MAC 2012 "Making Pretty" Couture Collection Discussion (December 2012)

MissTT

thmbdn.gif

MissTT

I need lip liner or lip gloss advice. I'm considering trying 3N, but am afraid it is too pale for me. I am NC45 with lips pigmented chocolate brown (bottom lip is about 1/4 medium pink). Any ideas on how this lipstick translates on someone of my coloring? Is there a lip liner or or gloss I should be trying to make it more wearable? No MAC in my state so I can't try it in store. The only light lip color I have ever worn is MUFE Aqua Rouge Rosewood.

Pinkdollface

I like the 138, Tapered Face brush for the same reason. The tapered end allows me to place powder around my nostrils and the narrower portion of my temples. I have not yet used any of the items that I purchased from this collection.
I love the 138 too! I use it everyday with my powder that I set my foundation with. I don't like using my setting powder brush for other powders like bronzer as well. I like to have a separate brush for it and now I even have an extra 136 from a cp and I can use one for my Forever Marilyn/Guerlain Meteorites and the other for bronzer yippi!

Medgal07

I love the 138 too! I use it everyday with my powder that I set my foundation with. I don't like using my setting powder brush for other powders like bronzer as well. I like to have a separate brush for it and now I even have an extra 136 from a cp and I can use one for my Forever Marilyn/Guerlain Meteorites and the other for bronzer yippi!
Way to go Pinkdollface! I like separate brushes too & don't get concerned about how many I have to wash every night--just love brushes in general!!!
curtsey.gif

Pinkdollface

Way to go Pinkdollface! I like separate brushes too & don't get concerned about how many I have to wash every night--just love brushes in general!!!
curtsey.gif
Haha yay! I don't wash them every night, because I use brush cleanser on all brushes I used when I'm done with my makeup. I have this handy spray bottle that I put the brush cleaner in and this way it's easy to use on bigger brushes too! The drop thingy that is on the bottle the brush cleanser normally comes in just isn't handy for those big brushes and you have to use way too much product. I also love brushes. I have 35 Mac brushes right now and love all of them
love.gif

Yazmin

curtsey.gif

Haha yay! I don't wash them every night, because I use brush cleanser on all brushes I used when I'm done with my makeup. I have this handy spray bottle that I put the brush cleaner in and this way it's easy to use on bigger brushes too! The drop thingy that is on the bottle the brush cleanser normally comes in just isn't handy for those big brushes and you have to use way too much product. I also love brushes. I have 35 Mac brushes right now and love all of them
love.gif
Brushes are my favorite part of makeup! I've become a total brush whore. MAC and Real Techniques are my favorites and I can't wait until I can afford to add some Louise Young brushes to my collection.

Pinkdollface

Brushes are my favorite part of makeup! I've become a total brush whore. MAC and Real Techniques are my favorites and I can't wait until I can afford to add some Louise Young brushes to my collection.
I try to keep it at one brand, so that I don't spend even more
girlhaha.gif
But I do hope Mac will come out with even more new and exciting brushes. I hope there will be some in the summer and big mineralize collection.

BuickMackane

I'm super impressed with Real Techniques brushes. I got them only recently, but first impressions are good! I managed to catch a sale on HQHair and I got the Setting Brush, Shading Brush, the Starter Set and the Core Set. The expert face brush and the Blush brush are on their way.

Illamasqua brushes are brilliant too. Super soft and no shedding (so far). They're all synthetic, so I'd highly recommend them to anyone who doesn't like animal hair brushes for whatever reason.

Medgal07

I'm super impressed with Real Techniques brushes. I got them only recently, but first impressions are good! I managed to catch a sale on HQHair and I got the Setting Brush, Shading Brush, the Starter Set and the Core Set. The expert face brush and the Blush brush are on their way.

Illamasqua brushes are brilliant too. Super soft and no shedding (so far). They're all synthetic, so I'd highly recommend them to anyone who doesn't like animal hair brushes for whatever reason.
I think all but two of my brushes are MAC...I have a Laura Mercier fan brush & the NARS Yachiyo. I love brushes so much that I'm willing to branch out if the quality is there. My husband thinks I'm nuts. He doesn't understand why I NEED so many brushes because he says, he's "pretty certain Michaelangelo painted the entire ceiling of the Sistine Chapel with only ONE brush."

Medgal07

I try to keep it at one brand, so that I don't spend even more
girlhaha.gif
But I do hope Mac will come out with even more new and exciting brushes. I hope there will be some in the summer and big mineralize collection.
I think MAC discontinued some brushes that they could bring back. I'd be game. I would like a flat top long handle brush w/the density of my 182/179/or my Gareth Pugh kabuki.

Pinkdollface

I think MAC discontinued some brushes that they could bring back. I'd be game. I would like a flat top long handle brush w/the density of my 182/179/or my Gareth Pugh kabuki.
I agree that would be great if they brought some oldies but goodies back. That flat top brush sounds similar to the Sigma Sigmax brushes. I would love that too if Mac would make one like those. I never got the Sigma ones BTW.

Medgal07

I agree that would be great if they brought some oldies but goodies back. That flat top brush sounds similar to the Sigma Sigmax brushes. I would love that too if Mac would make one like those. I never got the Sigma ones BTW.
I don't own any Sigma brushes either.
girlhaha.gif

martiangurll

I love MAC brushes but I have some from Coastal Scents that do in a pinch. I have 2 Sigma brushes, but not really feeling love for them. I really like BE brushes too.

mushroomteagirl

For those in the UK:

I've just been on to MAC live chat as i was interested to see if they could tell me the UK price of the Making Pretty collection brush set:

Ashling: Unfortunately we do not have any information regarding the price of the products within this range. However as this range is being launched exclusively within Selfridges I would recommend contacting them as they may be able to offer further information for you.
Helen: it's a selfridges exclusive?? so it's not going to be on the MAC website?
Ashling: I can confirm that this range will not be available on our website

How irritating!

MRV

For those in the UK:

I've just been on to MAC live chat as i was interested to see if they could tell me the UK price of the Making Pretty collection brush set:

Ashling: Unfortunately we do not have any information regarding the price of the products within this range. However as this range is being launched exclusively within Selfridges I would recommend contacting them as they may be able to offer further information for you.
Helen: it's a selfridges exclusive?? so it's not going to be on the MAC website?
Ashling: I can confirm that this range will not be available on our website

How irritating!
Yes it is! This possibility popped into my mind this morning. I chatted earlier with them and they told Selfridges and Harrods will be having some exclusive collections but refused to name them. Well, I won't be getting anything from this collection then.
cry.gif

Winthrop44

Can anyone tell me if the Runaway Red from this collection was like the RR from MAC Me Over (batch# B41) or like AA1 from Shop Shop Shop, Cook Cook Cook? Thanks!

ForeverJenn

I wish they would make runaway red permanent! All the times it's launched with collections and I still don't own it , wtf?