MAC 2012 "Making Pretty" Couture Collection Discussion (December 2012)

mousygiggles

Thanks very much! As cute as the LE brushes are, I think that I might just buy either the 136 (which isn't listed on the Mac Canadian web site, but which I swear I saw in a store this week) or the 134 and save money for Taste Temptations, Strength and a couple of the other promising collections on the horizon. (Note how buying a $50 brush instead of a $100 set justifies me making purchases from three different collections in my mind? Isn't it cute how makeup math works?)
I don't blame you! I have at least 4 136 brushes. I found them at a CCO here and stocked up. I love it. I am getting the set for the pink factor and the 282.

rockin

If this is correct, the collection is called Making Pretty

http://streamof.styleitonline.com/post/33780211142/macs-making-pretty-2012-holiday-collection-is-to

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
The lipstick packaging looks really nice.

MAC-Holiday-2012-Making-Pretty-Collection.jpg

Pinkdollface

I'm thinking that the 136 will be good for applying Forever Marilyn BP - I know I will be getting the brush set at least!
I love the 136 with FM! The 136 is a lot fluffier than most big powder brushes. I don't like it for normal powder that I set my foundation with, because it's not stiff enough, but I love it for bronzer and other coloured powders that I use on larger parts of my face.

Is the 282 the eyeshadow brush in the set? It doesn't look like the duo fibre 282 in the holiday set at all.

gracie90

I love the 136 with FM! The 136 is a lot fluffier than most big powder brushes. I don't like it for normal powder that I set my foundation with, because it's not stiff enough, but I love it for bronzer and other coloured powders that I use on larger parts of my face.

Is the 282 the eyeshadow brush in the set? It doesn't look like the duo fibre 282 in the holiday set at all.
That's what I thought - it doesn't seem to be the 282, which I'm desperate for!

gracie90

Quote:
It is the 282. I bet the promo pics are just off a bit.
Yay! I'm so happy that the 2 brushes happen to be ones that I really want anyway - how pretty they are is just a bonus!
I also really like the look of the compacts. This collection is very aptly named!

Naughtyp

I agree...I am a bit surprised to see RR again!

I am not even sure if I really like a red lipstick for this packaging/collection.But this might just be me...
3N fits perfect for the packaging IMO.Eden Rocks would definitely have fit too!

I wanted Eden Rocks too =( anyone know of anything close to it? I voted everyday for it! do we know the price story? I already have Runway Red, am not sure about 3N....but i want something! lol maybe I can give my mom my RR and buy myself this one?? lol that seems dumb to me ...what are those powders are they beauty powders?

Naughtyp

By the way I believe we share a bday.
friends.gif
I just saw that lol i was going to check her swatches of 3N again....I didnt like it enough to ever vote for it tho so I prob wont buy it. I have the hardest time finding a nude lipstick dammit! and what is a "mystery" powder?

Naughtyp

I dont think I can bring myself to pay $28 for a lipstick that I dont like that much! or $65 for a powder....

Mac-Guy

A $6 price increase on lippies
icon_eek.gif
Oh well, when we pay over 30 bucks next year, a $28 l/s will sound cheap.

martiangurll

Yes! It is always avaliable (I think) and you do not have to get it with the pink packaging and the puff but I want it for the pretty factor!
I can foresee getting brushes, lipsticks, and all kinds of things for the pretty factor. Do we really think the Mystery powder is worth the price? On the other hand, I will pimp out that compact and place all kinds of depotted inserts into there...
sigh.gif