the old en new 136. They seemed different from the pics to me and I can see from your side by side pic that the new one is indeed denser. I like the fact that the old one is not dense actually, because it helps to apply coloured powders lightly all over the face. I have to be careful with bronzer and this brush is perfect for it. I also love it with a powder like Forever Marilyn or the Guerlain meteorites. I get the product on the tip of the brush and not on the side and because the brush is pinched it's easy to apply bronzer just on the contours of the face and not get it on too large parts of the face. With something like the 150 I think you will apply the product heavier and on larger parts so that's the main difference to me. If you like to be able to build up products than the old 136 is perfect. I can't speak about the new one of course. I'm jealous that you find one in the cco for only $44
tong.gif
I wish I could go to a cco and find gems like this brush...
I like the 138, Tapered Face brush for the same reason. The tapered end allows me to place powder around my nostrils and the narrower portion of my temples. I have not yet used any of the items that I purchased from this collection.

Medgal07

I got the Mystery powder in 'Dark' and in terms of shade it looks just like my MSF Natural, 'Medium Deep'. I relied upon my local MAC store MUA/Manager/Guru to select this for me as she does the lion share of what I purchase from MAC. BTW, she has yet to be wrong! I have not yet used it so I can't compare it to MSF Natural or any of the other finishing powders that I use in terms of its performance. The compact came with an extra powder insert which I had forgotten about. Of course that will only be meaningful if I like the powder. I expect that I will!
girlhaha.gif

martiangurll

Dang you guys are making me want a 136. Oh well, as with all the MAC brushes, in an hour I will forget the number. I wish they could give them names, like Cindy or Bertha or something. Oh well, saving me money.

XxMoOmOoxX

Oh so you basically got two powders for that price with the compact?
Yes, but each powder contains 8g. So, it's 16g + limited edition packaging for $65. The MAC MSF natural powders contain 10g for $29, while the MAC Select Sheer powders contain 12g for $24.