MAC 2012 "Making Pretty" Couture Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Mac-Guy

I like the fluffy powder puff, but I don't like the bows - same with the Glamourdaze collection. The bows strike me as tacky, and make things more awkward to store.

Is that an atomiser I see on the left of the picture?
That would be awesome!
eyelove.gif

MACina

I wonder the same thing...really looks like that!

A powdery scent would be great
heart.gif

I like the fluffy powder puff, but I don't like the bows - same with the Glamourdaze collection. The bows strike me as tacky, and make things more awkward to store.

rubytitania

I think this will be a skip for me. I already have 3N and Runaway Red, and I really don't like that packaging at all!

Mac-Guy

I think this will be a skip for me. I already have 3N and Runaway Red, and I really don't like that packaging at all!
The packaging is really the complete opposite of last year's. I still prefer the GP packaging rather than gold/pink bows, but as long as the quality of the packaging is nice and not tacky, it's o.k. with me.

tats

The brushes are 136 and 282 sold as a set for $100. The lipsticks are Runway Red and 3N.
yay I need to stock up on 3N!! so happpy :)
I'm not usually buying anything fromt this collection, I guess this year is my first time..))

MRV

I like the compact most. However, I do not carry a powder with me (nor use one other than FM now) and I'm unfamiliar with the mystery powder. Is it good?

Another possibility is 3N. I'm not sure though because pinks like Neutral Pink from N are just awful on me.

Mac-Guy

I like the compact most. However, I do not carry a powder with me (nor use one other than FM now) and I'm unfamiliar with the mystery powder. Is it good?

Another possibility is 3N. I'm not sure though because pinks like Neutral Pink from N are just awful on me.
It's a good setting powder, especially as it is rather light. It does not provide much coverage, which IMO is a good thing as it does not cake up easily.

MRV

It's a good setting powder, especially as it is rather light. It does not provide much coverage, which IMO is a good thing as it does not cake up easily.
It might be a good one for me then. I have a very dry skin, but sometimes I need something extra to cancel out the excess dewyness I get with my multiple face products.

mousygiggles

I think that is the lipstick.

Kaidan

The packaging looks really nice, but so far it's a skip for me. On the other hand, my mom would love the packaging and perhaps the Runway Red lipstick.

GlamQueen21

I need 3N lipstick!! Usually I end up skipping the couture collection so I do hope that we see the color story for this soon!

tats

I love the packaging as I love all retro stuff. It will look good on my retro dressing table
eyelove.gif

rubytitania

The packaging is really the complete opposite of last year's. I still prefer the GP packaging rather than gold/pink bows, but as long as the quality of the packaging is nice and not tacky, it's o.k. with me.
The GP packaging was much more my style :)

If there are products I want from this then I'll get them regardless, but the packaging won't be an incentive for me. To be honest, it's not generally much of a factor for me in deciding whether to purchase when it comes to cosmetics. I have strong aesthetic preferences on everything (I'm a designer), but hardly anyone sees my makeup other than me so I just focus on the products themselves!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
In Euros it will probably cost a leg and an arm :)
That's why I'm annoyed already. I'd love to get 3N, but I'd rather get in regular packaging for the regular price. For the couture packaging I have to pay almost twice as much.

Latest posts